Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Realization...

Lance paced back and forth in Kaeden's rooms as he thought about meeting up with Marionette and Aurora.

Marionette had called on him early that morning asking him to spend the day with her and her sister so that she could get to know Aurora but from what Kaeden had told him last night it only made him more nervous. When Kaeden walked in the room he was shocked to see Lance frantically pacing back and forth.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" Kaeden questioned as he placed his small basket of his bathroom things back on his desk. Lance looked up at Kaeden worriedly, biting his lip.

"She knows about you Kaeden, what makes you think she won't find out about me?" Kaeden glared at Lance shaking his head.

"You don't have the last name of a vampire coven, as simple as that. Try not to flicker and you'll be just fine. Now get out." Kaeden felt slightly exposed standing their in nothing but a towel on. Normally he had no problem with it, but for some reason, he felt like he had to compete with him in almost everything and at this moment, he didn't feel like competing.

"But what if I do? You don't find her at the least bit suspicious?" Kaeden ran his hands through his wet hair knowing he head his own doubts about Aurora but knew it was better to talk to Lamont than it was to Aurora. Not to mention he needed to find out how exactly the Elders took the news of a human/vampire relationship other than slave/master.

"Maybe, but, if there was anyone I would want to talk to it'd be her boyfriend. Now, go spend some time with them. I know I've been hogging her lately." Kaeden winked at Lance who glared back at him, knowing that he was right. He had been taking up most of Marionette's time and wanted to be the one who swept her off her feet every now and then. Although, he did almost kiss her which was more than he could say for Kaeden.

"I'll see you later."

***

"Aurora, would you put some clothes on!" Marionette shouted as Aurora walked downstairs into the living room to ask which color shirt she should wear when she saw her sister's other new friend sitting there on the couch, being served lemonade by their mother.

"Oops. Sorry!" Aurora ran back upstairs as Lance blushed deeply not believing that he had just witnessed that.

"Sorry about her. She really just has no discretion." Marionette's mother glared at her, as she placed the large pitcher of lemonade down.

"Netty, don't be mean." Marionette returned the glared hearing her nickname being said in front of a guy she was starting to have feelings for. 'I think...oh boy...'

"We'll I'll leave you two alone...you know Lance, you look awfully familiar...do I know your father perhaps?" Marionette's mother wondered, swearing to herself that she had seen his face before. Marionette looked between the both of them and wondered if her mother had known him when he was alive.

"Uhh, maybe. My parents passed away a long time ago. I moved here not too long ago." Lance quickly stated to make sure no more questions were asked. He had known her mother. When he was younger she had watched him a few times as a child, sneaking her boyfriend over when she had thought that he was asleep. He had had a crush on her then which explained his sudden attraction to Marionette. She looked much like her mother.

"Oh, alright then. I'll see you later, Netty." Marionette sighed as her mother kissed her forehead and then left the house to walk over to their funeral home. After shaking off the embarrassment Marionette turned to Lance to ask him about her mother.

"Did you know my mom?" Lance chuckled and nodded his head when Aurora came rushing down the steps, fully clothed this time.

"HEY! Sorry about that before, I'm all ready to go!" Aurora smiled brightly as Lance stood up to great her more properly this time.

"No problem. Hi, I'm Lance." He held out his hand and Aurora took hold of it smiling brightly. Marionette watched close and saw how well he interacted with her sister.

Once they had introduced themselves, they all headed to a small diner closer to the center of town, Aurora driving and asking many questions while on the way there. Marionette wondered why Aurora was trying to dig into his personal life.

She insisted on asking about his parents, school, work, future plans, and all before they even got to sit down and eat.

***

"Wow, I'm stuffed." Aurora sat back in her seat and patted the small belly that was protruding because of all the food she had just consumed. Lance sat there amazed at how much Aurora had eaten, all the while asking him how both he and Marionette met. That's when he noticed the time and his hand.

"Crap," he whispered as both Aurora and Marionette looked over at him confused.

"Everything alright?" Aurora asked as he gave Marionette a look that she seemed to read. She knew that he had to get out of there remembering what had happened in the forest.

"Oh, Lance, don't you have-"

"Yes! Oh, sheesh, you know I can't believe I even forgot. I'm sorry, I've got this work thing I gotta get to. It was a pleasure meeting you Aurora." Aurora was saddened by his need to leave and a bit suspicious as to why both he and her sister seemed too eager for him to leave but pushed it aside assuming that he was late.

"Oh, it was nice meeting you too. Not often that Marionette finds friends that are alive!" She giggled as both Marionette and Lance laughed nervously. He nodded his head and pulled her in for a hug. Both she and Marionette were shocked when he showed Marionette his hand from behind Aurora's back. He was already starting to fade.

"Whoa, careful there, I'm too old for you!" Aurora laughed again as Lance started to make his way out smiling.

"Ha-ha, bye!" He waved with his good hand and hurried himself out of there. Once he was in a safe place he faded off and headed towards the cemetery.

"You know, I like him. You should date him!" Marionette's eyes went wide as she looked at her sister who was just casually sipping on her vanilla milkshake. Marionette couldn't believe what she had just said, not really expecting it. She hadn't said anything yesterday about Kaeden, why Lance?

"Why, Lance? What's wrong with, Kaeden?" Aurora stopped drinking and sighed.

She had her reasons, she just couldn't tell Marionette what she felt was wrong with Kaeden. Although it would be mean and hypocritical of her to say so, she simple doesn't want Marionette dating a vampire who most likely was an aggressor long ago depending on how old he is.

"I don't know I just don't get a good vibe off him. I mean he seems nice and all, I just think I prefer Lance. Why? Do you like Kaeden?" Marionette looked down at her lap wondering if she did. She knew she liked spending time with him, but she felt the same way about Lance. Did she perhaps like both of them?

"I-I guess. But..." Aurora was starting to see the confusion on Marionette's face grow as she could see her struggling within herself.

"You like the both of them, I see. Honey, it's okay. As long as you make a choice, you can't keep the both of them." Marionette laughed lightly and thought about it just a bit more.

Could she really choose one?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image