Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Is there anybody out there?

Marionette's mind filled with thoughts of how exactly she was supposed to fix this problem. She had never been in a situation like this before. This was all new and trying to process it really have her a headache. Something that had been happening way too often ever since Lance and Kaeden had stepped into her life. No one had ever made her this angry before, not even the girl who used to make fun of her at school (which had oddly stopped the day after Kaeden had come back to school) but then again, she never felt anything for anyone before other than her sister. Marionette could feel her fragile heart begin to split at the seams.

Her feet took her deep into the forest without her noticing since her thoughts had been running even deeper than before. That's when she realized that she was a bit too far from home and just how dark it had become.

"Crap," she muttered to herself as everything seemed to be jumping out at her. The trees seemed to be reaching out towards her and she swore she could hear something moving within the dark foliage. She closed her eyes and tried to gain control of her mind. Her heart raced as all she could hear were the branches snapping, animals crying out into the darkness, making her heart beat even faster. Her mind had imagined the worst and then when she finally opened her eyes and turned around to see a squirrel run up a tree. Marionette sighed in relief and turned around only to be met with someone's chest.

"You smell so sweet..." Marionette's blood ran cold, knowing, remembering that haunting voice. Cain.

"E-Excuse me," Marionette pulled her sweater closer and attempted to walk around him but he stopped her.

"Oh, no. You're alone darling...which is very bad for you." Marionette's eyes widened as she looked up at him. She was truly frightened by this man. He smiled wickedly, showing off two pearly white fangs. Her breath was caught in her throat as she looked up at him. All she saw was a monster ready to devour his prey so she fought as hard as she could to get away.

Marionette screamed, trying to run when he appeared in front of her laughing manically. She kicked and scratched at his face as he dragged her into the forest off of the path.

"Let go! What are you?" She screamed as Cain forced her down on the ground and sat on her waist so that he could control her easier.

"What am I? Don't you know? Your dear Kaeden is just the same." Marionette stopped struggling as Cain started to laugh again.

"Oh yes. You're favorite fairy tale creatures are very real and your precious Kaeden is one of us. He's just as guilty of wanted you for your blood as am I. Therefore, I just had to take you away. I love to steal his food, especially playing with it." Cain began tearing at the top of her dress, having ripped off the sweater while he was dragging her to this spot. He tore it off her shoulders, exposing her breasts. She felt humiliated and screamed in terror. Desperately trying to cover herself, she failed as the tears ran down her face and Cain squeezed her breast till he left a very visible starting bruise.

No one had ever touched her in such a way before. No one had ever seen this much of her and it made her fight even more. She desperately tried to push Cain off but he was just too strong for her. Once he got to hold Marionette's arms down he bit and snipped at her chest. Marionette screamed louder and cried begging him not to kill her. Instead of answering her he bit into her left breast just to take a taste.

"Virgin...I'll change that." Cain pushed up her night gown showing off her black underwear causing Marionette to panic even more. Not only would she end up dead, but raped at the same time and no way of even to try and fight for her life.

"What's with you and black? Though I'm not complaining, it's sexy." He winked at her and she just looked away not wanting to see his face and have it burnt into her memory.

Marionette just lay there, having no idea what to do. He was going to kill her after he was done stealing her innocence. She felt a burning sensation everywhere he had touched, having the urge to rip up her own flesh just to get remnants of his touch away.

Marionette closed her eyes as she heard his pants unzip, she knew what was coming. She didn't have the energy left to scream, and just cried harder keeping her eyes shut. She bit at her lip waiting for it to happen until a pain like never before engulfed her whole lower half. She cried out and his hips radically thrust their way in and out. He held a grip so tight on her that she could feel the bruises that were going to form besides how sore her innocence would be.

That's when she remembered. '...whenever you are in trouble Marionette...you call my name. I swear to you, I will be there.'

"K-Kaeden..."She whispered as the pain from his thrusts increased as he bit on her neck.

"Kaeden..."

***

"I really screwed up! What the hell-" Kaeden shushed Lance hearing a whisper in the room.

"What?"

"Shhh," that's when he heard it. Almost as clear as day.

"Something's wrong." Lance furrowed his brow wondering what could possibly be wrong.

"What do you mean?" Lance watched Kaeden closely as Kaeden's eyes widened.

"Marionette's being attacked." With that, Kaeden was gone leaving Lance standing there in shock. He felt a burning anger in his chest. A fire burning and crawling all over his skin, making him feel like he could do anything and no one could touch him. Within an instant he too was gone but brought right before a horrifying scene.

Marionette was being held by her hair with barely any clothes on, her chest exposed and bleeding from her neck and breast.

Kaeden was busy fighting off other vampires trying to get to Marionette. Lance focused all of his energy and anger towards the vampires and was able to tear them off. He held them there as Kaeden looked up at him. He nodded his head in thanks and looked at Cain.

Cain smirked letting Marionette go, tossing her aside as if she were some dirty old rag doll and approached Kaeden. Waiting for this moment for a long time.

"You should've tasted her Sparks. Her blood was so sweet; I had never tasted anything like it." Kaeden's eyes were glowing red his fangs sticking out and aching to rip out Cain's neck.

"And her virginity? Oh, nothing like it. Virgins...they're all so special, you know?"

With that statement Kaeden attacked. He relentlessly began kicking, punching, and biting at any part of Cain he could. Cain defended and retaliated. What Cain had up his sleeve Kaeden would have never seen coming.

Kaeden felt a sharp pain in his lower side and saw Cain pull away from that area with a syringe in hand.

"Now I can kill her in peace." Kaeden hissed at him hearing those words and threw him up against a tree.

Cain struggled a little from the force, trying to regain his composure and threw himself at Kaeden. He latched himself onto Kaeden's, neck grabbing him and throwing him back onto the path. Kaeden coughed and tired to get up when he realized he wasn't breathing right. His chest felt tight, his throat began to close up, and feeling itchy and he could feel his tongue start to swell in his mouth.

Cain walked over slowly, laughing at Kaeden's disheveled form.

"Garlic injected right into your blood. Clever isn't it?" Cain lifted Kaeden up by his throat, looking at him admiringly.

"I'm going to enjoy this." Just as Cain was going to snap neck, Kaeden took hold of Cain's neck and bit into it. He began draining Cain as Cain fell to his feet.

Lance ran over, Marionette in his arms, desperately trying to cover her. He saw how Cain was struggling against Kaeden giving Kaeden a hard time. Lance held him still, until Kaeden drank every last drop.

Cain was dead.

***

"No." Diana whispered to herself in her sleep.

"CORDELIA!" Diana screamed as she awoke. She ran out her room and rushed down the grand stairs to the lobby of the house.

Sure enough there they were, bloody and drained. Lance looked up, surprised to see someone there while Cordelia ran down the stairs.

"Oh, my God! SION!" Cordelia shouted as she motioned for Diana to take Kaeden as she took Marionette. Sion was there within seconds looking over his son.

"She was attacked and something was stuck in Kaeden. A-A syringe I think." Cordelia's eyes widened as she looked down at her boy and this poor mortal.

"I'll call the healer. We'll take him into the dinning room." Sion said as he watched Kaeden convulse in his arms.

"Start giving him blood, Diana. Cordelia, take the girl upstairs to heal her." Lance looked desperately at Cordelia.

"You may come but wait outside." Lance nodded his head as he followed Cordelia up the stairs.

Diana began to cut her wrist and placed it over Kaeden's lips. Diana tried her hardest to keep his head still but Kaeden was too far gone. Diana began to cry, wishing her visions had happened sooner so that she could've warned Kaeden or Marionette.

"Sion, hurry!" She cried, taking back her wrist and licking up the blood. Sion then came in with the healer who immediately got to work.

"Please tell me they sent the right one?" Sion looked down at Diana and then Kaeden.

"Lamont Sterling is one of the best." Sion stated, inside truly hoping his words held truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image