Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

I See Dead People?

Marionette's alarm clock went off, the sound of 'Romance' slowly coming up on the speakers that were attached to her i-pod and she slammed down on the snooze button. She heard her mother's shouts to get up and reluctantly she did. She shouted back at her mother that she was getting herself ready for the day ahead. Marionette grabbed her black pants and a black shirt with white straps painted onto the shirt. She was never one to wear anything flashy; she was a simple person who never liked to show off her figure or anything like that so with that she placed on her normal large black sweater. She put her long hair in a braid; some loose strands falling out in front of her face to frame her beautiful blue eyes and grabbed her backpack to head off.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Marionette looked over at the breakfast her mother had made and shook her head. She wanted to get to school early to make sure she avoided Kaeden at all costs.

"No, I have to finish something that I left in my locker, I completely forgot yesterday. Sorry, mom!" Her mother, Heather Spelling, smiled feebly at her daughter nodding her head anyways.

"Of course. Bye, hunnie!" She shouted out after Marionette who was already out the door putting on her headphones and listening to her music. She glanced over at the cemetery, looking over at Lance's grave seeing a young man about her age looking at her, leaning on his tombstone. It shocked her, causing her to stop walking and look back at Lance's grave to see no one there. Was it all in my head? She wondered to herself and continued on to school, luckily not seeing any more strange things, Kaeden included.

When she walked into the school she was happy to see that not a lot of people were there yet, Kaeden especially, so she went over to her locker to get her books for her first class. In her locker were tiny pictures of her and her sister at a carnival when they were younger, stickers that she had collected from random events she had gone to by the school, and even some pictures of her favorite bands and the guys that she liked in them. She even put in a dark purple bandanna on the bottom of the locker to make it seem a little less like just a regular locker.

Marionette grabbed her health and her math book and headed to her first class however as she walked past the window she saw the same guy that she had seen standing by Lance's grave in the cemetery. When she walked back to the window he was gone. What's going on with me? She shook her head and quickly walked into her classroom, seeing that guy twice probably was only a coincidence.

***

Three hours later and two more sightings of the strange disappearing man outside of her school, Marionette wondered who exactly was that man standing outside of her school staring at her. Why would a man even spend time stalking her for that matter, confused her even more.

On the other hand, Marionette had avoided Kaeden Sparks all day as well as she could but sadly when lunch came and she tried to make her way to the school library he stopped her in the hallway, oddly enough in front of his best friend.

"Hi." She was shocked and looked over at the best friend, Jesse Harper, who was a very well known womanizer among the small school population here.

"Hey. Excuse me." Marionette tried to walk around him, but he stopped her noticing that she didn't have the hair clip that he had given her the night before, in her hair. He was slightly worried that she might've just thrown it out.

"Wait, I wanted to know if you liked the clip." Jesse looked at Kaeden confused, both for as to why he was talking to Marionette and as to what exactly he was talking about. He hadn't remembered them talking to each other at all the day before. He didn't remember Kaeden and Marionette ever talking before.

"Um, it's beautiful. It's at home on my dresser. I don't think school is the place to wear it, I'm afraid to lose it here. B-but I did love it. Now, I really have to go, sorry." She rushed passed the two of them and headed straight to the library to do some research leaving Kaeden and Jesse standing there completely dumbfounded.

"What was that?" Jesse questioned looking over at Kaeden who shrugged his shoulders and just walked away.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jesse rolled his eyes knowing that sooner or later he would find out what was up Kaeden's sleeve. Jesse glanced back at Marionette who went up the stairs disappearing off somewhere thinking about why his best friend would talk to her. Meanwhile, in the library Marionette was doing research on her little hometown asking the old librarian who used to boast about how long she had worked there at the school if she knew anything about a Lance Eldric.

"Hi, Mrs. M!" Marionette greeted and the old woman smiled at her. She was putting away some books, emptying out a box that was on the floor when she paused to talk to Marionette.

"Hello, Netty. What can I do for you?" Marionette bit her lip, knowing that it was such an odd question and that Mrs. M knew her parents very well and all about Marionette's habit of talking to the headstones in the cemetery, but this was a question she had to ask, Marionette's curiosity getting the best of her.

"Well, uh. I was wondering did you ever know of a student who might have gone here by the name of, Lance Eldric?" Mrs. M seemed to be in deep thought for a moment before nodding her head and pushing up her red framed glasses.

"Yes, he was a sweet boy. Always got into trouble, died such a tragic death. Was all over the newspapers here." She nodded her head and thanked Mrs. M and then went off to the back of the library where they would keep the old newspapers in books and she went searching for just that article. Sure enough there it was a picture of a horrible car wreck that looked almost unimaginable. The article itself stating:

Three young teenagers were killed in a horrible car accident, swerving off the road and hitting a pole the car instantly burst into flames, claiming the lives of Alicia Tate, Jason Adams, and Lance Eldric.

Marionette had to hold back her tears putting the large book down, glancing out the window. Oddly enough, there he was, standing outside of the school grounds with a Led Zeppelin t-shit and faded gray ripped up jeans with a pair of converse. She looked down at the book to see a picture of the three of them, their names underneath indicating who was who, and what Marionette saw made her heart stop. She stood up and ran to the window to see that the man was gone again, scared. It couldn't have been, or was it?

She looked back at the newspaper and stared at the picture of Lance Eldric, he looked exactly like the man that she kept seeing standing outside of the school. Okay...three more hours until we're back at the cemetery its okay. Its okay...

Marionette tried desperately to comfort herself but in her mind she just kept seeing his face, honestly believing she was starting to see a ghost. That through all her years of talking to the dead, she finally found one that in this case possibly wasn't so dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image