Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Anticipation

"Oh, crap." Kaeden groaned as he sat up on the sofa. He held his head in his hand for sometime before he took in the scent of the air around him. There was a familiar scent and it caused Kaeden to jerk his head up and stare at his best friend who was smirking at him.

"Caleb!" Kaeden was shocked to find him there and smiled at him. It was rare that Kaeden got to see Caleb so he was extremely happy to see him.

"Hey kitty-kat. How are you feeling?" Caleb teased and Kaeden glared at him.

"Better, you mut. What are you doing here?" Caleb took a deep breath and looked down at the floor. He chewed on the inside of his cheek before looking up at Kaeden again and giving him a week smile. Kaeden could tell that something was up but didn't want to push Caleb into saying it. He knew he would find out in his own time what was bothering Caleb.

"Well, Cordi had invited us over, I had come a bit early. Wanted to talk to you, but you seem to be pretty busy yourself." That's when it struck him.

"Marionette."

"Oh, you mean the beautiful brunette with those gorgeous blue eyes? Yeah, she's doing pretty well. She's upstairs with Diana and the ghost boy." Kaeden sighed in relief and then looked at Caleb shocked.

"You've never called anyone gorgeous, you better not have your eye on my girl. I already have 'ghost-boy' as a rival." Kaeden joked and Caleb laughed along with him.

"Trust me Kaeden, no worries. I think she's great...I'm just shocked, she is a mortal. The elders are going to kill you. Jesse doesn't seem to happy about it either, he keeps himself locked in his room." Kaeden sighed and nodded his head. His cousin was always so stubborn. However, Jesse was the least of his problems. The Varcoli would be instilling a serious punishment upon him, if not death.

"She's...special." Caleb smiled at Kaeden. He was truly happy that his friend found a connection back to his mortality. Kaeden had never really loved anyone before and to risk his own life for a mortal meant the Kaeden was well on his way to falling for her, even if he knew it or not.

"I wish you all the luck you can get. Well, I'll get Lamont, he should check up on you now that you're awake." Kaeden nodded his head and watched his friend leave out the door to go find Lamont. Kaeden's thoughts took him to Marionette as he watched Caleb leave. He wanted to see the smile on her face, the blush on her check every time he complimented her and the way she would bite her lip whenever she was nervous. Just then both Lamont and Marionette walked into the room.

"Kaeden!" Marionette looked over Kaeden worriedly as Lamont checked up on him to make sure the garlic had fully left his system.

"Hey, how are you?" Marionette looked around the room and at back him, shuffling her feet against the rug.

"I'm...okay. How about you? Do you think you got enough blood?" Marionette sat beside him not really understanding how vampires insides work but she clearly wanted to know to make sure he was alright. Kaeden let out a small chuckle and nodded his head.

"I'm perfectly fine. I feel a lot better than yesterday, then again it's up to the doc. Please tell me you weren't about to offer me your blood Marionette?" Marionette's face flushed and she began biting her lip looking away from Kaeden. Kaeden smirked glad that she could still do that. That Cain hadn't corrupted the person Marionette was and changing her into someone none of them knew.

"I-I was just asking, 'cause um...we could find more...I think..." Marionette was unsure of herself and felt like a complete fool sitting there. She heard Lamont give a small chuckle and then watched as he began unhooking everything from Kaeden.

"He's just fine, Marionette. You can keep your blood." Lamont teased her glad to hear her so lively. He was finished here with Kaeden so he took all of his equipment, packed everything up and left the room.

"Um, how long have I been out for?" Marionette looked at him and thought about it for a moment.

"Three days." Kaeden looked at her shocked not really believing it.

"Wow. And you've survived through Caleb that long?" Marionette laughed and shook her head. She had actually become quite fond of Caleb. He was nice and sweet, sure she was worried but the moment she found out that Caleb wasn't really a vampire but a werewolf, the inner goth in Marionette couldn't help but want to know all about him. It seems that she was slowly getting better, even in her mind she could see herself becoming who she was before the attack and that's all that really mattered to her.

"I like him! He's sweet and really funny." Kaeden looked at her seeing her eyes light up as she spoke about him. He was a bit worried that Caleb would become another opponent. However, all thoughts of that came to a halt when Sion walked through the door.

"Marionette, if you don't mind." Marionette shook her head and gave a small smile to Kaeden, leaving the room for them to be alone. Kaeden knew that look on Sion's face. It wasn't a very good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image