Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Such Interesting Friends

"One month."

That's what Sion told Kaeden. His trial with the Varcoli would take place after Christmas. It was going to be a frustrating, waiting for it to come. Kaeden just wanted to get the mess over with, he wanted to put it behind him so that Marionette wouldn't have to ever think about it again. Most of all, he was sure that Marionette would want to see her family for Christmas. He was sure Sion and Cordelia would work their magic on her parents but he didn't know how much longer they could keep glamoring her parents before they caught on to what was really going on.

However, it was time to go back to school, being fully healed from the attack. He really didn't want to go back but he was still under orders from the Varcoli. Caleb was also going to be attending, his family going to move out here soon, Caleb just getting a head start on it. Kaeden was positive that things would get more interesting now that he was there.

Jesse was of course not talking to him still which part of him mourned for. Sure, Jesse was an ass but he was still family. Kaeden was one of the reasons Jesse had gotten chosen by Sion to become apart of the Vampire race of Sparks.

Marionette and Diana were beginning to form a friendship, Diana showing her true colors. Lance was annoying as always being able to have better control over his powers. The one thing both Kaeden and Lance were worried about was how much time Caleb and Marionette had been spending together.

At first they assumed it was just because Caleb was a werewolf that attracted Marionette's supernatural interest but then the fascination began to die down and they started talking more intimately. Having long conversations that went on until morning, going out together and taking walks. It worried the two boys. Neither of them had a pulse and Caleb was very much alive.

--

"Wow, so it's not like in the books?" Caleb chuckled as he sat next to Marionette in their home room class, everyone around her shocked that someone was actually talking to her. Everyone thought the new guy was the hottest thing to hit the school since Kaeden and Jesse. They couldn't believe that someone who was a cross between a skater and hippie, was being friendly with Marionette. Just because of that alone, people stayed away even though all the girls just seemed to be drooling over him.

"Alright, settle down class. I would like to introduce the two new students for this year." Marionette and Caleb glanced at each other for a moment, eyebrows furrowed curious to see who the other person was. Caleb stood up and walked to the front of the class and faced the floor not wanting to look at all the people who were gawking at him, when the door to the classroom opened.

A young man the same age as Marionette with dark brown hair and bright hazel eyes. He smiled at everyone as he stood next to Caleb who seemed to be in awe of the new kid.

"Okay everyone, this is Matthew Tate and Caleb Stone. I would like all of you to please treat them nicely and welcome them to our school." The teacher then sat down motioning to the boys to sit down. It took a moment before Caleb shook his head and regained his seat next to Marionette. Matthew took the seat on her other side and smiled warmly at her.

Marionette took this chance to introduce herself, since he was smiling at her and not gawking at her like a walking side-show freak, she figured she could gain another friend.

"Hi, I'm Marionette." Caleb looked at Marionette horrified that she just introduced herself to him like that. He thought she was the shy type.

"Hi, seems like you're the only one willing to talk to me." He said, pushing up his black rimmed glasses. Marionette looked around at everyone seeing the stares they were giving him. She wondered why everyone was looking at him like that, was it because he was attractive? Maybe, or it was because he was talking to her.

"Well, if you want another friend other than me, it might be hard. No one likes me here. Except for my friend Caleb." Marionette took Caleb by his wrist and tugged on his arm. He looked up at her biting at the inside of his cheek.

"What?" He asked harshly looking at the teacher who was impatiently waiting for home room to end and classes to start. Marionette glared at him and motioned over to Matthew.

"Say, 'Hi'!" She encouraged and Caleb glared back at her.

"Hi." Caleb muttered and Matthew laughed.

"You've got an interesting friend, Marionette." Marionette chuckled and thought to herself. Oh, yes I do.

--

"What are you doing?" Marionette jumped, being so focused in her book that she had tuned everything around her out.

"Kaeden! You scared me." Marionette quickly closed the book she was reading, her face flushing red.

"Sorry. Where's your new best friend?" Kaeden sat down across from her, taking the book from her hand.

"H-Hey! He's with Matthew, the other new kid. Give that back!" Kaeden opened the book and began reading some of the passages. Marionette had been looking at a book referencing to vampires, werewolves, and other mythical creatures relating to vampires or werewolves. He looked at the front, the book entitled The Vampire Encyclopedia.

"The other new kid? Caleb always makes friends fast." Kaeden murmured looking at a page entitled 'How to Become a Vampire'. Kaeden began laughing at some of the absurd things that were written in the book.

"Caleb seemed a bit shy to me." Kaeden looked up shocked. For Marionette to call someone shy meant you were very shy. Kaeden never knew Caleb as the shy type. Sure he was the calmer one with less impulsive actions unlike himself but shy wasn't apart of him.

"That's...strange." Marionette shrugged her shoulders and opened up the book again.

"You know...none of that is true." Marionette glared at Kaeden.

"Some of it has to have some merit, people didn't just think of this all on their own." Kaeden looked over at Marionette and then leaned in close. Her heartbeat rose and she held her breath, looking down at the book. She was too afraid to look at him and he knew it.

"Then let's take a look, shall we?" Marionette's face was beat red and Kaeden's hand overlapped her own so that he could bring the book into his view. He glanced at her through his peripheral vision to watch her cheeks flushed. He felt something in his chest, almost as if his heart was still beating, he smiled to himself. Marionette had some sort of power no one in his immortal life had ever had. The power to make him feel alive.

"S-Sure..." She stuttered and they began going over some of the legends in the book.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image