Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Shocking

For the next week both of the boys followed Marionette around in secret whenever she was with Caleb. They would go running off together without telling anyone about it. This made Kaeden and Lance even more suspicious of what happened. Each of them spending less and less time with Marionette. She would always say that she had to go help Caleb out with something or she had a to do some school work with Matthew. Kaeden and Lance felt like they were quickly being replaced with Caleb and this Matthew person.

Today was the day they would finally confront them. Lance had been telling Kaeden all week that they needed to tell Marionette what they knew and that they needed to discuss this. After all both Lance and Kaeden had been very honest about their feelings with Marionette it would have been nice to at least know Marionette's feelings before she went running off with Caleb.

Before they could talk to her though, they had school. Kaeden, Marionette, and Caleb all heading in together in Kaeden's car. Marionette and Caleb talking about a project they had due in science and Kaeden wracking his brain about how he would approached Marionette. He knew he wasn't going to be doing it alone but still, he thought that maybe he would be able to find out a bit more about Marionette and Caleb during lunch. They finally got there and Kaeden parked, Caleb getting out of the car first.

"Wait, Marionette, can I talk to you?" Marionette looked from Kaeden to Caleb, who shrugged and just walked off. Marionette looked back at Kaeden smiling.

"Yeah?"

"Well...you see, I...well..." Kaeden couldn't find the words he needed to confront Marionette. Her smile and bright blue eyes looking at him intently. He went weak before her getting lost in those eyes.

"Are you okay?" Marionette asked, seemingly very concerned. She knew Kaeden to be the aggressive type. He never stumbled over words and got tongue twisted, that was her. She was the one who couldn't function with the deep stare Kaeden and Lance would give her. Marionette worried that there was something wrong since he was acting so strange.

"Uh, never mind. We'll talk later. You get to class." Marionette furrowed her brow and then nodded her head.

"Okay, during lunch." She smiled at him and then ran off to meet up with Caleb so that they could go to homeroom together leaving Kaeden in the car alone.

"Shit." Kaeden banged his head against the steering wheel not believing how nervous he had just gotten in front of her. He was Kaeden Sparks, a once well know warrior amongst his kind, a vampire who could make a mortal stand in fear before him with just a glare. A vampire with a lot more power than most his age. Never would he have thought that a mere human girl would make the fearsome vampire, completely helpless.

***

Soon enough lunch came and Kaeden made his way to the library. He was very eager to talk to her, not having really been able to spend any time with her whatsoever. He walked in and there she was, her face leaning close to her paper and her pen racing across the page. He walked over to her slowly as to not disturb her concentration. She seemed so into it, picking up her hand and shaking her wrist every now and then because of the slight pain she was getting from writing so much. Soon enough she stopped, knowing that she needed to write for the next class and that she should let her hand rest when she saw Kaeden standing there staring at her.

"W-When did you get here?" She blushed hard and looked away from him, gathering up her books. Her hair had been pulled back into a french braid, Diana, dying to do her hair had finally cracked Marionette into letting her do it. Diana had said that she wanted to bring out Marionette's face more since she was indeed a very pretty girl.

"Just now. You seemed so into your writing, I didn't want to bother you." Marionette smiled and motioned for Kaeden to take a seat in front of her.

"I'm jusy writing a rough draft for a paper." She stated taking out her the small lunch she had packed for herself. Constantly working on things helped Marionette to keep her mind busy. She didn't like to be doing nothing because it would make her mind wander and that was no longer a good thing.

"How have you been? I barely see you anymore." Kaeden asked, grabbing one of her hands. She looked down shocked and quickly glanced around to see if anyone was watching. No one was, seeing as how this kind of treatment had been going on for awhile, Diana and Kaeden talking to her and even having Caleb as her best friend. The school stopped treating her like the freak and just ignored her now. She liked not having any attention on her and that no one bothered her anymore.

It was kind of freeing and made her feel like a normal person. Sure she still loved to dress in black but no one made a spectacle of her anymore if she wore color. Jean and color had actually introduced into her wardrobe a lot more since Diana. They wore the same sized clothing so it was fun sharing clothes with someone. Marionette used to do that with her sister but her sister was slightly taller and more busty than she was so clothes didn't fit all the time.

"I'm okay. I've been doing a lot better and feeling great. My scars look better." Marionette smiled gently and pulled down the turtle neck a bit to show Kaeden. He smiled sadly at them, glad that she was healing but hateful that it even was there.

"And sorry I haven't been talking to you much. Caleb has been kind of stealing me away, huh?" Marionette chuckled and took a bit of her sandwich. Kaeden nodded his head and took his hand back leaning into his chair.

"He sure has. What is that all about anyways?" Marionette glanced up at Kaeden quickly and then back down. She bit her lip not knowing what to say. This made Kaeden nervous, he didn't know what to expect, was she going to tell him that they were dating? Was she going to run off with him some place? So many things ran through his mind he didn't know what to expect.

"Um, nothing really, you know just...um...hanging out...and um stuff." Marionette smiled cheekily and started to each faster. She didn't know what else to do, she wanted to get off of this topic very quickly. This however, didn't make Kaeden feel any better. In fact, it made him feel worse.

"Marionette...I know you pretty well. What aren't you telling me?" Marionette bit her lip and thought about it. She raced through her mind to find something to tell Kaeden when the bell rang.

"Oh, look at that! Class, I really should get going, I have homework due!" With that Marionette went as quickly as she could to class, leaving Kaeden there dumbfounded.

He had never seen her act like this, it was like she was hiding a huge secret and didn't want to tell him. This only made him think that she really didn't like him anymore and couldn't believe that Caleb would do something like that. Caleb wasn't Jesse, he would assume Jesse would pull something like this, stealing away his girl. He had done something like this before only Kaeden didn't care as much. After the reaction Marionette had given him, there was no doubt in his mind that there was something going on between the two of them.

***

"Are you sure about this?" Lance questioned as he watched Kaeden pace back and forth in his room. Everyone was already home from school, Jesse out with some of his friends, Diana studying in her room, Charisma and Sion at the club making sure everything was okay, Marionette and Caleb downstairs, and Kaeden and Lance in Kaeden's room thinking about what to do.

"We're going down there to confront them. Now!" Kaeden shouted, trying to make his way past Lance.

"Wait a minute, we shouldn't be so rash!" Kaeden glared at Lance and pushed him aside.

"I don't care, I need to talk to the bastard!" Lance pushed him back with his powers and held Kaeden in place.

"Lance, let go of me." Kaeden growled. Lance shook his head knowing that Kaeden wasn't acting rationally.

"Kaeden, please. We shouldn't just storm down there, maybe we should just have a nice chat." Kaeden pushed hard against Lance's power and went to punch him in the face. Lance not thinking Kaeden could do that didn't have a chance to defend himself taking the punch to the face knocking him off his feet.

"Sorry buddy." Kaeden quickly made his way downstairs and was about to start shouting at Caleb when he saw Marionette and Caleb walking out the door.

"Kaeden, wait!"

"Shush," Kaeden scolded, Lance bumping into him from behind not thinking that Kaeden would be hiding at the top of the stairs. Lance saw what Kaeden saw his eyes going wide.

"They...I guess..." Lance couldn't even finish the sentence a sudden sadness washing over him.

"We'll follow them, come on!" Kaeden looked at Lance who looked at him worriedly and then nodded his head. He knew that he should at least go along to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. Quickly they followed Marionette and Caleb to the park where they saw the other friend of theirs, Matthew, waiting for them. What they saw next, both men never saw coming.

"Holy. Crap." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Image