Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Beneath the Sleeping Sun

"Marionette...this is kinda big for me." Marionette held her breath as she waited for Caleb to finish.

"Here goes..." Caleb took a deep breath, staring down at the table.

"I haven't told any of my family this and it's hard to. I want support from people I care about first and I would really appreciate it if you would be one of those people." Marionette exhaled and looked at Caleb worriedly. She couldn't figure out exactly what he was saying. She held onto his hand scared of what he was going to say when he looked up at her directly in the eye.

"I'm gay." Marionette's mouth dropped and she grasped her chest.

"Oh my god..." She sighed and Caleb slowly took his hand away not expecting this kind of reaction from her.

"I see." Marionette looked up at him and saw that he had gotten the wrong idea.

"No, no! I'm glad! I'm so happy! I was so scared there for a moment. But don't worry, you'll always have me." Caleb's face lit up like a Christmas tree and jumped over the table to hug her. Marionette was laughing when Matthew came back smiling at the two.

"You told her?" Marionette looked up at Matthew shocked.

"You knew before me?" Matthew laughed and took a seat next to Caleb. She looked over at Caleb who was blushing like a fool.

"Well, tell her the rest." Matthew encouraged.

"Matt and I are dating." Marionette's eyes went wide and she squealed lightly.

"I'm so happy for you guys that's great!" Caleb and Matthew looked at each other smiling and then at Marionette.

"So when am I going to be squealing for you and Kaeden? Or Lance?" Matthew looked between them for a second and then chuckled lightly.

"Two boys? Way to go Marionette, I say take both." Caleb glared at Matthew who looked away with a smug smile on his face.

Marionette thought about it for a second. She did have a decision to make.


"Holy. Crap."

"That son of a bitch!" Kaeden shouted and rushed over to Caleb who stared at Kaeden in shock. Kaeden didn't say anything and just punched him in the face.

"Kaeden!" Marionette and Lance shouted at him, Matthew and Marionette helping Caleb up. Caleb was looking down at the ground afraid of this reaction.

"Why didn't you tell me? What the hell is wrong with you?" Kaeden yelled at him and Lance held him back. Lance was extremely confused as to the way Kaeden was acting when Marionette wasn't even the person Caleb was kissing.

"I was afraid-"

"Afraid? Caleb, you ran around with Marionette behind my back making me think you're stealing her from us and you're actually with him? I should kill you!" Caleb looked up at Kaeden confused, he thought he was mad that he was a homosexual.

"You're not mad that I'm gay?" Matthew looked between the two not really understanding the relationship the two of them had. He was just about as confused as everyone else there.

"No! You're my best friend, Caleb. We were destined to hate each other from birth and we got over that, well I did, but being gay? As long as your happy man...and not in love with me." Kaeden smirked causing everyone to roll their eyes.

"'Cause I know I'm just irresistible, right, Netty?" Marionette's cheeks flushed as she glared at him. Caleb jumped on Kaeden and hugged him tightly, glad that his friend was supportive of him.

"Thank you." Kaeden hugged him, nodding his head.

"Anytime. Nice choice, that guy's kind of cute. You better not hurt him." Kaeden sent a glare at Matthew who got a chill down his spine when Marionette shook her head.

"Don't worry about Kaeden. He's secretly a big softy." Matthew laughed as Kaeden glared at Marionette. Caleb chuckled and nodded his head, agreeing with Marionette.

***

They all hung out at the park for awhile before Matthew had to go home. All the while Marionette being off in her own head, thinking about why Kaeden was so angry. He had said, '...stealing her from us...' that was something she hadn't thought about in a while. Between everything that had happened, both Kaeden and Lance didn't try to 'woo' her. They had been tending to the emotional wounds that she had received, being great friends. Of course Kaeden was always flirty but it made her smile. She could always count on them to make her smile. Was she really ready to choose so soon? Could she?

After Matthew left they all headed back for the house it being a bit late. Caleb looked up at the moon that night and saw how it was a half moon. Around the same time next week it would be full and he would be placed into the steal room down in the basement of Kaeden's house. When Cordelia had befriended his parents they would often stay over and just in case they stayed around the time of the full moon she had asked Sion to build it for them.

"The full moon is coming soon." Caleb murmured and looked down at the pavement. Kaeden looked at him oddly and then remembered. Matthew was like Marionette, human.

"He doesn't know, does he?" Caleb shook his head and Marionette looked over at him. Here she was, walking with a ghost, a werewolf and a vampire. She was the human, a human who should be scared of these three people she was walking with. All three of them very capable of killing her, two who could even eat her, but she wasn't afraid at all. She knew Matthew was a great guy, but would he be as willing as she is to accept Caleb as such? Then again, she really truly hasn't accepted Lance or Kaeden, part of the reason she hesitates in choosing is because both are technically dead. She wouldn't be able to build a real life with them, not one her parents would want. However, she did love them as such, she knew she wouldn't trade them for the world, being a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf was a part of who they are.

"I think, you should wait. See how he feels first, if he loves you, he'll love every part of you. Being a werewolf is who you are, Caleb. Never be ashamed of it." All three men looked at Marionette shocked. She hadn't really spoken the entire time so when they heard her voice they all kind of stopped.

"You think so?" Marionette glanced at Kaeden and Lance for a moment and then back at Caleb.

"Yup." Kaeden and Lance couldn't help but stare at her. After she said that a weight was lifted off of their shoulders, worrying that Marionette would stop herself from loving them because of what they were. Caleb looked at the both of them as they watched Marionette walk ahead of them, in her own thoughts. He placed an arm around both of them, chuckling.

"I guess you boys have nothing to worry about."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image