Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

First Date

Marionette was furious with Lance. How could he just be casually sitting there in the back seat, did he follow her? Marionette glared at him through the rear view mirror and let out a big sigh. Kaeden looked over at her slightly confused, worried that she was already bored with him, secretly wanting to go home.

"Hey, you okay?" Marionette looked up at Kaeden and smiled, nodding her head. She didn't want him to worry, she couldn't let off that there was a ghost in the back seat.

"Y-yeah. I guess I'm kind of nervous. It's still all really shocking that you even asked me out." Kaeden smiled and looked at her when he came to a stop light.

"You really have nothing to be nervous about. And I know this is all sudden but, to tell you the truth I've been dying to go out with you for a while." Marionette looked at him shocked, not expecting that answer. It wasn't something she would normally hear. Every guy she's ever come across has called her a freak. Dates, kissing, flirting, this was something that she wasn't really familiar with.

"I would have never guessed." Lance rolled his eyes knowing that all Kaeden wanted Marionette for was to get some. He remembered when he used to do things like that, go out with girls just for show or whatever. He knew though that Marionette was different, she wasn't like the girls he used to know, and she certainly wasn't like the girls he's seen walking around now.

"Here we are." Kaeden pulled into the parking lot and helped Marionette out of the car. Marionette glanced over at Lance who was still there and wondered why.

"Uh, I'm going to head to the bathroom really quickly. You mind?" Kaeden smiled shaking his head and they followed the signs that led to the bathrooms.

"I'll be waiting." Marionette smiled at him and then glanced at Lance, motioning to him subtly to follow her.

Once she was inside Lance was followed her knowing that he was about to be yelled at for his actions. He knew that she wouldn't have taken him coming along lightly, but he had to come along to protect her.

Protect her...that's when it hit him, as he walked through the door to the ladies room. Lance couldn't possibly protect her, he was a ghost that couldn't even touch anything and could barely be seen.

"What are you doing here?" Marionette whispered harshly as she watched Lance walk through the bathroom stall door. She was completely shocked to see how sullen he looked.

"I-I'm sorry, I just don't trust that guy! I can't even believe that you do!" Marionette rolled her eyes and smacked her forehead with her hand not believing this was coming from a ghost.

"I know! But people deserve a chance; he's never done anything to me and had never called me a freak like some of his friends!" Lance snickered and shook his head wondering if Marionette's head was on straight.

"He could just be using you!" Marionette sighed shaking her head. She couldn't believe that at this very moment she was arguing with a ghost, about a boy, in the girl’s bathroom.

"You stay out of the way Lance and make sure you don't make any noise! You can go on this date with me so that we can both see if he's really sincere about his feelings okay?" Lance thought about it and then nodded his head. He knew it was the only way to make Marionette happy to make sure he stayed on her good side. Marionette was content with the agreement and headed back outside to see Kaeden waiting there in his jeans and black t-shirt, making Marionette wonder if he wore dark colors so that he wouldn't stick out as much with her.

"Hey, you good?" Marionette nodded her head and they both headed off into the amusement park.

***

By the end of the day, Marionette had had so much fun she couldn't believe that Kaeden was so willing to do all this for her. They went on almost every ride, Kaeden having to convince Marionette every now and then. She hadn't remembered laughing so hard since she was little, or having this much fun. She was so happy that Kaeden turned out to be really nice and sweet, buying her, her food, snacks, and anything else she wanted. However, this only angered Lance more because this meant that Kaeden was actually a nice guy (or seemed to be) and seeing how Marionette was slowly falling for him. How was Lance supposed to compete with a living being? Lance was still learning how to appear to Marionette and stay that way just so that he could talk to her.

Not only that but with Kaeden in the picture how was he supposed to confess his feelings for Marionette? He didn't even thing about it but, how was she going to react? She'd probably freak out and run away from him, telling him that she never wanted to see him again. He didn't want that to happen. Not when he had just gotten Marionette to talk to him.

"So, you had a good time?" Marionette blushed, holding the stuffed turtle that he had won her during a game of darts, as she nodded her head.

"I did. Thank you, it's been a really long time since I've done anything like that." Kaeden smiled and looked at her thoughtfully.

"I hope we can do this again soon." Marionette looked up at him shocked and nodded his head. He leaned over and gently kissed her cheek. He face flushed and she smiled at him sheepishly, saying goodnight making her way to her house. Lance was still in hack seat watching her walk away about to follow her when a voice stopped him.

"Wait." Lance turned looking into the rear view mirror to see Kaeden looking straight at him.

"No way..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image