Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

A Flickering Chance

After that disturbing night, Lance couldn't help but replay the conversation that had happened between himself and Kaeden. He was still in such shock and hadn't even spoken to Marionette since that night worried that he might slip and tell her that he had actually had a conversation with him, then again, would it have been so bad? Telling her that her new love interest (if he could even call it that) could talk to ghosts! Lance paced back and forth in her room, awaiting her arrival home from school wanting to confront her finally on the issue, even though Kaeden had warned him against it, Lance knew better than to let some pretty boy tell him what to do.

He was dead! What more could he do to him? Last time he checked nothing could hurt him!

"Netty, dinner will be ready soon!" Lance heard her mother shout at her, hearing Marionette's footsteps climbing up the stairs. Whatever was in his chest began to tighten, making it harder for him to breathe even though he really didn't need to, nervous about her walking through that door.

"Okay, mom!" Marionette opened her door shocked to see Lance standing there but smiled placing her bag on her floor by her door, closing it quickly behind her.

"Where have you been? I've missed you!" She went to go hug him when she realized she couldn't and stopped herself before she fell right through him. She decided to take a seat on her bed instead and remove her shoes instead watching Lance pace back and forth in her room.

"Are you okay?" Lance shot up a glare at her and she was slightly shocked at his reaction. She had never seen him look at her like that.

"Am I okay? NO! Y-You're seeing a creep! The man is a total fake! I told you I didn't like him and he just charmed you so that you would think he was nice, but is he really? NO!" Marionette's eyes widened as she sat there in complete shock watching Lance in his rage, yelling and screaming, slightly worried that her mother could hear this, but what astonished her more was the fact that he seemed to be flickering in and out. Almost as if he was becoming solid and then see through.

"Are you even listening to me, Marionette? No, of course you're not, you're just thinking about Mr. Perfect." Lance rolled his eyes and went to kick the chair that he knew he couldn't move, but it did. It went flying across the room and landing right beside Marionette on the floor, as she looked at him shocked. Lance was just as shocked as she was when he looked down at himself when he appeared to be solid, like he could touch things. Just then Marionette heard rushing up the stairs and urged Lance to hide and quickly fixed the chair. Her mother came bursting through the door looking at her worried wondering what had happened, slightly breathless.

"Is everything all right?" Marionette nodded her head just explaining that she had fallen off her chair, being clumsy and her mother nodded her head walking back downstairs. Lance poked his head out only to be see through again and Marionette sighed looking over at him in disbelief.

"What has gotten into you, Lance?" She walked over to him and he looked away from her biting his lip, not really knowing himself.

"I-I just don't think he's all he seems to be. That and...with him around, I really don't have a chance do I? He can hold you, kiss you, and give you warmth. Seems like all I can do is kick a chair when I'm mad." Marionette's mouth dropped at his sudden confession. She definitely didn't expect that, finally understanding why Lance had followed her on the date.

"I'll let you get to your school work. You know how to find me." Marionette nodded her head and Lance made his way out of her house, realizing he didn't get to tell her at all about the fact that Kaeden knew about him. He sighed, knowing that now wasn't a good time to tell her. He had told her enough for tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image