Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

How Can You Like A Dead Guy?

Marionette's mind was filled with what had happened the night before that she could barely concentrate at all in school. Her mind was so confused about the situation she had just been put in that she wasn't sure how she should react to all this. She hadn't seen Lance since last night after he had left and then there was Kaeden who she had been avoiding all day. Could she really handle a ghost and the most popular guy in school having the hots for her?

Marionette wasn't used to this kind of thing, she was the girl who was obsessed with graveyards, vampires, ghosts, monsters, Freddy and Jason, and having a boyfriend or any type of friend at all besides her sister was something completely out of the ordinary. The only real romantic thing she was ever close to was her parents, or whenever she would see a Dracula film. Romance wasn't apart of Marionette's daily life so having a ghost tell her that he liked her and having the guy every girl wants in school, want her also, was something Marionette had a tough time dealing with.

"You're avoiding me again." Kaeden was standing right in front of her, leaning onto the table glaring down at her. Marionette had hidden in the safety of the library to do some more research on her ghostly companion only to be caught by the one person she was trying to run away from.

"Well...not really." Marionette blushed, keeping her head down, when Kaeden took a seat and looked at her questioningly.

"Why?" She sighed and looked up at him, seeing some of the people in the library start to look over and whisper to each other about what was happening.

"Because, you're the most popular guy in school, and I'm the school freak." Marionette spat shedding herself of her shy persona knowing that this wasn't the time to be timid. Kaeden was taken aback by her statement and quickly shook his head disagreeing.

"You're not. So, you're different from everyone else. Why do you think I'm so attracted to you? Believe it or not we have a lot of the same interests." Marionette furrowed her brow not really believing him when he took hold of the book that she was gathering notes from about Lance getting slightly nervous.

"Lance Eldric? Is it that you like someone else?" Marionette laughed nervously shaking her head taking the book back, quickly closing it.

"Lance? He's dead, how can you like a dead guy!" Marionette forced another laugh but then thought about it, can she like a dead guy? Kaeden seemed slightly offended by what she had said his face faltering for just a moment before returning to it's normal, flirtatious one. Marionette was slightly confused why he would have looked so forlorn just a moment ago but pushed it aside as Kaeden took hold of her hands. When he did, the whispers behind them got louder.

"Let me give you a date that you would never forget, okay? Something that's so romantic you would melt." His hands are so cold... Marionette shivered slightly at the touch of his hands noticing how cold he was and how he was slightly pale looking. She nodded her head looking intently at him wondering if he was sick or something.

"Are you okay? You're freezing." Kaeden noticed this too and instantly ripped his hands away from hers and stood up.

"It's fine. I just need some food. I'll talk to you later then, okay?" Marionette nodded her head and watched him quickly walk out of the library slightly confused still but shrugged it off and continued on with her reading, trying to ignore the constant whispers behind her back.

***

"Damn, looking pale. Go feed, man." Jesse told Kaeden as he saw him walk back out from the library towards his locker. Jesse followed, having already had his full, wondering what was up with Kaeden lately.

"I know, I know. I'm going now." Kaeden went into his locker and grabbed his bag that had his car keys in it; glaring the entire time.

"What's with you lately? You know Sion is pissed that you've been ignoring him." Kaeden glared at Jesse sighing, not really wanting to deal with this right now.

"I know, okay. I've just been...busy." Jesse glared back knowing exactly what Kaeden was being 'busy' about.

"Is this about the girl? Kaeden, you should know better." Just then Kaeden's eyes flashed a bright red and then returned to normal, causing Jesse to back off.

"Do I have to remind you who is the stronger one here?" Kaeden growled seeing Jesse was finished bugging him and took off in search of his next meal, leaving Jesse standing their genuinely worried for his brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image