Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Two Dead Boys

After kicking the chair the night before Lance realized that his anger gave him power. The angrier he got, the more solid he would appear. He spent all night concentrating on how to focus that energy to possibly stay solid and touch things; only it wasn't as easy as he thought it was. It took him three hours along just to touch the tree with one hand and another hour to try and touch it with both. By day break he was frustrated with himself and took a small nap by his grave only to awake a few hours later to see Kaeden's car drive by.

Lance furrowed his brow knowing he hadn't slept for that long, so he wondered why Kaeden had skipped out on school. He decided to follow him, running after the slowing car seeing Kaeden make a sharp turn and then another heading into the city. Why Kaeden would go into the city he had no idea but he knew for some reason he had to follow him, so he quickly hopped on a bus undetected that was heading the same way as Kaeden. Lance wondered to himself about what Kaeden could be doing going into the city during school hours but didn't question it much at all until Kaeden park in the parking lot of a club titled, The Eternal. Waiting for Kaeden to go in first Lance followed behind him discretely, trying hard not to be noticed by anyone in there only to see most of the people passed out on the floor, couples making out on the couches that were placed in the far back and the one girl dancing by herself to the fading music.

Kaeden scanned the room, seeing who wasn't high or too drunk and who already hadn't been drained. That's when he chose the girl dancing alone, she was just sobering up, the alcohol in her blood slowly dropping, and he knew she would be perfect. He made his way over, taking hold of her waist from behind and began dancing with her, their bodies moving to the Nine Inch Nails that was pumping through the speakers. He searched her mind, finding what she wanted from a man. She loved how Kaeden was being assertive at the moment; she wanted a man to not be shy of her or what she was doing.

He chuckled to himself in his head, she's too easy, he thought, knowing that getting her to go to the back room with him was going to be all too easy. However, before he did that he wanted to search deeper into her mind, find out where she lived so that she didn't wake up in a dirty club, wondering what had happened to her.

"Anna," Kaeden whispered into her ear and it sent shivers down her spine, she was intoxicated by his smell, his presence, and the way he moved his body with hers. He gently kissed the nape of her neck, and whispered in her ear sweet nothings, making Anna's knees weak. She turned around and began kissing him like there was no tomorrow, just as Kaeden had planned and led the girl into the back room.

Lance sat there shocked by Kaeden's actions. He couldn't believe that he was doing such a thing; he thought that he really liked Marionette and here he was making out with some girl. He couldn't just hang around here; he had to go confront him. Lance took a deep breath and walked to the back room where he saw Kaeden go in. When he walked in he saw Kaeden holding up the girl's limp body in his arms, her wrist having two puncture wounds that were seeping blood slowly, while Kaeden was licking his lips. Lance couldn't believe what he was seeing, was any of this real?

"Lance?" Kaeden questioned, quickly looking down at the girl in his arms and then back at Lance knowing there was going to be some trouble. He saw Lance start to flicker, his body becoming solid and then see through again.

"What the hell? What is this? What did you do to her?" Kaeden rolled his eyes and motioned for Lance to follow, walking out of the club, only to see Sion and Cordelia walking his way. Kaeden quickly told Lance to hide who hesitantly did what he said as Kaeden placed the girl in the passenger's seat of his car.

"Kaeden." Sion approached him, looking at him sternly; obviously upset with Kaeden.

"Sion." Cordelia looked between the both of them rolling her eyes, knowing they both didn't want to be standing there at the moment.

"You've been avoiding me." Kaeden's head was facing the ground and Lance wondered who these people were.

"I'm terribly sorry, Sion. Forgive me." Sion laughed and gave Kaeden a pat on the shoulder.

"You know better than to be formal with me boy, you're not Jesse or Diana. I do however; want to know how things in school are going." Lance took notice to their attire, seeing Cordelia wearing a long black dress with a burgundy sweater and small heals that were tapping due to her impatience.

"Kaeden, I want you home for dinner tonight do you hear me!" Cordelia spat out of nowhere, shocking both Kaeden and Sion.

"Uh, sure. Don't worry, Cordy, I'll be there." Cordelia glared at him, letting out a sigh wondering if Kaeden would really be there.

"You sure? Kaeden, you've been so distant, and I want to know how you're doing." Kaeden knew how much she did worry. Cordelia and Sion had taken him in under their wing and worried about him like he was their own son.

"Yes, I'd like to take the poor girl home if you don't mind." Sion looked at the girl slumped over in his car, and smiled.

"You were always so kind. I'm surprised you haven't become a vegetarian." Sion laughed and gave Kaeden a slight hug. Cordelia hugged him also bidding Kaeden farewell and walked off into the club.

Once he knew they were inside, Kaeden let out a sigh of relief and got into his car, Lance waiting in the back seat wondering about what was going on here.

"I'm not human." Kaeden stated as he started the car and started to drive to the girl’s house. Lance was slightly shocked even though he knew that he should have suspected it. However, how was this normal, Lance had no clue. He himself wasn't normal.

"I figured that much. What are you, like a vampire or something?" Kaeden quickly glanced at Lance through the mirror nodding his head. Lance couldn't believe it, Marionette was dating a vampire.

"Please, don't tell you want Marionette to join you too!" Kaeden glared at Lance and shook his head. "No! Of course not, I wouldn't want her to be apart of my world. I really do like her and I would appreciate it if you didn't tell her anything about me being a vampire!" Lance was shocked. He didn't think that Kaeden would react this way; he'd figure Kaeden would find some way to try and kick his astral ass.

"You don't want me to tell her your dirty little secret? Are you kidding me! You could be risking her life!" Kaeden sighed pulling the car over by the side of the road on the freeway that led back to the girl lived.

"I know that! But, I'm doing everything to make sure that doesn't happen. Please, I'm begging you, if anyone should tell her it should be me." Lance thought about it for a moment, wondering how fair this would be. Before he thought he was just dealing with the dilemma of not being able to touch or even kiss Marionette because of a guy that would be alive and that she could grow old and die with, now that standards had been raised to a vampire, although he did stand some obstacles of his own. Kaeden also couldn't grow old with her or anything. Maybe Lance had a chance?

"What do I get out of it? You know I care about her too!" Lance argued. Kaeden knew this was coming and even though he didn't want to tell him he knew it was probably the only way to keep his mouth shut from telling Marionette his secret.

"Long time ago I met a ghost like yourself. Only he had full control of his powers. He taught me how he maneuvered around and all that, I'll teach you what he taught me so that you could have a fair chance at her." Kaeden hated referring to Marionette as some prize that they each were trying to win but that was basically how it went.

Lance thought about the deal Kaeden was offering. It sounded good, almost too good but Lance didn't want to question him. He didn't want to know why a ghost would tell him anything like that, all he knew was that he wanted a fair chance at Marionette. He didn't want to be left out in the cold just because he was a dead guy. However, now their were two dead guys fighting over one perfectly healthy and very much alive, girl.

"Okay, I'll take it. I won't breathe a word to Marionette, while you teach me anything and everything you know, to even out the playing field." Kaeden smiled glad that he took it, and nodded his head.

"Good, so we have a truce?" Lance knew that fighting with Kaeden would be useless as did Kaeden, so Lance nodded his head to Kaeden's words and sat back for the rest of the ride, wondering where else this crazy journey was going to take him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image