Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

When You Can't Sleep

It was late into the night and Marionette just couldn't get to sleep. She didn't know why but she knew that she couldn't take Lance off her mind. She kept thinking about what he had said the night before, it echoing throughout her mind over and over again.

'He can hold you, kiss you, give you warmth.' She couldn't stop thinking about him, wondering about why all of a sudden he would say these things, he had never hinted that he had liked her before...or had he?

Marionette was slightly sadden at the sudden disappearance of Lance even though part of her was a bit relieved also that she was able to take sometime to think her situation over. Kaeden hadn't been in school either so she was left alone there also, however, not without the constant whispers about her and Kaeden. Marionette wondered where her two crushes had gone, missing the late night visits from Lance and talking to him for some time until she fell asleep.

Marionette sighed looking outside her window, the cemetery could be clearly seen, dancing in the moonlight and since she couldn't get to sleep she ripped off the covers and placed on her slippers. Put on a long black sweater on her she decided to head out into the cemetery for walk. She knew that would calm her and possibly put her to sleep afterwards.

She quietly made her way out the back door and headed straight for the stones that gave her so much comfort. Marionette headed for the tree that was by Lance's grave to go sit by it. She sat in front of it staring at the tombstone that had Lance's name etched into it hoping that maybe Lance would pass by.

"Marionette?" A hand shook her gently and Marionette opened her eyes slowly not realizing she had fallen asleep on the cold ground outside. She looked up at to see Lance smiling at her. Marionette looked at him completely shocked seeing him.

"Lance! Wait...did you just touch me?" Lance smirked and held out his hand to her. Marionette stared at it, seeing that he look solid but she was still slightly skeptical about just how solid he was.

"It's ok, take my hand." Lance assured her and Marionette took hold of it like he was alive, she could hold his hand. She looked up at him and smiled brightly and then jumped up onto him causing him to fall to the ground with her on top of him.

"I can't believe it! I can touch you!" Just then Marionette realized the position she was in and blushed insanely, instantly getting off of him.

"Sorry." Her hair fell into her face as Lance just chuckled shaking his head.

"No, no. Its fine, I'm excited too. That's why I've been gone for a few days, I've been practicing." Marionette smiled, still keeping her head down, too embarrassed to look at him at the moment.

"It's cold and getting late. You should get to sleep, you have school tomorrow." She looked up at Lance surprised that he was so worried about her schooling and everything.

"Your making me go back to bed?" Marionette put a sad face on and Lance laughed shaking her head.

"Well, no but, school is important-"

"Marionette!" Marionette jumped at hearing her name being called and so did Lance only to see that it was Kaeden. Lance glared at him, wondering why he was even here. Marionette also looked at him confused, seeing him completely dressed and sounding slightly out of breath. That's when she realized Lance standing behind her wondering if it was alright for Kaeden to even see Lance.

"What are you doing out this late?" Kaeden looked around frantically and even Lance was worried about him.

"Funny, my friend, uh, Lance here, was just saying the same thing, you guys are weird." Kaeden glanced at Lance giving him a look of 'get her in the house now', kind of look.

"Do you always meet men in a graveyard?" Marionette glared at Kaeden and rolled his eyes.

"No, he's a friend and happened to be passing by, like you! What's wrong?" Kaeden bit his lip and shook his head.

"Nothing. Hey, we have school tomorrow we should head to bed." Marionette glared at the two men who both nodded their head in agreement so she sighed, "Fine, I'll go in. You better be in school though. I'll see you later, Lance." Lance smiled at her giving her hand a light squeeze and they both watched her as she ran back to her house, in the safety of her room.

Once she was inside, Lance looked at Kaeden who let out a sigh of relief. He wondered what exactly did a vampire have to worry about.

"What's going on?" Kaeden looked at Lance, taking a deep breath and then looked out into the night.

"Vampires...we're having some issues, that's why I told you not to meet me tonight. But, I see why now, this is why you agreed." Kaeden glared at Lance who just stared back at him with the same eyes.

"Listen, you should keep on an eye on her for tonight." Lance looked at Kaeden confused. Why would he willingly let him be alone with Marionette?

"Why?"

"Just, in case. Please? You care for her as much as I do and now you have some powers." Lance nodded his head, sighing, wanting to know more about what was going on with Kaeden but he knew that he wouldn't get anything out of him.

"Alright. Don't die; I don't want to win by default." Kaeden snickered and made his way out of the cemetery. Lance made his way to Marionette all the time thinking about what exactly Kaeden's world was like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image