Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

Explanations

Image

"Go back inside, honey. Please." Fawn urged, no begged her daughter. She wasn't going to have this conversation. There was no chance that she would even consider it. She wasn't going to relive her mistake just for her daughter's sake. Willow rolled her eyes at her mother, ignoring her begging completely. She looked up at the man. She had heard bits of their conversation, and from what Willow could piece together, this guy, thought he was her father. Obviously, he had a screw loose, because her father was dead. She gave Bam a hard look, she didn't know what was going on, but Willow would find out.

Bam had to chuckle at the girl's behavior. It was apparent where she got it from. Her defiance towards her mother, the look she was throwing his way, came from him. His infamous personality was in this little girl. Bam could tell she didn't get anything but those big brown eyes from her mother. From just one drunken night with Fawn Myers, Bam could tell that she was much more reserved, quiet, cold even. Now, the little blonde who had opened the door, Bam saw Fawn all over her. But not Willow, not his daughter. She was much too like her hard strong, thrill seeking father.

Even their features were the same, the dark hair, slender features, right down to her clothing. Based on the yellow and blue sun dress the other little girl was wearing, Willow dressed herself. She was dressed down in ratty jeans with holes (most likely from falling), displaying her knobbly knees, which clung to her tiny frame. Her chucks were falling apart from the seam, and caked in mud, and the over sized black t-shirt fell off her shoulders. Bam glanced over at the frantic mother, who was trying to usher her struggling daughter back into the apartment, while the wide eyed blonde just stared at him.

"Fawn! Stop it. She has the right to know." Bam hissed, watching Willow twisted out of her mothers bony grip.

"Just get in the house!" Fawn finally snapped. The old woman down the hallway had stuck her wrinkled face out the door, watching them.

Willow was the first one back inside, followed by her mother, and then Bam. Maple clung to the wooden spoon her mother handed to her. Unlike her younger sister, she understood every word. Fawn crumbled down into a chair, her hands covering her face, and broke into a loud chorus of sobs. Maple rushed to her side, letting the wooden spoon clank down onto the tiled floor.

"He's your father." She managed to choke out. Willow glanced at the happy picture of her mother, and who she thought to be her father, and then back to the man who stood in front of her. And everything clicked in her mind.

"How?" It was Maple's voice that rung out.

"She was born after your father died." Fawn couldn't and wouldn't explain anymore. They were still little girls, and there was no reason to even explain what happened that night. "That's all we're saying about it." She gave Bam a hard look. He wasn't going to open his big mouth about it.

Willow couldn't take her eyes off of the man in front of her, her father, who only stood a couple steps away. She closed the gap in between them, not noticing the almost euphoric look on his face, or the distraught one of her mother. Willow touched the palm of his hand, grasped it, and beamed up at him. "I don't know your name." She suddenly frowned, but didn't release her father's hand.

"Bam Margera." He grinned, before bending down to her level. "But Dad will do." A wicked grin crossed his face, tightening his grip on his daughter's little hand. Although he hadn't changed much in the last decade, he always had a soft spot for little girls. He always dreamed of having a daughter.

"Willow Margera." She confirmed her new identity out loud, which satisfied her, but sent her mother into another round of loud tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, update. Sorry it took so long. Busy, busy, busy. Things will pick up in the next chapter. And in case you were wondering, the picture is of Willow's sister, Maple. Comments?