Glitter Coast

Chapter 1 - A New Beginning

Lucia panted, her heart pounding out of her chest.
Why were they here? What was their purpose? She needed to know the answers, but first, she needed to find her family.
Screams surrounded her as she ran, further and further into the village, trying her best to duck behind bushes and trees to avoid being seen. She could see villagers being tortured all around her, her friends, being tortured right in front of her eyes by vicious bandits. Tears began to fall down her face, and she had to cover her mouth to stop herself from screaming. She closed her eyes and forced herself to run faster, getting closer and closer. She needed to find her house, find her family, and she needed to get them to safety.

She turned a corner, and was only a few feet away from her front door. The roof lit up the night sky, it's burning thatching flickering in the wind. Unbelievable heat swamped Lucia as she got closer. Her heart stopped. Aside from the crackling of the fire, she heard no sound coming from the house. The screams of her villagers had died down slightly in the background, their cries for help becoming muffled calls that she was not able to make out.

She took another step forward. Still no sound.
♠ ♠ ♠
Completely unfinished! I'm sure there's probably a few errors here and there, but it's a work in progress. I thought I'd give you a taster of the story anyway :)