Melrose Drama

Batman?

Chapter 2

As the car drove up to the front of Melrose High, they just sat in the car for a minute, Tibby saw her other best friend Sarah sitting under the step at the side of the building. “Sarah? What is she doing now” Tibby said pointing to the little girl dressed in black under the steps to the back entrance of the school. “Probably playing with batman” Dannie replied. “Batman?” Nathan asked “Oh it’s just her pet bat…I know… it’s weird and she’s technically is not allowed it at school, but they gave up telling her not to bring it, so the principal made her install a cage for it in her locker when she’s in class,” Dannie explained. “I see” Nathan replied just looking at Tibby, Tibby shrugged “Oh well”. She swung the car door open and stepped out of the vehicle.

After they were all out of the car, Dannie ran over to where she saw Sarah sitting, while Tibby and Nathan slowly made their way to the darkness under the stairs. “Sarah!” Dannie shouted “Dannie!” Sarah exclaimed hugging her, and then she made her way over to Tibby to also hug her.

Sarah is a very unique individual; some would say she’s psychotic. Being different doesn’t always make people like you, especially in a society that shuns originality, So as you may have guessed Sarah and all her friends were not exactly appreciated. Sarah usually dresses in all black, just like Dannie. But she has a black sweater that has bat wings that connect to her arms that she wears almost every day. Sarah has shoulder length blood red hair with black streaks in it. She has extremely pale skin and brown almost black eyes with amber specks in them, which stand out, because of all the black clothing. Sarah has a multitude of piercing’s and tattoo’s. She’s also not the type of person to care what other’s think, thus the reason she has a bat at school.

“Where’s Coal?” Tibby asked Sarah. “Oh he’s not here yet, I’m just waiting for him, were going to skip gym, to go on a little date, because I feel that we deserve a little time together, just us. It really has nothing to do with the fact that I hate gym, honestly” Sarah said just staring at them waiting for a reaction. There was silence. “Anyway, we should probably go to class” Tibby said looking up at Nathan who was holding her in his arms. “Bye” Dannie said. Tibby and Nathan left and Dannie a Sarah were left sitting under the steps waiting for Coal.

“Where’s Batman?” Dannie asked “Right here” Sarah replied pulling a small bat out of a pocket on one of the batwings on her sweater. “Nice” Dannie said chuckling at Sarah, and the fact that she has a bat living in her pocket.

Then they suddenly heard a crash. They looked over to see Coal on the ground, with his books everywhere and the garbage can on top of him with garbage everywhere around him.

Sarah ran over “Coal!” she shouted Dannie following her. Sarah helped him up. “Hey Sarah” he said straitening his clothes and fixing his long blue hair. “How did you mange to do this?” Dannie asked. “Um… I saw Sarah and I was really happy, so I wasn’t paying attention and accidentally ran into the garbage,” He replied looking down and blushing. “Aw, your so sweet” Sarah said reaching her arms around him, and holding him so close that she could feel the heat of his body on her’s. He grabbed her chin, pulled her up and gently kissed her. Sarah felt just amazing whenever she was with him; he liked her for her weirdness, which made them perfect for each other.

While they stood there kissing each other Dannie just sighed “get a room” she whispered to herself while rolling her eyes. Dannie left the two love birds, and ran to her first period class.

* * *
Tibby and Nathan slowly made their way past the crowd of people into one of the school’s many hallways, lined with an infinite amount of lockers. They arrived at Tibby’s locker, number 178, a beat up old thing with gum placed on the top of it. She opened her locker and grabbed her supplies. “Hey, I didn’t know you had these pictures printed?” he said while grabbing a photo of him and Tibby at the lake from her locker door. “Oh… Ya I have a copy for you at home, did you want it? I think it’s a really good picture of us together.” Tibby replied “It is…I don’t look like a doof” He answered. Tibby chuckled “You never do” She said leaning close to him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close; she placed her head on his shoulder, and whispered “I love you”. He pulled her away, gently pushed her hair out of her face, looked her in the eye, and said “ After we finish high school, come with me, we’ll live together, and I promise you that one day I’ll marry you” He said very serious “ So I take it that means I love you too in Nathanian” she replied. He just blushed. “Of course I’ll live with you and marry you,” She said breaking the silence.

As they stood there holding each other by Tibby’s locker, a group of people walked by silently staring at them, until a girl named Laura broke it. “Look at the freaks making out!” she pointed shouting loud enough for everyone in a 10 mile radius to hear. “Jealous Laura?” Tibby asked staring at her intently, while Laura just stared back. Then the bell suddenly went off. “Bye” Tibby said to Nathan, trying to ignore the one person in which she truly hated. She disliked many people but she absolutely despised Laura, it’s only because Laura has a secret crush on Nathan, and Tibby won’t let her dirty little paws touch him.

Nathan just stood there for a minute, as he watched her head to class, and then he headed to class.

* * *
“So whatcha wanna do?” Sarah said rocking back and forth on her heels with her arms crosses looking at Coal with Batman sitting on her shoulder. Coal shrugged and sat there thinking for a minute “Oh! I know”. He jumped up. Then there was silence. “Well…what?” Sarah asked. “We could make balloons out of condoms and surprise everyone by throwing a condom party” He said looking quite enthusiastic about his plan. Sarah just looked at him for a minute, blinked. “I was hoping we could do something a bit more…um what’s the word? Romantic?”
Coal just sat there with his thinking kind of look on.

Coal isn’t the most intelligent person you could meet but he’s definitely memorable. He has long hair that he died blue, he’s about 6” tall, and he has blue eyes. He has a multitude of piercing’s and tattoo’s just like Sarah, and he dresses emo with a gothic touch.

“We could go to the beach?” Coal finally answered. “Yes!” Sarah replied jumping up in excitement reaching her right arm up to the sky like a super hero. “Okay you go get your bathing suit, I’ll get mine, and we’ll meet up at the beach, is that okay?” Coal asked. “For sure, I can’t wait yay! Beach!” Sarah answered. So the two of them separated and went to get the things they needed.