Melrose Drama

The beach

Chapter 3

As the calm lake water at the beach slowly hit the shore, and then slowly receded back, with the sun reflecting onto the water, and the warm sand on the ground, Sarah couldn’t help but feel completely care free, although she hated the burning rays of the sun, today it didn’t seem to bother her as much.

She managed to gather the things she needed and be at the beach before Coal. As she stepped out of the change room bear feet in the sand, wearing her black bikini with red stars on it, and her hair messily thrown into a ponytail. Sarah let out a big sigh, stretched her arms, and went to find a spot on the rather abandoned beach, with a total of maybe five people.

Once she found a spot she opened her black umbrella and forcefully shoved it into the sand, laid out her extremely large black towel underneath, the clumsily plumped down onto it with Batman hanging upside down attached to the umbrella.

Not soon after Coal showed up. “Hey Sarah!” He shouted while running over to her umbrella fort. Sarah turned to look and saw Coal trip on the towel he was dragging and fall face first into the sand. She ran over to him” You’re a klutz” she said jokingly. “Ah whatever “she said brushing the sand off his multi coloured swim shorts. “Race you to the water “Sarah shouted already running toward the water. “Hey no fair “Coal replied chasing her. When he finally caught up to her they were already knee deep in the water, he tackled her and they both fell. “Ah! “ Sarah shouted surfacing, “Sorry went a bit overboard” Coal said flipping his hair back out of his face. “It’s okay but you can pay be back by a kiss” Sarah said smirking. Without even another second passing he had picked her up above himself, slowly lowered her to the right height and kissed her. “Okay I forgive you!” she said squeezing him tightly. “ we should call Tibby, Dannie, and Nathan, and tell them to get their asses over here” Coal said looking at Sarah.” well my phone is on shore” she replied “ well what are we waiting for” he answered already headed to shore.

* * *

Tibby sat bored out her mind staring at the teacher ramble on about something that Tibby would never remember, she glanced at the clock, then the bell suddenly rang, Tibby quickly grabbed all of her stuff and ran to her locker to meet up with Nathan. While she was running down the crowded hallway her cell phone rang. “Hello” she answered after clumsily opening the phone. “Tibbs! Get you your fat ass over here!” Shouted Sarah on the other line. “Well, I kinda have class” she replied still making her way to her locker. “We’re at the beach, Round up Dannie and Nathan and come!” She said rather persistent. Tibby sighed “fine, but if I fail you owe me!” she said then hung up the phone.

When Tibby reached her locker she saw Dannie carelessly leaning on it, and Nathan anxiously waiting beside her. “We’re going to the beach” Tibby said as soon as she reached them without even saying hello. “Okay” Dannie said looking like she didn’t really give a shit. They all grabbed their stuff and ditched school for the rest of the day.

* * *

Sarah sat on her towel curled up with Coal waiting for their friends to show up. “Hey Coal, Coally Coally Coal,” Sarah said teasingly. “What do you want now?” Coal replied laughing. “Um well…I might want a green tea ice cream cone” She said smiling with her little puppy dog eyes. “Fine” he said jumping up.

As the waited in line to the Ice cream booth they noticed a very strange girl staring at them. “Hey whatcha looking at!” Sarah shouted hissing at her, thinking that she was staring at Coal. “Sorry I didn’t mean to stare it’s just that, I was wondering where you got you hair cut” The girl said looking at the ground. “Oh…” Sarah said perking up, “I got it cut at Stylz, do you like it?” Sarah asked ripping her ponytail out of her hair and swooshing it all around. The girl just stared as Sarah stood there flipping her hair. “Anyway… I’m Alexandra” The girl said with her hand out. “I’m Coal and this is my girlfriend Sarah” He said trying to stop Sarah from flipping her hair.

When Sarah finally got a hold of herself, she looked at Alexandra. She was about 5”4; she had short blonde hair, with pink and blue streaks in amongst it. She had purple eyes that you can tell are really coloured contacts, she was wearing a rainbow bathing suit with bright green flip flops.

“Why are you at the beach alone?” Cole asked assuming she was alone. “I dunno…bored I guess.” Alexandra said shrugging. “You should come hang out with us and our friends” Sarah suggested. “Really? Sure if you’re all fine with it.” Alexandra replied rather excited. “Ya totally,” Coal replied.

When they all bought their ice cream they headed back to their spot on the beach to see Dannie, Tibby, and Nathan sitting on the towel. “Hey you guys!” Tibby shouted running up to Sarah and hugging her. Sarah pulled away and looked at Tibby “I love your bathing suit!” She said looking at Tibby’s Zebra stripped bikini. Tibby laughed, and they all sat on the towel.

“This is Alexandra” Sarah said showing her to everyone. “And this is Dannie, Tibby, and Nathan” Sarah said pointing to all of them. “Hi, you can call me Alex” She said waving. Everyone said hi in return.

“I brought lunch” Dannie exclaimed “What did you bring?” Nathan asked “Sushi!” Dannie said smiling rather creepily “and hot sauce!” she added. “Oh joy!” Tibby replied sarcastically. Tibby hated sushi, and anything that came out of the water, well besides water. “Yummy!” Sarah said her eye twitching crazily. “Why don’t we swim and eat later” Tibby suggested. Only 2 seconds later everyone was in the water.

It was nearing 7:00 and the sun was setting the light sparkled off the water like fireflies. The water was calm and smooth, and no one was at the beach any more except Tibby and her friends. They all lay in the water floating and talking. “Hey we all have to stay friends forever okay?” Tibby said “I’m sure we will, considering without each other we’d have nobody” Dannie exclaimed. “We should move in together for university” Sarah added. “Six people! In one apartment! Are you nuts?” Tibby asked “No like three people per apartment, we’ll just rent rooms beside each other” “That would be pretty damn cool” Nathan said “No body would ever be able to kick us down while were together” Sarah added. “Friends forever” Tibby Shouted, splashing water around, and the rest followed.