Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

Emily

Emily
Two Months Later


I paced. Me and the band-- "Jessi"-- are going out tonight, I guess to another gig. Damn, in the last two months I've lied more than a fucking politician! Ryan's on the phone, pouring over how pretty his three and a half week girlfriend is; this skank named Amanda.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked me.

"Yeah I'm waiting for Jess to call," I said quickly. Damn all the lies. Damn them all! I walked to my room, grabbing my phone. Right then it rang. I hurriedly opened it.

"Hi! About fucking time Trav!"

"Shut up Munchkin! It's your boy-toy's fault!"

"Shut the hell up Travis! I'm not a fucking boy-toy!" Sonny yelled. I laughed with Travis, he sounded like he was in the bathroom.

"Your boyfriend is getting ready, he's doing his make up and hair... he got it cut for you!"

"Oh my god he did! Oh! I can't wait to see it," I said happily. We were silent for a moment, then Matt's voice came on,

"Yes, he gussied up just for you! He looks so nice...." he teased, faking a lisp. I was on speaker now I suppose.

"Oh Matt, you know I love you more! Mwah!"

"Matt you asshole! That's my baby girl!" Sonny defended... aww! So sweet.

"Alright baby, I was joking. I love you all... Sonny's just got... certian... privilages," I giggled. All the guys went 'Yuck!' but Sonny said,

"And you're all jealous!... I'll see you in fifteen okay?"

"Bye baby... I miss you. So step on it, 'kay?" I whined in a baby voice. He giggled and promised. I closed my phone, smiling like a maniac. I waited for like, ten minutes and I heard the beep from the street. I grabbed my bag, and ran out of the apartment. Kissing Ryan goodbye I flew down to see Sonny's new haircut. The deep blue convertible parked and running outside, Sonny sitting in front. I ran to it, gasping in surprise.

"Oh! I love it! Oh Sonny! I love it! And you did it for me? Oh you're so sweet!" I jumped into his lap, kissing him lightly. It laid flat across his face diagonally, covering one of his eyes and spiking up untidily in the back. I brushed it out of his perfect brown eyes, bringing his face forward in his to-die-for metallic kiss. We were making out in the front seat when Matt tapped us on the shoulder.

"Not in my car kiddies," he joked, smiling. He pecked me one last time on the lips, and I rested my head on his shoulder, singing softly in his ear. When we reached out destination, we hopped out, grabbing guitars and hands as we walked through the stage door. The House Of Blues is a great bar, but it's overrun with wanna-be's, posers and teenies. I moved the curtain a little and looked over the crowd as two massively tattooed arms picked me up.

"Ahh! Travis! Put me down dammit! Ah... ha! Ha! Ha! Stop, that tickles!" He set me down on the stage floor, tickling me to tears. Sonny played Hercules and scooped me up, saving me from Travis's tickle attack. I kissed his cheek, and went off backstage and into the crowd to watch my best friends play.

"Kill the lights!" as the main lights shut off, the strobe light picked up with the beat. They played four songs, and Jon giving me the signal for one last song, I just stood and listened to conversations around me.

"Sonny is so hot! I would date him in a heartbeat!"

"No way! Travis is much cuter!" I rolled my eyes. Travis and Sonny are taken. And Matt... I can't really tell cause there's this chick he's been disappearing with and I have know idea what's going on between them. But we'll just say he's taken too. Derek and Jon are so ignored. Both of them are attractive, smart and humorous. Nobody looks behind looks these days.

"Alright people, we have one more for you! I wrote this for a special someone... I hold very dear." Sonny nearly whispered into the microphone, silencing the crowd. Matt was handed an acoustic guitar and Sonny grabbed on too. I was confused; what's going on? Since when did they make an acoustic song? The two men began to strum a brief intro, and Sonny began to sing.

"Smiles and her laughter,
Its the only thing that I've been waiting for, a time,
Regardless of our distance and our hope... grows greater,
Trapped by pretty eyes and letters for all time;
The only thing that I've been waiting for.

I hope it's something worth the waiting,
'Cause it's the only time that I ever feel real.
Thunderstorms could never stop me,
'Cause there's no one in the world like Emily." It brought tears to my eyes, as he played his guitar I slowly pushed my way to the front. People gradually took out lighters and cell phones, holding them in the air and swaying in to the slow pace.

"She's simple yet confusing,
Her sparkling eyes make me weak at my words, they tremble,
Days seem like years in this month of December,
The winter coldens me for I have yet to sleep,
And never will I give up trying because you're everything to me.

I hope it's something worth the waiting,
It's the only time that I ever feel real.
Thunder storms could never stop me
'Cause there's no one in the world like Emily.
There's no one in the world like Emily!" he finished, smiling. I could see a single tear move down his cheek. I was crying like faucets were running under my eyes when he finished. I clambered over the barrier, and onto the stage, still crying. Sonny was crying a little too, now. He held me close, close enough that I could feel his heart beat though his chest.

"I love you, Sonny," I whispered.

"I love you too, Emily," he said back, kissing me.