Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

Three Days Yesterday...

I laid face down on her pillow. It still smelled of her; so sweet.... The smell brought back all those good memories that I have tried to push away....

[i'Emily sat on my hips, drawing smoke-like figures on my chest. Pressing herself close to my body, she attacked my neck softly; teasingly. I moaned aloud, unable to stop her for she had pinned my arms over my head. Her one other hand wound up behind her... playing with my tip. She giggled maliciously, and let my hands go, she sat up after doing so. I rested my hands on her hips, her hands were still busy behind her. Her toying made it harder to contain myself, but I managed. She smiled and kissed my lips, laying down on my left....'

A single hot tear slipped from my eye, followed in suit by a whole army's worth. The memories were bliss, but without her here... they brought on the worst heartache imaginable. I remained still, as it slowly began to get harder to breathe.

'"Sonny!" she yelled. "Emmy!" I yelled back.

"I missed you. How was it?"

"Great! But I'll never let a fangirl hug me again!" I rubbed my arm.

"Aw! Did the teenie try to make your eyes pop out?"

"Yesh... kiss me, make it better?" I pouted, she smiled and planted her soft lips on mine. We were both smiling, which made it feel funny. We both began to laugh, she shook her head and rubbed her bottom lip.

"That tickled!" she squealed. I laughed as she tried to get the tingling sensation out of her lip. I tackled her, she clung to my arms, pecking me on the cheek. I jumped off, dancing poorly around in circles singing, 'She kissed me! She kissed me!' like an idiot. She doubled over in laughter, holding her stomach as she fell to her knees....'


A picture of her laughing flashed behind my eyes, followed by a picture of her lying in the hospital room, the wires and machines hooked into her. I could hardly breathe half way normal now. I partially wanted to sit up... but a part of me wanted to stay there until I stopped entirely. A wave of more tears came over me, the pillow was soaked. I heard the door open, and I felt someone sit beside me. A hand pulled me from the pillow, flipping me onto my back. It was Travis. I stared blankly at the ceiling, it had become suddenly very interesting....

"Hey buddy. I got a call from the hospital," I tore myself from the ceiling spectacle to stare at my friend with bloodshot eyes.

"Emily's awake," my eyes widened, he nodded and told me to get ready. I threw on a pair of jeans and shoes, walking to the car quickly.

The other guys were out. They all had been moping about the house like ghosts trapped there forever. They needed to get out. I refused to go... and Travis opted to stay behind to keep me company. He was there to make sure I didn't shoot myself, really. I wouldn't do that. Not unless that heart monitor line went flat... but I won't do it. She's alive and awake. We were at the hospital soon, I bolted for the reception desk. The brunette woman looked up from her magazine, and spoke slowly.

"Can I help you sir?"

"Emily... Emily Smith... what room?!"

"Room one hundred fifty-six, third floor. Are you family?"

"I'm her boyfriend!" I said angrily. She gave me a dirty look.

"Can't see her unless you're-- sir come back here!" I rolled my eyes as I ran for the stairs. I was already at the top of the first flight when she called for security. I really wasn't worried about those lugs. I mean... come on! A bunch of burly, muscular men are actually going to catch a little, scrawny fifteen year old! Thinking of the chances, I found I was on the fourth floor. Swearing, I ran down a flight, looking down and seeing the security officers panting. I laughed and ran for her room.

I counted mentally until I found her room. She sat cross legged on the hospital bed, leafing through a thick black book. She looked up to see me, and a smile spread across her face like a disease. Contagious as it was, I smiled just as wide. I ran over to her side and she jumped off of the bed, standing suspended in time... she pressed her soft pink lips to mine.

My arms wrapped instinctively around her waste, hers around my neck. I slipped my tongue into her mouth, but was only short lived... security came in.

"Ma'am? Do you know this boy?" one huge man asked. I rolled my eyes, giving her a sarcastic look.

"Know him? Yes! I love him!" she said, hugging me tighter. I gave them an 'I fucking told you!' look and continued hugging my girlfriend.

I mean if I wasn't in a fucking hurry I would have sat down and told them I had just only found out she was even half alive. Because last time I checked in on her, I was told she was probably going to die! Hypothermia can do that you, you stupid assholes! The security guards walked out, mumbling angrily.

"I missed you Sonny, they said I wouldn't make it. But I wanted to see you again... I wanted to be in your arms one last time... I wanted to know you loved me before I died...." she said into my chest.

"I love you... I love you, I love you, I love you. More than words could ever say." She began to sing into my shirt, a My Chemical Romance song...

"I wouldn't front the scene if you paid me.
I'm just the way that the doctor made me...
Love is the red of the rose on your coffin door...
What's life like bleeding on the floor, the floor, the floor...?"

"Those doctors didn't make you the kind, loving person I've fallen in love with Emily... those doctors doubted you would live. I was terrified and ready to up and shoot myself if I had lost you--"

"This is all my fault. If I hadn't have told Ryan I was seeing you... I would have never ran away... I wouldn't have hurt you. Sonny I'm so sorry!" she finished quickly, looking up at me. I stopped her with a kiss. Pulling away, I whispered to her;

"I don't care who's fault it is... I've still got you here with me now... and I love you so much," I heard the door open again, we both looked up, still in an embrace. Travis stepped through, closing the door.

"Nice rabble rousing down there Sonny! You've got everyone buzzing from this floor down!" Emily laughed and looked up at me again. I let her go, I knew she wanted to give Travis a hug too.

She hugged the tooth pick that was Travis, a nurse came in, looking at me disapprovingly and spoke with Emily privately. Emily walked over and told us she's able to go home. I smiled and kissed her forehead and told her to get dressed so we could get her discharged. Once out of the dreadful place, my beautiful girlfriend holding my hand, Travis sat up front to drive, and I sat in the back with Emily, and fell asleep with her snuggled into my arms.