Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

Please, Just Pay Me A Visit...

She woke up, and was breathing normally again. Emily had been having nightmares I guessed by the irregular way she was breathing; uneven and sometimes in short gasps.

"Are you okay dear?" I whispered.

"Yeah, why?" she stretched.

"Nothing... are you hungry?"

"No, I just want to see my big brother... and you."

"I'm here for you Emmy." I hugged her tightly. She took a deep breath, and asked for my phone. Sitting up on the side of the bed, she dialed quickly, knowing the number by heart. I could never do that... I'm too forgetful.

"Ryan? Yeah it's me."

"I know... I miss you too." she sighed.

"No. I'm fine. I'm just a little more resentful...." she had acid added to her tone.

"I'll stop by after dinner tonight. And I'm bringing Sonny and Travis... bye." she shut the phone, and sighed heavily, falling backwards into my lap, but only her head.

"What'd he say?" I couldn't help it.

"He wanted to know if I was okay... and that if we'd had sex for some reason." I loved how she used the word 'sex' so lightly, as if it were an everyday topic... which it kinda is....

"Well, I know that he's your brother and all, but that's a tiny bit personal. Don't 'cha think?" I cocked my head to side as I looked down at her, she stared absently at the ceiling, still.

"Extremely! He's never been nosy, but I guess the time alone has made him paranoid. Plus you went and got tested for AIDS and stuff, last year."

"And you know that... how?" 'I never told her that!'

"I'm a die-hard fan, Hun. I know shit about you, that most fans don't."

"Like what?" I was curious.

"You went to get tested for AIDS, all of the known STD's. Last summer, while not on tour, you got a prostate exam. Last fall, not too long before you met me, you and your "girlfriend" broke up, hailing the song "Populace In Two". And That you're bisexual and adopted."

"Whoa... what? Adopted? What are you talking about?"

"Oh baby, I knew you didn't know! She owes me five bucks...." her voice trailed off.

"How did you find out all that stuff in the first place... especially the prostate thing!" she giggled, I was worried!

"Tabloid magazines don't quench a girl's thirst for info on her favorite star. I've had to lie, cheat and charm my way in and out of shit to get to you... no thanks to Ryan until my birthday. I would have to say I am indeed your biggest and most obsessed fan."

"I would think so too. You actually fought to get to know me?" I thought that was a bit creepy and interesting... in a weird way.

"I was in love with you. You were my anti-drug." I leaned down to kiss her. I smiled.

"I'm glad that you loved me before I knew you breathed."

"You knew. Does this jog your memory?" she stood up, and took two steps and a beep breath.

"Thank y-y-you Mr. Moore...." And she fell to the floor, realistically too! Then it clicked. She went to one of the local shows! And I had said she had a nice shirt, it was Simon and Garfunkel, I love them. She fainted, and Matt had nearly wet himself laughing. I slapped him and called security, after of course I signed the picture of the band. I got the rest of them too, but Matt was still laughing. I had slapped him again. I was having a bad day, and she sorta brightened it.

"You have to do that for Matt. He laughed at you when you fell."

"Mean bastard. I think I will! It'll give me a reason to slap him! For some reason, I've always wanted to slap him. He's always been so cute...." I faked shock.

"Aw! Sonny Bunny's getting jealous?" She crawled onto the bed and was on her hands and knees in front of me.

"Maybe a wittle...." I used a baby tone. She smiled, kissing me.

"No need. I'd rather have you than him, anyway... he's like my big brother now!"

"That would be so weird! That's like... you fucking Ryan... ew!" She play slapped me. I laughed, kissing her. I heard a knock on the door and Derek's head popped through.

"Emmy, Ace, dinner's here." he left, we looked at each other.

"Here?" we said simultaneously.

Walking out into the living room, I saw two big pizza boxes. and half of one was gone. I gave them a disapproving look and a smile. Emily was no longer at my side and was seated on the floor next to Jon with a pepperoni pizza slice on her mouth. She looked at me and shrugged, rolling her eyes a little. After a while, both were gone and everyone was engaged in a burping contest. Matt ended up winning, but Emily and Travis weren't far behind at all. She can really burp! Ha ha... my girlfriend I swear... and this is where the awkward statement came up.

"Hey guys, I gotta go see Ryan tonight." they all stared at her. Travis looked worried.

"I am. No changing it. Travy, if you would like to accompany me, you may. Me and Ace are going in a few... so I gotta get dressed." She got up and walked down the hall. Their eyes followed her.

"For someone who can calm a ravenous shark, and one of Sonny's fits -- "

"Hey!"

"She's pretty straightforward!" Matt said. I was pouting, I do not have many fits anymore! Sheesh... and all I did was break a window... he'll never let me live it down! She came out fully clothed in a skirt and leggings, and one of my tight shirts. She was beautiful, my tragic lover... and gorgeous all the same. Trav jumped up and grabbed his jacket. The others sat in silence, worried. The density of the air was thick enough to break a knife, chainsaw, and lightsaber... at the same time.

Once in the car, everything just became even more awkward. Travis was driving... and I was singing a song in my head, and Emmy was staring out the window, again, absently. I hope that Ryan doesn't blow up... again.

"We're here guys. Em, are you sure you want to do this tonight?"

"Damn sure. I just want to know what they hell he hates my boyfriend so damn much... " she hissed, meaning us no harm, but we were a little intimidated. We all got out and got up to the second floor apartment, knocking three times. A shuffling from inside proved he wasn't in hiding, and he opened the door.

"Hey guys... come on in." stepping aside, he let us through, Emily last. She was glaring at him, but I knew she missed him.

"Seems as though you can keep the mess down to a minimum... that's always a good thing!" I think that it came out a little more coldly than she wanted. He was staring at his feet. Honestly, it looked like he was a three-year-old who just got yelled at for spilling red juice on the carpet... trust me I've been there! Emily walked over to the kitchen table and sat down, Ryan, myself and Travis following.

"Ryan, I've been through so much over my life time, and you've recently changed most of it, but I hope you realize that if you hadn't blown up in my face, I would still be living in your back room." he nodded sullenly.

"I just want to know why you hate Sonny so much. I love him, and you just wouldn't listen... I've wanted to call you, and explain that... but the resentment was just too strong to even look at the phone with your face in my thoughts. And I'll tell you what it hurts like all holy hell to resist that!" she was extremely rough about this. No mercy in sight... yet, but I know it's coming. Now it's Ryan's time to speak.

"I don't hate him. He's like my little brother... and same for the rest of the guys, all of them are like my brothers, friends that I never got the chance to meet. I was worried, because before, I don't know if this is still a problem, but Sonny would have these temper tantrums, like a autistic kid, and I didn't want you to get hurt! I mean physically, and mentally, like with Mom and Dad -- "

"Mom and Dad? You compare him the them?! You're sick!" she yelled. I was trying to take it in, and most of it was comprehensible... the rest was blurry and a mess.

"Let me finish, please. I thought, taking all the parties and stuff into account, that you would get hurt... and mixed in with the wrong crowd... I just wanted you to be safe...."

"Ryan... I know that you love me, and you want the best for me. But if you keep a hold on me like this, on a short leash if you will, I'm just gonna do what I want anyway. Why do you think I never came home that day, before all this... that day I met Jessi? Because if people knew I was dating her, especially dad, I'd end up dead... literally. And you were the only one that knew where I was, and who I was with the whole time!" This shocked me. She was bi too? This is getting more and ore interesting by the second.

"I'm sorry Emily! I never meant to hurt you! I know that you love Sonny more than life, and the guys love you too. You're like their little sister. And I'll tell you what... Derek has never been so cheery and bright up until he met you. I know you're safe with them, but I miss seeing you... and seeing you on the news isn't a good thing either! I honestly don't care if you live with the band, but please pay me a visit...It's just so lonely here... and Mandy's been long gone... and I hate her now. I just want to see you more... I love you... you're my sister, and I care about you!" Emily had tears in her eyes, and Travis was smiling, I was smiling too. They both got up and hugged. They both were crying like mad, and I was tearing up myself. She looked over in my direction.

"Oh, baby what's the matter?"

"This is the best soap opera I've ever seen!" I laughed. She slapped me and kissed me on the cheek. Ryan smiled, I guess the time alone changed him, knowing that it was partially his fault this all happened in the first place.

Emily grabbed a few things from her room, which I saw for the first time. I was surprised how many magazine pages and posters of us and me that she had. I don't even think that I could see the paint without lifting the corners of posters! She grabbed her mp3 and her CD case, and a few clothing Items, some of which were undergarments, but I'll keep that sight to myself... for now. And I'll admit, for someone who hates preps and such, she's got a lot of Victoria Secret-type things... ahem... yeah... that's not coming out of my mouth for a bit. Heh heh...

"Come on baby. Lets go home." We opened the door and Travis poked his head through the door, looked around and then down at Emmy.

"I was curious. You seem like a big fan. And I sure as hell was right!" he chuckled heartily. We all said goodbye to Ryan, and he really did look happier, knowing his sister loved him again, and he was in good terms with all of us...well, Travy and the others of course. Heh heh! I snuggled in the backseat with Emily, and we kissed a few times. But mostly cuddled. When we got home, everyone was passed out on the couch, recliner and floor. And we just went straight to bed.

"Sonny-Bunny?"

"Yes baby girl?"

"Thank you for being there. Did you really have temper tantrums before I was in the picture?"

"Yeah... but for some reason, I'm more in control of my anger with you. Thank you." We climbed into bed together, and she snuggled herself into my arms. I had my eyes closed by now.

"Your welcome. And that's one fact about you, I never found out...." she yawned, I smiled.

I love you Emily... there truly is no one in the world quite like you... not one. And at that I fell victim to sleep.