Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

The Last Sunset We'll Ever Cherish

Two Weeks Later

I waltzed around, happy as can be. I had cleaned the house, did the laundry, the dishes, everything. I even cleaned all the guys' rooms! I've been so happy lately, I have no negative feelings whatsoever. Sonny and the guys had gone to a party, and I opted to stay home so I wouldn't hinder them. Plus, the house was filthy. I danced around to an unheard beat, ballroom dancing was a lot easier than how they make it look... and lessons just made it easier! I sat down and watched TV for a bit. But my thoughts were elsewhere.

I recalled the last date Sonny took me out on. We went to this really fancy restaurant, and then he took me to the place where we first kissed, just to watch the sunset. He turned to me, those love-filled eyes taking me from this mortal world to a place where out love could blossom freely... I still remember it so clearly....

"That was wonderful! So romantic, so innocent and sweet! You really know the way to a girl's heart don't you?" I giggled dreamily. It felt so much like a sappy romance film it was beautiful in my eyes.

"Well, your heart in anyway." he laughed back, taking both my hands in his. That dreamy look in his eye made me melt inside. I longed to be in his arms, even if just for a moment, it would have satisfied me for a lifetime. It's almost as if, it were like before we met... when I would stare at his picture for hours on end, just wishing to be his. And here I am, hands in his... Sonny Moore was actually in love with me! I truly am, the luckiest girl alive.

"Emily. We've been together for what seems like forever in my eyes, but is in reality, only about five months." I giggled, the sunset's light making him glow so brightly, and his eyes caught the light so beautifully.

"And, you have no idea how much longer I want this to last. I swear, on my only life, that I'll dedicate it to you, and only you. Emily, " I had tears in my eyes.

"I swear to you, that I will marry you one day. I don't care how near or far it may be, I will. And, I want you to have this...." he pulled out a long, black velvet box from the back pocket of his tux. He opened it, and shining there on the white pillow was a locket. It was decorated with the vines of a rosebush, surrounding the words 'I Love You Emily' engraved on the front in what looked like English Vivace calligraphy. Tears welled up in my eyes, beginning a parade down my face. The night sky giving us the stars' light. The twinkling jewels in the sky were all captured in his eyes, which stared into mine. I threw myself at him wrapping my arms around his neck, crying,

"Yes! Yes! And when that day comes, I'll be ready. I'll be ready for it, Sonny." He laughed, and swung me around. A kiss followed it all, and he fastened the locket around my neck.


And I haven't taken it off yet. Nor will I ever! I'm going to marry Sonny Moore... my idol, inspiration, my life... my love! I turned off the TV, glancing at the cable box, it was about one-thirty in the morning. I yawned and decided to go to bed. Sonny could just crawl into bed with me when he gets home. I was in the kitchen, grabbing a drink before I slept, when a pair of headlights pulled into our driveway. I heard the doors open, and put on a smile to greet them. I guess I don't have to wait after all! The door opened, and Matt was being carried by Travis, Jon by Derek, and Sonny... walked free.

"Welcome back! How was the -- "

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Sonny hissed. I looked at him questioningly. What did I do?

"Sonny, are you alright?" I placed a hand on his shoulder, now that it was healed far beyond fully. He shook it off violently.

"Don't fucking touch me whore!" Whore? What did I do? Sonny...

"Whore?!" I breathed.

"Yes! Whore! I fucking said it. You're just another clingy fucking whore!" he bellowed. It struck me down harder than anything has ever before.

"What did I...?"

"Everything! Whore... yeah... you're just another good fuck is all. I don't even know why you're still here!" he slurred. He was drunk. I knew that much. But his words still stung as horribly as they would have if he were sober.

"Wh... what?" I stammered, tears falling from my eyes. I flung myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck, attempting to soothe him like I have before. The other guys just stood behind me, dumbstruck. Although Matt and Jon were wasted, they still understood what was taking place.

Sonny shook violently, pushing me away. I tried to reason with him, remind him of what he said just two nights ago. But he refused to hear any of it.

"Shut up you fucking slut!" He screamed. I was crying harder now, sobbing as his words cut me to pieces.

"Who the hell are you and what did you do with my lover? Huh? Where's the Sonny I fell in love with you bastard!" I screamed, landing a punch in his face. He roared and hit me. It felt like slow motion... all of it. From the moment his fist hit my cheek, I fell slowly to the ground. It all sped up to a frightening speed, as numerous kicks and shouts echoed around me, every words taking another piece of my heart crumbling into dust. Two men came to my rescue, dragging me away. The other two held back the writhing Sonny; the monster trying to break free from their grasp. As two pairs of hands dragged me away, I heard him scream,

"I am Sonny, bitch! Wake the fuck up!" the slow motion effect was still in play, and I watched as my whole world crashed right in front of my eyes.

It was all... gone.

Sonny

I woke up with the worst hangover I've ever had. I rolled over in place, and opened my eyes, expecting to see Emily still asleep, as usual. But she wasn't there. Well, she must be out in the living room with the guys. I thought, getting up to get decent. I walked to the bathroom, and flipping the switch, my reflection caught my eye. I had a nasty looking purple bruise on my left cheek. I touched it lightly, jerking my hand back as it throbbed and stung, like a fresh bee-sting. I did my hair quickly and dressed, walking into the living room to see that only the four band members sat, heads hanging, all except one.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"A lot." growled Derek, the only one who's head was up and staring angrily at the wall opposite him.

"Oh... hey, do you guys know what happened last night? I can't remember a damn thing and Emily -- "

"Is gone." he growled lower. The words came as a shock to me. Gone? What?

"Gone?"

"Yes asshole! Gone!"

"Yeah, you'd better be glad you can't remember all that shit you said to her!" Matt hissed, jumping up at him.

"You fucking dick head! You ruined her! She cried for six hours last night at her brother's apartment! You've cause the same amount of damage in six seconds that her parents did in thirteen years!" Jon seethed from his seat.

"What are you talking about, I would never -- "

"You're right you wouldn't. But you did. You know that alcohol triggers the worst in people, and yet you just go and down a whole bottle of Kahlua! You tore her down so damn far... I can't believe you!" Matt bellowed.

"What are you talking about?!" I screamed. I had honestly no fucking clue what they were so angry about. Travis' soft voice crept through the angry men in front of me.

"That bruise on your face, Emily did that. She said, "What the hell did you do to the Sonny I fell in love with?", and you hauled off and hit her. You knocked her to the floor... and repeatedly kicked her in the stomach. She's got cuts and bruises of her own, now she's got ones that will never heal properly, because of you." my eyes grew wide. He ran a thumb over something in his hand, he stood, walking over to me, looking angry, but more sad than that itself.

"She told me... well, all of us, to give you this, and to tell you," he paused, looking sadder than before, I was scared to hear what all he had left to say. "That it's over." Travis handed me a small silver locket and chain, the vines of a rosebush surrounding the words, 'I Love You Emily'. A tear slipped down my cheek. I looked up at Travis.

"What have I done?"