Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

The Battles I've Lost

"Stop! Stop, please! Stop Mark please!" I screamed. The pain shot throughout my body like lightning, a sensation I would much rather die than experience.

His nails grated against my cheek, slashing it open. He screamed at me and continued the fierce thrusting. I screamed once more, and a callused hand was pressed to my mouth. I continued to scream and cry as loud as I could... his hand proved to be very good at stifling my cries.

"Filthy little whore." he said getting off and out of me. I laid on the bed, half naked and sore. My throat felt as raped as the rest of me... a grating and sharp feeling spreading through my body in place of the horrible pain.

"I'll be back by five." he grunted as he left. I slowly went to a mirror, minutes after he had left. Three long claw-like cuts on my right cheek, gaping, stinging and bleeding. A smaller one was there, his pinkie fingernail I guess. I grabbed a cold rag, and dabbed at it once I added the Hydrogen Peroxide. It stung like hell, but I finally got it clean, along with the rest of me. I was lucky he didn't take a good chunk from my face, he only scraped away the skin, hardly anything else. I got dressed, hoping I could remember to get back before he did.

I left, the three cuts looking a lot less painful, but seeing and feeling are totally different things. The doorman wished me a good day as I left, I nodded a thank you, but he still had that worried and sad look in his eyes. He knew... I think. I know the receptionist won't tell Mary that I've left again.

"Oh God... where he hell are you now? Where are you when I need you?" I said, remembering that there might be one... putting a lot of weight on might. I sighed, people passed me by, ignoring the one girl that couldn't walk without limping every other step. I swear people can be blind... but I'm a coward for not telling someone about this.

"You're always the nicest person... how anyone could hurt you baby, it kills me to know that's happened to you. I won't let a single soul ever hurt you Emmy, and I think we all agree! Right guys?"

"Yeah!"
I snapped my head up, the small amount of tears rolling down my face. It was his voice... the guys... all of them. They're still in my head! The bench in the distance was saying my name, and I answered it's call, thinking, maybe the cold surface could calm some of the pain. I sat on it, looking left... then right... nothing. No one. Not even a chipmunk... squirrel... pidgeon, nothing. Why?

Who cares. I'm alone... for once. I'm all... alone. I thought. I brought my legs to my chest, despite the pain it caused me. It felt good to be alone. The silence was welcoming, and so very kind to me. One of the only things that was... counting out the doorman, that was his job. Three months... three goddamn months of non-stop pain and suffering with Mark! And we've only been together for... what, four? It's been the worst!

"I can't help it... oh God, why won't you just let him kill me already?" I cried into my knees. A small amount of drool escaped my mouth. I was reduced to this... this.

"Where did I go wrong?"