Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

A Cold Reunion

Sonny

I walked through the streets of the ever-busy city of Providence, shivering in the jacket I wore, the November winds chilling me to the bone. How the winds made it through such a maze of buildings this big was seemingly impossible, but they found a way! The people looked snobby for the most part, but a few kids that looked like me were smiling and laughing among themselves.

Well, it's better than being stuck on a tour bus all damn day... throughout the week... with the same people I love and work with... I needed a break anyway. I thought, tuning onto a deserted street. It sloped a bit down hill, so I slowed. But something caught my eye.

A girl was limping to a bench, and once she was there, she looked left, then right, afterward pulling her legs to her chest. From where I was standing, I could see her shoulders were shaking. My curiosity got the best of me, along with the softer side of my heart. Walking up to her, I placed a hand on her shoulder. She jumped, her neck tensing up, a whimper drifted up into my ears.

"Are you alright Ma'am?" I asked softly. Her head snapped up, looking at me in a wild fashion. Her eyes were wide and a soft, pale emerald green, with three long scratches across the right side of her face. It pained me to see such a beautiful girl in such a state.

"N-No... not r-really." she admitted, staring at me.

"Those cuts look really nasty, do you need a doctor?" it was getting awkward... for me at least because she reminds me of... Emily.

"No! No... I... don't have insurance." she hesitated, yelling a bit. I don't think that you need insurance to got to a hospital if you're like her in this case... or do you?

"Well, can I help you at all? Get you anything, I'm sorry if this comes as a shock. Honestly, you remind me of a friend I had a long time ago." I said truthfully. It was worth it I guess, because she said the same about me.

I remind her of someone? Cool....

I helped her up, she winced a bit as she stood up, but shook it off and walked along side me. Making small-talk attempts along the way was a bit pointless, she was quiet, and kept a good bit of distance from me, and occasionally, she'd look my way and smile a bit. Despite the cuts and bruises on her face, it was cute and pretty.

Once we got to a coffee shop, she ordered... to my surprise the exact same thing Emily always ordered when we went out to a place like this back in Georgia... French Vanilla Iced Coffee, light, with sugar. I ordered a medium hot chocolate with whipped cream rather than marshmallows... surprised that I even remembered all that. Once we sat down, she sipped at the concoction, closing her eyes slowly and sighing.

"May I please ask you name kind sir?" she said suddenly.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm Sonny."

"I thought so." she mumbled, I hardly caught it, but it came as a shock that she said that.

"You thought so?"

"My old friend' I told you about... that was his name. He looked a lot like you as well." she sounded a bit... knowing. Te scratches on her face looked slightly more vivid on her face, the fleshy red color in high contrast with her skin.

"What's your name then? Maybe my old friend has the same name." She opened her eyes, smiling sweetly over her straw, she straighten up, and her necklace caught the light. I looked at it, it was a heart-shaped locket with... Oh my God....

"Can't you guess? My name is Emily." It's Emily... I can't believe it's Emily!

"Emily! Oh my God is that...." I stopped, she was looking downward in to her lap.

"Emmy... what's wrong?" I asked, reaching across the table.

"You came back... and I'm so happy to see your face again!" she looked up at me, tears running down her face and a familiar rich forest green pair of eyes looking back at me.

"Some on, lets get out of here... people are starting to stare." she said, getting up quickly. People were staring a bit, and an old woman in a corner was smiling at us... and she looked a bit familiar.

Once were were out on the broad sidewalk, we held hand as we walked. Down the street, we passed by several more Dunkin' Donuts shops, and got to the Waterfire stage. She danced a bit on it, twirling and laughing. Together we sat there, she rested her head on my shoulder and sighed lightly, like when you know that you're happy. We were once more on the move, this time we were farther downtown. The streets had gotten crowded since the hot chocolate and coffee. People were on their ways home work as the sun turned the sky oranges and reds of all shades.

"I'm so glad that I found you again Emily." I said to her. Her thin pale fingers slipped between mine, holding them tightly. She looked into the window of a shop that had a clock that read four thirty-six. She gasped, and quickly let go of my hand.

"Oh no! I have to go... now!" she said, her eyes growing wide. She turned away, starting to run. I grabbed for her hand, clasping it tightly in my hand.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I asked, terribly confused. She flung herself at me, lips crashing into mine. Her arms wrapping around my torso. The kiss lasted for a few sweet seconds... before she tore her body from mine, running frantically flat out away from me, disappearing among the crowd.

I stood there, shocked... stunned... and dumbfoundedly blank. Suddenly, I felt something in my back pocket. Pulling it out, it was a napkin... with a hotel address and room number. She... that's my move! A smile twitched a little as I started back to my own hotel room.

About an hour later, I was walking into my room with a head hanging. I flopped onto my bed, and Matt was soon looking at me from above.

"Hey Ace, what's up? You've been gone for like, ever!" he laughed.

"I ran into a friend."

"Who? Was it that chick from that last gig... she was talking about getting into your pants."

"No...." I said. My voice quavered a bit, I could feel tears prickling behind my eyes, so I closed them.

"Sonny... what's wrong?"

"She's here Matt... I ran into Emily."

"Oh my God... are you serious?"

"She needs my help. You should have seen her face when she left. With those scratches... it's like she was fleeing for her life!" I mumbled, crying a little.

Something's wrong... and I want to know what, and now!