Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

Rescue

Travis

Sonny's been distracted all day. He's been pacing and mumbling, like he's trying to come up with a plan. I heard about him running into Emily yesterday, and I partially doubted it. But this universe has the strangest way of operating, it could've just... happened.

"Sonny, sit down man! You're going to put a rut in the floor!" I said loudly, I've been watching him pace for about two hours.

"No. I have to go do something." he said blankly, but his face was angered. He walked toward the door, grabbing a folded piece of paper from the table. Once the door was closed, Matt sprung out from behind a bed.

"Is he still angry?" I nodded. I looked over to the door, and then back into my lap, sighing. Sonny... what are you doing?

Emily

He's been sleeping... and it's been quiet. I've cleaned a little bit since he passed out. But it hasn't been painless. He beat me again... and this time my clothes were intact. He snored and jerked in his sleep. And I decided... I have to get away... I have to see Sonny! I grabbed a jacket, and slipped on a pair of old Vans, slipping through the door unheard. I was walking down the hall when I ran into someone.

"Sorry...." we both said. I looked up, and it was who I went looking for.

"Sonny! What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I had to come and see you. Those cuts have been plaguing my mind! Who did this to you?" he asked, an angry hushed tone on his breath.

"I... I can't say here. Come, I know where we can go." we walked quickly down the hall, taking the elevator. My cuts had began their healing process, and were scabbed over. But I did have a black eye, and I'm sure I have bruises on my back and left side, but I can't worry about that now.

"Emily... you have to tell me." he said as the door opened, I went to the desk and asked Mary to say that I was helping in the kitchen. She nodded with a smile. I walked on, but Sonny lagged behind. Once he caught up. We took a direct turn into an alley.

I stopped, and looked up at Sonny. This man who had helped me overcome all the shit I've been through... and the angelic figure that has been in my dreams for the last two years straight... is back. Is here... standing before me.

I pushed him up against the wall of the neighboring business, ramming my lips against his. I had fists full of his jacket and shirt, and his hands rested on the base of my neck. When I pulled away, I looked down at my hands, still holding his clothes with a vice-like grip.

"His name is Mark Locky. When I moved here, some man knocked a box of my things onto the ground. He stopped to help me... and he walked me to my hotel room. Three weeks later he asked me out on a date, and whatever it was that drove me to kiss him that night is unknown right now... he's beaten me for three and a half months, all the rape, the cuts and bruises I've received are piling up on top of one another... and I can't take it anymore." I said, squeezing my fists tighter. A tear fell from my right eye, falling onto Sonny's shirt.

"Sonny... I've tried to kill myself after the things he's done to me on a daily and weekly basis. He won't let me die, Sonny! He's keeping me captive to that hotel like a rat in a cage, that he pokes and prods at with knives and slicing at me with switchblades... just looking at him makes me cringe inside, all the crippling pain that surged through me in just one second in his presence... it's enough to make you want to gouge your eyes out on the spot Sonny!" I cried harder. He brought a finger under my chin, lifting my head to meet his eyes, which were crying as well.

"I came back to take you away from here... I want you back Emmy. And I'll kill this fucker for doing this to you... all you have to do is withstand it for less than an hour... and I'll have him out of your life in an instant." he said softly in my ear... just like I used to with him when he would be angry, or sad, or depressed.

"Thank you... oh God thank you Sonny! Please, do it soon!" I breathed, laying my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beat... it was soft and slow... like a slow and rhythmic lullaby.

"I must warn you, he has more knives then you can count and keeps a gun under his pillow." I remembered.

"Nothing's gonna happen to me, or you, I swear it."

"I trust you Sonny... I trust you...."

Sonny

I kissed her goodbye, and walked off. What the receptionist asked of me was exactly what I had intentions of doing. "Boy... please, get her away from him as soon as possible... please!"

"I am... right now!" I pulled out my cell phone and dialed emergency services.

"Yes... I would like to report a crime in progress...."

Emily

I snuck back in the room and he was still asleep. I went over to the knife drawer, where most of his torture tools were kept. I had grabbed the most used ones and carried the two hand fulls of knives... but one of them slipped from my grasp, causing a big clatter. He jolted awake, his eyes settling on me at the foot of his bed.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I-I...."

"Trying to hide them again? Or were you trying to kill me? Huh bitch? Answer me dammit!" he bellowed, jumping from bed. I dropped the knives as he approached me, my heart racing....

"Sonny... where are you?" I whispered in an undertone.

"What was that? Who's that?" he asked, smiling. He grabbed a knife from the floor, and I fell backward.

"Is that your boyfriend, huh skank? Is that your fuck buddy you fucking whore?!" I whimpered as my back met the wall...

"Please! No! Please Mark... don't do this... please!" I begged, throwing my arms in front of my face. I heard a big booming sound, then another, by the third time, the door had burst open. Men in black suits and armed with handguns came through it, and three of them had guns pointed at Mark. Sonny ran into the room, and when his eyes landed on me, I inched my way towards him before I finally got enough courage to run to him. I threw my arms around him, and nestled my head in his chest.

"You came through for me I knew I could trust you... I love you Sonny."

"I love you too, lets get you out of here." he lead me away and the cops outside the room came to my aid. I got water, a blanket and a lot of questioning. I gladly answered all of them and I saw that Sonny had brought Matt, Travis, and Derek. I was so happy to see them, and it was so great to finally be surrounded by the people I love.

Once Mark was in the cop car, another police officer confirmed that he was someone they have been looking for for a few months. It turns out he's hurt other women, and two of them are dead. Sonny was sitting on the curb, and offered me a seat in his lap. He held me like a newborn child, and sang to me as I lay there, drifting off to sleep slowly, but surely.

"Now, isn't that sweet?" said a voice, a policemen's.

"Yeah, why can't we get more cases like this? That's just adorable!" I heard policemen say.

"Aren't you glad they're back together?" Matt's voice said.

"Yeah, and even better... she's coming on tour with us!" Came Derek's happy voice.

Finally, I'm home at heart...