Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

The Moments Like Dust In The Wind

The past few days have flown by really quickly, and now, it's hard to believe that I'm on my way back home to Georgia. Sonny was telling me how he had dealt with being adopted... I had totally forgotten that I had told him that, and when he and his parents met back up... they told him. He said that it still gets him down from time to time, but he's still okay with it, now that it's settled and in the back of his head, but he still mumbles about it when he's alone. I have good ears like that.

"So, are we staying with Ry?" Derek asked.

"No." I said quickly. I was not staying with him, and I don't think Sonny was too keen on doing so himself.

"Why not -- oh yeah... I remember." I nodded at him with a know-it-all look on my face, as Sonny's head popped out from behind our bunk's curtain.

"Trav... your dog shit on the floor... again!"

"Sharron! Your fucking dog shit on the fucking carpet again! Sharron! Sharron!" Matt joked, doing a rather awesome impression of Ozzy Osborne. Travis wasn't too excited about cleaning it up, but Sonny seemed amused about it, and disgusted at the same time... as was I, minus the amused part.

That night, I curled up against the wall of the bus in me and Sonny's bunk, feeling the road beneath me, bumpy, stony... cold and unforgivingly rough. It was... awkward I guess. The small, nagging fear of returning home... it's sort of getting larger. The sudden movement coming from the other side of the bed scared me, and I could feel hot breath on the base of my neck... and a nose brushing against the middle of it.

"Hey sexy...." whispered a seductive Sonny's voice. I pushed the thought to the back of my head, and smiled, turning around to face a beautiful man.

"Hey... what's this?" I asked, half closing my eyes, which were, I bet, a deep rich emerald.

"This? I believe it's my loverly girlfriend." he smiled sweetly, the look was overpowering... I... I don't know what to think... it's so... God I want Moore... I just... oh my fucking God that was sexily weird.

"You sweet, sexy... beautiful, seductive, smart... wild, thing...." he was kissing and nibbling on my neck... and I moaned by accident. Places in my head were shut off, and others were dusted off and, even though it's a really bad pun to say, turned on.

"What was that...? Was that a moan I just heard? I believe so!" he joked.

"Shut up... you know that gets to me!" I defended. He pushed his mouth to mine, and my eyes fluttered shut. I scooted my way over, closer to his body, pushing a knee between his, releasing a small moan into the kiss we shared, becoming increasingly faster and passionate. I could feel his hands making their way to areas they've missed so dearly from the timid touch they had. My hands found their way into his messy hair, and taking hand fulls to force the kiss deeper.

"Mmph... ohh...." he moaned, his hands had undone my bra, and were tracing my prominent bones in my back, his muscles in his face frowned as his disappointment of my lack of muscle tone.

"I love you...." I whispered.

"I love you... too." he responded, exasperated and short of breath.

"Sonny... I'm scared to go home." he looked at me with a slightly concerned look in his dark, rich brown eyes as his brow knitted itself together in a confused frown.

"Scared? Why baby?"

"Seeing my brother again... and being home after all this time, and all the people at my old school are going to see me again... asking questions and such. It's been bothering me since I last spoke to Ryan over the phone, and I can't help feeling like it's going to get me into trouble... or get you hurt." he stared at me without blinking, the eyes on his boy... my lord. So deep and beautiful, they bore into you, and I can't help but wonder what's going on in his pretty little head. Sonny smiled and blinked a few times, leaving his eyes half open.

"Oh Emily, dear, nothing's gonna happen, and if Ryan's got something to say, let him say it. Nothing can tear you away from me again... I won't let anyone, or anything do it. I swear on my -- " I put my hand to his mouth to stop him from saying it, frowning seriously.

"Don't you fucking say it. I told you to never bet your life on me. Ever." I said sternly, removing my hand from his mouth and pointing a finger at him. He put a pretty hand over my threatening finger, making it fold back to the clenched fist I had held still.

"I would rather you live on as I float up above and make sure that you were happy with someone else than have you die on me... I still do, and you can't stop me." he whispered. This wrenched the tears from my eyes that have gone uncried for so long.

"What the hell is wrong with your hearing? Without you, there is no me... Sonny, I refuse to live on with the foreboding thought and memory of you being dead. I will not and cannot live with someone else knowing that I had you... that I've held you close, that I've had you kiss me and tell me you loved me. Please, save me the thought of it, because the thought of losing you like that makes me, honestly, want to fucking up and kill myself." I cried softly, using an angry, ushered tone to get my point across with a meaning he would get on the first mentioning.

"Okay baby... for you...." he kissed my nose, and another wave of tears flowed freely as the pictures of his beautiful pale face resting peacefully in a white cushion lined coffin, being laid to rest, and being sliced open like a frog in biology class. It sickened me severely. Sonny rubbed circles in my back as I cried into his chest. I hate how all these nice moments all turn to dust in the wind and I end up saying something that makes me cry because he's betting his life on me... yet again. I could feel that my eyes had cried their fill, and I could also tell that I was slowly slipping into sleep. I bit my bottom lip to wake me up a little bit, and saw that Sonny was actually sound asleep above me. I smiled, inching my way upward. I landed a small kiss on the nose, and closed my eyes to willingly let the sleep claim me for the night.