Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

Retrieval -Part Four-

Derek

"Hello... Emily...." said a gruff and nasty-sounding man. I pulled the phone away from my ear, gave it a funny look and spoke into it... slowly.

"This isn't Emily... erm, who is this?" I asked, knowing who it was from the start. Emily looked up at me with a look of longing in her eyes. It killed me to see her like this.

"What's it to you? Give the phone to the girl, and pretty boy doesn't get hurt," he said. I reluctantly passed the phone to Emily, a frown creasing her forehead.

"Daddy... let him go! Please, he's done nothing to you! I--" she paused, looking over to me and Mike on the verge of tears.

"No. You keep your hands off of him! Don't you touch him you monster!" she cried. Mike turned away, looking out the window. We were parked three houses away, watching for anything suspicious that could signal an entry way... or good enough evidence that Sonny was captive there.

"Fine. Ten minutes-- five min-- right now? I-I...." she paused, looking at me for any direction.

"No way! We have to buy some time... somehow," I whispered. I'm not too good with negotiations, obviously.

"Fine... you had better not lay a single finger on him, Jason!" she looked at me, I could tell that she knew just as well as the rest of us that he was already beaten up in some way. I heard his rough voice, muffled by the phone being at her ear... and Emily's eyes lit up, letting a few tears fall.

"Yes! Yes! Please Daddy! Please...." she pulled the phone away from her ear and fumbled with the buttons, the phone was put on speaker and Sonny's weak and raspy voice was filtering through.

"Emmy? Is that you?"

"Yes! Yes yes yes, I'm here! I'm here... did he hurt you, baby? Please tell me you're alright!"

"Yeah, I'm a little scratched up... but I'm fine knowing that you are." Emily cried a little harder hearing how bad he sounded; modesty wasn't the best idea in this situation, after all.

"We're coming baby... I'm coming. Be careful of what you say, okay? You don't need to be a hero for me, please."

"No! Emily you stay away from here! Don't come! Don't-- hey! Bring back the goddamn phone you asshole! You said that I-- ragh... shit! Fuck you! Agh!" the sound of fists meeting faces came from the other end of the line, Emily cried harder and harder.

"Leave him alone you dirty fucker! Don't you fucking touch him! I'll kill--!"

"Ah-ah-ahh! Watch that pretty little mouth of yours, Emmy! We wouldn't want a few limbs to go missing, now would we? Get over here in exactly three minutes or Pretty Boy is dead." And at that, the line went dead. Emily shook in her seat; fists clenched, teeth grinding, and shoulders madly vibrating. She looked at me with pure hatred and rage in those pretty green eyes, only weighed down with sorrow and regret.

"Get Matt and Travis here... now... I'm going to kill that fucker with my own... two... hands!"

Sonny

'No! She can't come here! No! No! No! No! This can't be happening... no... I refuse to let he get here! I have to get free!' I thought, helplessly tied to the chair, still.

Jason and Lisa were smiling evilly at me from across the room. And at last, I began to cry. Everything took the turn for the worst possible outcome. I couldn't stop here... and I know she's on her way right now. I'm not strong enough to break my bonds... I'm going to get her killed.

"Ha! Take that Mr. Moore! You lose! Ha! Ha!" Lisa pointed, laughing hysterically; Jason just smirked.

She sat on my lap, leaning close to my ear, "It's amazing what will happen when you won't cooperate... but your target will. You're useless now, I suppose," she turned to Jason. "Can we kill him? It won't hurt... much." she giggled, tickling the underside of my chin with her index finger playfully. I snapped at her, trying to take it off.

"No, if we kill him now she'll refuse to cooperate any further. She'll run, and I'll get thrown in th slammer again! And I'm not settling for that! I want her here, willingly. And I want her here to watch him die! I want her so broken she'll be begging me to kill her, too!" he bellowed.

Lisa shook her head, sighing, "You're an idiot, okay? A fucking idiot! You just told him everything! Now I have to gag the bastard again-- do you have any idea how hard it is to dispose of evidence with epithelials all over it without being suspicious? I would assume not, because you've been in prison for the past three goddamn years!" she yelled back, grabbing a thick piece of rope. She then walked my way and furiously shoved my mouth open and tying it in back of my head.

'Emily... no....'

Emily

I paced. Back and forth, back and forth on the street corner. Derek, Mike, Matt and Travis were watching and talking among themselves. It's been two minutes. Now two and ten seconds.

"Matthew Good! I am about to lose my boyfriend to my mad fucking father! You had better pull something out of your ass or I'm going alone."

"I'm trying! Alright... I guess we'll just have to play by what goes on. We're going with you," he said, trying to stay calm. I knew for a fact that he was good under pressure... but I doubt he'd keep a cool head if his boyfriend's head is on the chopping block.

"I know. Come on guys." The four men followed me. I sped to the girl's house, my heart racing and breathing stressed. I banged on the door three times as hard as I could, and for good measure, I jammed the door bell button with my incessant pushing. The Lisa girl opened the door, looking slightly annoyed.

"Look, all you had to do is knock. Damaging my fucking ears wasn't really called for!" she murmured crossly to herself. We followed her to the basement door, she flipped on the light and began to hum as we slowly walked to the floor below.

"Hunny! I'm home!" she said cheerily. Lisa skipped to a chair in the middle of the room, a thick, dark wood chair, and strapped to it, was Sonny.

"Sonny!" I screamed. His head turned to face me slowly... and I was demolished.

"S-Son... Sonny. Sonny... Sonny!" I cried, beginning a run toward him. But I was snatched from my course by extremely hairy, muscular, and scarred arms.

"You brought company."

"You never said I couldn't! Let me go! Sonny!" I wailed. I looked toward the guys, Derek and Travis were trying to get over Mike and Matt, who held them back.

"You had better hold yourselves in place, or Emily and the boy get it," he hissed, smiling maliciously. Lisa on the other hand, pulled out two guns, pointing one at Sonny and another at the band and their manager. Travis and Derek stopped and stood perfectly poised and still. But even so, they had the look of death in their eyes, all four of them did.

"I want you to remember everything we've gone through together, Emily. I want you to think back on every little activity we've done together, and I want you to imagine it one hundred times worse."

"Jason, get on with it already! I have shit to do tomorrow, and it's like four in the goddamn morning!" Lisa yelled.

"Shut the fuck up woman! I wanna see your life flash before your eyes you little bitch! I want you to feel every little fucking bit of pain you've put me through in prison!" my father pulled a knife to my throat, the blade pressing dangerously hard on my trachea.

"It's... it's not my fault that you-you became your inmate's b-bitch," I choked out, gaining a little confidence. He squeezed tighter and pressed harder with the knife, the four men on the other side of the room lurched forward slightly. Lisa had the gun to Sonny's forehead. I reached out to him, straining to breathe and to reach him.

"Sonny... Sonny. I want you to know... I'm sorry. I love you," I whispered, crying a little as I worked and shifted in my father's ever-tightening arms. I opened my mouth and bit down as hard as I could on his forearm.

My father jerked his arm away from me, wailing. But as he flailed about, a sharp pain struck my back. I ignored it and flew toward Sonny, and the gun at his head. Lisa attempted to pull he trigger, but I had grabbed her wrist before she could. The taste of blood in my teeth, tainted with the musk of adrenaline flowing freely through my limbs and mind. One of the boys grabbed the other gun in Lisa's hand, while Mike and Travis grabbed Lisa. She dropped the gun nearest me and I picked it up.

I pointed the gun at my father, "You've caused my family pain for the last time you bastard," I panted. "This is the last time that you hurt anyone!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face.

"You won't shoot me... you... you don't have the spine to shoot me," my father said, breathless. He had been screaming about the teeth marks in his left arm, and it still dripped down his arm and off his fingers.

I tightened my grip on the handle and trigger as he took one step closer, then another, "You take one more step and I'll have your brains all over that wall, Jason."

He laughed, "You'll never kill me. I'll never die! Now, what ever happened to my sweet little Emily that always did what I said? Hm? Where'd the little whore go?"

"She died along with my pride and dignity, asshole," I wrapped my finger around the tiny piece of metal like it was my last lifeline. Like it was the last sunset I'll ever see.

"No... I think she standing right here. Defending a low-life, worthless piece of shit," he smiled, laughing. And a split second later, that trigger was flat against the handle of the gun, and my father's body was on the floor. As I looked down on his body, blood pouring from his forehead, I felt my fingers go numb, and my gun fall from my hand. I turned to the four men and my bound lover, and crashed to my knees in tears. Everything was very cold for a moment, until I fell to the ground. The last thing I heard was the sound of my name and an explosion.