Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

My Happily Ever After

Emily

I opened my eyes, and Sonny wasn't there, again. I wondered where he was, but more importantly, where my pants were.

'If I wake up tomorrow, and I'm naked, I'm consulting someone for sleep-sex suppressants or something,' I thought sleepily yawning. I got up, brushed my teeth, dressed, and walked into the living room. All the boys were buzzing around, talking and cleaning. Wait... cleaning?!

'Has Hell really frozen over?' I thought, in shock.

"Are you guys actually cleaning?!"

"Yeah, we thought we'd give to a break from cleaning up after us. Ace's on the bus if you need him. He and Stevers are talking." I nodded, still in shock, and walked to the bus parked outside. I got through the doors and saw my bags were already there, and Sonny was talking to Steve the bus driver. I sat down next to him, pecking him on the cheek as a hello.

"Hey babe, how'd you sleep?"

"Great... only, I woke up, and they-- the guys... were cleaning for me! Do you have any idea what this is all about? Because quite frankly, I'm terrified the world's come to an end." Sonny and Steve both laughed.

"They're just being nice, I suppose. I would do the same thing if I were them," Steve smiled.

"I guess you're right... do you guys want anything? I feel useless, give me something to do."

"Alright then, relax. You don't have to do anything today." Sonny said, kissing me on the cheek. I was shocked even still! I can't just do nothing... and I just used a double negative... and none of that is me. There has to be something I can make, or do... an errand to run... something!

"Are sure we don't need anything from the store? I know that you guys haven't gone shopping--"

"Actually, Stevers went grocery shopping this morning before coming here, right Steve?" he nodded, smiling more. I got up and checked the cupboards, the refrigerator, the freezer, and everything was full, to my complete and utter surprise.

"You're kidding me. There is absolutely nothing[/i I can do today but sit on the couch and watch TV?"

"Yep," the two men said. I sighed and dropped to the couch. I can't do that. But I'll try....
I sat there and watched the men walk in and out of the bus with luggage and such things they were bringing on tour. Laptops, video games, movies, CDs... it was frustrating when I went to go help and they would make me sit down and "relax".

About two hours later, I was emailing my brother when the bus roared to life. Sonny and the guys were unpacking, but he said that he would let me unpack my own things. I was glad for that much. I sent the email and played Spider Solitaire to pass even more time. I was just about to beat my old time record when an IM window popped up on screen,

"Dammit," I swore, reading it.

RyanMakesRecords33: You'd be surprised what happens when you're being told not to do anything!' it was from Ryan. His username was totally obvious and slightly cocky... but that's my brother for you.

Baby_blue_princess: Oh really? Like what?

RyanMakesRecords33: I told you, you'd be surprised. So what are you up to chickadee?' I smiled.

Baby_blue_princess: Nothing, the bus just started moving. I'm not allowed to do anything, actually.'

RyanMakesRecords33: Ah... right. I'm working. I've got new bands coming in for a demo session... ugh! I laughed a little louder than I wanted, but I still replied.

Baby_blue_princess: Oh-ho! That's gotta suck! I know how you hate new people.'

RyanMakesRecords33: Well you're confined to one spot! Oh!' he IMed, sending me the tongue face.

Baby_blue_princess: Touche... well I'm bored and you should be working. I'll talk to you later Bubby!'

RyanMakesRecords33: Alright then sis, bye!' I closed the laptop and decided to unpack. All my books and old magazines were piled on top of my clothes, just how I liked them. I looked at the suitcase for a few seconds and decided I'm just going to take a nap instead.

'It's the first day for touring, I have no idea where we're going, and I'm really tired... I'm taking a goddamn nap,' I thought, curling up in Sonny's bunk. I'm surprised that we manage to share one, these are so damn tiny! I offered to trade with Derek for the one above him, but he said no, and I'm not one to argue much. And I was just about to fall asleep when a light shone in on me. Meaning someone had puled back the curtain, and needed me to do something.

"Em, are you awake?" asked Sonny.

"I am now. What do you need?"

"I... uh, need you help me with something, real quick, I promise!" he said, stumbling over his words. I nodded sleepily and got out of the bunk in the wall. Following him to the lobby, I saw that everyone was there... and looking nervous. Travis' fingers drummed on the table, Matt's foot bounced, Derek's eyes flitted all over the place, Steve's hand bounced on the steering wheel... even Elric's tail was knocking against the floor nervously. It was awkward.

"What is this, an execution?" I asked, trying to make a sarcastic funny... it didn't work. Sonny looked at me, eyes so soft and pure, a shy smile on his face. It was like the smile I saw on his face the first time we saw each other after my fourteenth birthday party... and that night when he gave me my locket. That look of love, passion, and something else... but I never caught what it was.

"Emily, I've know you for a long time. We've been through so much together, and I've said before that it was just tests of our love for each other. And we've managed to pull through all of it with our love still intact. I want you to know, that I love you more than I could ever love another... that I would protect you from all the harsh things in life even if it means giving my life away. For you, it's a risk I'll always be willing to take," he said, taking my hands in his, lacing our fingers together. A tear ran down my cheek; he continued,

"And I would like to say, that I will do this for the rest of my life," he paused. "Emily Smith..." Sonny reached into his back pocket and got down on one knee. I clutched my heart and hoped to all holy Heaven that I was not dreaming this time...

"Will you marry me?" he asked me, showing me a ring with a single diamond on a silver band. I felt waves of tears welling in my eyes.

"Yes! Yes! Of course I'll marry you! Yes!" I cried, he stood up and I flung my arms around his neck, lips connecting to his. All the men on the bus yelled and cheered... and I knew, that life was about to start for me... all over again.

x~x~x

. Fin .
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank all my readers, and all my subscribers for sticking with me through all the mistakes, typos and update-less voids in time. And I guess I would like to thank Selina as well, for providing me with inspiration and the support I needed when I was down, ad couldn't think; for cheering me up and also providing me with much needed information for the story to flourish and blossom!

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you again, hopefully, in the sequel!
Love,
Rose