Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

The Birthday Present

Ryan

I knocked at her door lightly, tonight was the party. I was so excited, I just walked into her room. I stopped. I gasped at the sight of From First To Last... everywhere. Above her bed was a poster of Sonny... above her headboard was Matt... next to it was Travis... I was not expecting this. Other bands were here and there... but FFTL was overpowering them in vast numbers. I heard her moan in her sleep.

"Mmmm... S-Sonny... Huh? Wha-?" she sat up. At the sight of me, crystalline tears came to her eyes.

"R-Ryan... get out." she whispered, head hanging in a shameful fashion.

"Emily, I'm sorry! I--"

"I said... get out!" she screamed hoarsely. I walked out quickly. Halting outside her door, a sob came through.

"Can't I ever keep it a secret?" her muffled cries hurt me.

I went into the kitchen to cook breakfast. Trying to think positively, but failing horribly. She came out of her room, fully dressed and eyes a bit puffy. I remember the first time I gave her the FFTL demo CD, when Sonny had just joined. She was so happy. She squealed with joy after she heard it all. When Mom broke it she was crushed. She cried endlessly, day and night. I see why she held them so dear. They made her happy. She stood in front of me, looking up into my eyes. Her emerald orbs, slightly bloodshot made me ever more sad to see them so teary. She wrapped her arms around my waist loosely, burring her face in my side.

"I'm sorry Ry-Ry. I've fought so hard to keep it secret. I thought you would hit me for it... like Dad and Mom did."

"No Emily, I'm not like them. I hated they favored me over you, when I moved out I wanted to stay, because I knew you needed me. But they kept me away from being able to do just that. I'm nothing like them Emily, I swear it. I swear I will never be like Dad." I smiled warmly. She tightened her grip around my waist, I felt tears soak through my shirt. I stroked her hair, she looked back up at me, a half smile played on her lips.

"Happy birthday Emmy."

"Thank you Ryan. I love you," I handed her a plate. She didn't eat much. After we were done she asked me what I had got her.

"Something you're gonna love! Your party's tonight at nine."

"Really! Oh wow Ryan thank you!" She pecked me on the cheek, hugging me. I was timid about the party... Sonny's a flirt. And he's only fifteen. She shouldn't get mixed in with his kind, guys in bands are always bad news.

"I can't wait!" she walked back into her cave.

Eight Forty-Five That Night
Emily

"Emily! Hurry up!" Ryan yelled. I was doing my make up, my hair was done, my red streaks looked okay mixed in with my black hair, and I had just one eye left.

"I'm almost done Ry-Ry!" I heard him huff. I giggled silently. Finishing up, I met my brother outside the apartment building on the ground floor. I ran to the car and hopped into the passenger seat, the car leaning to one side like always.

"Where is it gonna be?"

"Oh... you'll see. Wear this, that way you can stay." he handed me a laminate pass. I shrugged and hooked it to my belt loop. I stared out the window, thinking about random things. But I began to wonder... who's gonna be there? I have no friends, really... except Jessi, and she's trying to find where she belongs in the world. She's like me... but only around me. I sighed and continued thinking. Until the car stopped. We were parked in front of the most exclusive goth/emo club in the whole fucking country. I know that was a bit of an exaggeration, but c'mon!

"Oh my god Ryan Mitchell Smith! You didn't! You're fucking kidding me! The fucking Divided Underground?!" I was going to explode with happiness.

"Yep. Just you wait... it gets better than this." he smiled evily. Showing the guard his pass. We walked in and he stopped me in the hall.

"How? It's not like you--" he cut me off with a raised hand; the music playing was practically calling me toward it. I bounced to the beat, smiling and just zoning out a little.

"Did you see the back of your pass?" I shook my head no and flipped it over. I gasped. In silver lettering was: KVLT.

"You sneaky son of a bitch!" I felt my heart beat faster. He told me to wait there and sped off. I heard the music stop.

"Hello everyone, and thanks for coming to the party!" Clapping and cheers filled my ears. It was my brother talking. I realized he never told me what he did for a living... ha ha... My Chem humor.

"Well if all of you would please welcome our guest of honor tonight... my little sister, Emily!" I walked out of the hall and nearly fainted. The cheers erupted from all of my heroes. My Chemical Romance, Underoath, Fall Out Boy, System Of A Down, Tool... everyone! I was grabbed by the hand and dragged to the stage.

'I'm holding Pete Wentz's hand! Oh my God!' I thought. I got up next to my brother, staring out at the vast sea of my heroes. I grabbed hold of the mic.

"Holy shit man... Ryan, I'm gonna fucking kill you! Fuck man, this-this is mind-blowing. Damn you!" I pointed to Ryan threateningly. "Well, I know there's more to do than listen to me threaten my brother, so... lets party!" I yelled into the microphone. I ran over to Ryan and jumped on his back, punching him over and over.

"You sneaky, kniving son of a bitch! I nearly had a fucking heart attack!" I whacked him on the back of the head several times before he decided to speak again.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Get off me! I have some people I want you to meet-- ow!" he took me off his back and dragged me offstage. He took me to the bar, where nine guys were sitting. I stopped walking pulling my arm back.

"Oh no! Ryan, please! No! I can't meet them! I-I'll freak out."

"You're coming, and you're gonna be fine."

"Okay... but-- ah!" he jerked me forward.

"Hey! Travis! Gee! Whats up?" They all exchanged their hellos, then my brother turned to me.

"Guys this is my baby sister, Emily." I stood still my head hanging. My brother dragged me forward yet again. I lifted my head, and was met by hazel eyes. Frank Iero. He hugged me tightly.

"Frank... can't... breathe!" he was literally crushing my lungs. He let go smiling, and told me happy birthday. My eyes rested on Sonny. He was talking to Aaron of Underoath, but he looked away and stared back at me. He walked over and gave me a friendly hug. I was blushing violently. Matt and Travis exchanged looks, and turned back to me. I was hugging Sonny back and I shot them an evil look, but they still grinned.

I was still red in the face when he let go. I met everyone else, and found that they were all super nice people. Me and Sonny talked a lot and I stopped blushing, and started coming out and talking more. Music was a big topic, and we liked a lot of the same stuff. I was given a signed guitar, a black, red and silver tiara, several shirts and passes to shows from a variety of bands. I crowd surfed and moshed endlessly, until the clock struck three a.m.

Sonny, Matt, Travis, Frank, Aaron, Mikey, and Gerard all sang me happy birthday. And I swear, that night would have been even more perfect if I could have just kissed Sonny... but Matt gave me a kiss on the cheek! My brother almost exploded.

This is a night to remember... never shall I forget my fouteenth birthday... or that Matt Good kissed me! Ha, ha! I thought as I jumped off the stage once more, just for good measure.