Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

As Long As I Have You, I'll Never Feel So Empty...

Sonny

I can still remember last night clearly... wow. I was talking to my buddy Aaron and this girl caught my eye like a magnet. She was three inches shorter than me, medium length black and red hair, and this dazzling pair of emerald eyes. Her head hung, but snapped up when she was death-grip-hugged by Frankie. She jumped when I hugged her. I smiled, she smelled good too. Ha, I realized it was Ryan's sister, and I thought:

Well, I can still talk with her. And I did. But Matt had drank a little and ended up kissing her on the cheek, Ryan almost exploded. But I guess the smile on her face stopped him from going off.

"Hey Sonny, you okay?" Derek shook my shoulder.

"Hey! I was thinking!"

"Wow. Sonny was thinking! I bet I know who!" Matt teased me, wiggling his eyebrows. Travis jumped onto the bed, into Matt's lap. Oh god....

"I'm so in love with you Emily!" Travis put on a cheesy high pitched voice.

"I love you too Sonny baby!" they pretended to make out. Blech! But it was funny.

"Shut up! I was not!" I avoided eye contact... blushing is a bitch. I knew they looked at each other, they knew me too well.

"Mm-hm... yeah, okay."

"I wasn't! Ugh, I'm going to the mall." I grabbed my jacket.

"You're just jealous I kissed her!" I smirked.

"Cheek doesn't count, asshole!" I yelled back.

I got into Matt's car. I just wanted to piss him off for teasing me. I drove to the mall, went straight to Hot Topic. I looked around for about five minutes when the clerk started talking to someone.

"Yeah! Happy birthday! I've missed you. Did your parents get it?"

"Yes! They did, twenty-five to life for child abuse and some other stuff. I can't remember all of it. But I tell you what C.J., last night was so much fun!" a girls voice responded. I knew it was Emily, I just couldn't face her right now. I continued to browse about until she bumped into me.

"I'm so sorry! Wait, Sonny?"

"Oh heh, heh... hey Emily!"

"Hey... what are you doing here?"

"Escaping the guys... you?"

"Escaping my brother. He wanted to rip Matt's head off last night and he won't let me hear the end of it," she laughed. We stood in silence for a short while. She asked me a few idle questions... and I answered surprisingly it was shyly. The clerk eyeed us suspiciously. It was also very strange we were standing next to a rack with my band's shirts in it... a little too strange.

"Emily, do you wanna get some coffee with me?" I said rather quickly. Blushing is a big, big bitch.

"Y-yeah, I'd love t-to." she stammered. She blushed too. She also let a nervous giggle slip. I smiled and took her hand. We walked out of the store, the clerk whispered something to her, and shot me a look saying, 'Break her heart, I'll break your face'. I took the message. We went to the Gloria Jeans and ordered.

"I'll have a vanilla iced coffee, light with sugar," she said casually.

The clerk looked at me, "Erm... I'll have the hot chocolate with whipped cream." the clerk nodded and got us our coffee. When we sat down, her face was still a slight shade of pink.

"My brother works with you guys right?"

"Yeah, at the recording studio close by. We've hit a few bumps."

"Hm-hm... yeah I figured as much. He gave me your demo, I fell in love with it." She looked down.

"Thank you. But why hide it? Your music is nothing to ashamed of," I said, trying to make eye contact. God, now I sound like Travis.

"I... it's a long story."

"I'm all ears Emily."

She told me about how her parents hated her for what she was into and how she acted. They favored her brother over her, neglected her and beat her. When she heard us she felt like she wasn't alone. But her mother broke the CD in two, shattering her hopeless heart. Ryan had always loved her, he always spoke about her at the studio. He was right, she is a great person, she's just too scared to show it.

"C'mon, lets go to the park." I said, offering my hand. She took it, her emerald eyes sparkling so brightly.

As we drove to the car I took her hand in mine again, she looked surprised, but smiled warmly. She hopped out of the car and ran to the swings. She pumped her legs, getting higher and higher. I sat next to her and swung until we were parallel. She reached out to me, I grabbed her hand. We laughed until we were high as we could go. She let go of my hand, readied herself and leaped from the swing. She rolled down the hill, I leaped after her. We yielded at the bottom, laying next to each other, holding hands. Staring at the sky as the sun began to set.

"Sonny, do like me?" she asked, still transfixed in the orange clouds.

"Yes. I do Emily," I sat up, leaning over her. Her hands rested on my neck, pulling me closer to her....

We kissed....