Bang! Bang! Guns Go Bang!

My Mental Drug

Sonny

It's been two days since I saw her, Emily. And I can't get her out of my head, she's like an annoying song. But I'm not complaining, hell no! Why would I? But I'm afraid to speak, 'cause the guys would never let me forget it.

As they may say: A good friend knows who you like, a best friend can blackmail you with it.
And I believe they would. Someone can just slap 'Slave' to my forehead now if I planned to tell them. Ugh, I shiver just thinking about it. And as soon as I did this, Jon jumped into my lap.

"What the hell is going on in that little-ish-big-ish head of yours huh Sonny boy? You haven't spoke in two whole days!"

"Nothing's wrong... now please get off of me, I can't feel my legs," I said quietly. Jon looked at me like I was mental, but it was replaced by slight hurt and annoyance. He got off my lap, and rounded the corner. I heard voices... and knew whose they were.

"Did he tell you?" Derek's voice had asked.

"No, but it's pissing me off! He's never like this, what do you think is wrong with him?" Jon certainly was angry. I got up and rounded the corner too, all four of them were standing there. I was pissed off, but glad they worried about me.

"You know what Jon, deal with it. Nothing's wrong with me, I'm just thinking about some stuff! There! Now stop talking behind my back!" It wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the most specific truth. I pushed through them, stalking towards my room. I sat on my bed running my fingers through my longish black mop... I began to think,

'I need a haircut... well, not need but I guess I want one.' I shook the thought away, Emily's smile replaced it. She's like a drug... I can't stop thinking about her. I wonder what she's doing....

Emily

Sonny. Sonny. Sonny. Sonny. Sonny!

I see him in the clouds, the ripples of a puddle, my dreams... although that's nothing out of the ordinary, but still! I can't get him out of my head. My brother hasn't asked why I've been so jittery lately, so that's really good for the most part. I'm in my room, trying my hardest to relax, but I can't. I picked up my cell phone and the folded napkin on my bedside table. I dialed an listened to it ring, silently wishing he would pick up.

"Hello?"

"Sonny! It's Emily... I miss you so much... and it's only been two days!"

"I miss you too Emmy, the guys are getting on my nerves. What've you been up to?"

"Trying not to flip out. I've been so jittery and high strung since you dropped me off. It's hard lying to him Sonny, it really is." I was almost crying... and why I can't quite answer.

"Jon, Derek, Matt and Travis are really pushing it. They've been trying to pry me open to find out about you and me. I guess I'm afraid to talk, I might... tell by accident."

"We both need a break don't we?" I asked, I held them back. No tears now, save them for later!

"Yeah-- Matt! Go away! Sorry-- nothing, now go! Ugh, these guys are so annoying sometimes! Could you meet me at the park tonight? Around ten o' clock? I can't talk anymore, they're banging on my door, see you tonight!" He hung up, but I still goodbye. I sighed dreamily, placing my hands beneath my head. I looked at my digital clock, it read four thirty.

"Damn... I'm gonna be waiting forever," I grunted. I'm not very patient today am I? I put in a random CD and closed my eyes. Within minutes, I was asleep.