Sequel: Devotion and Desire
Status: Completed

Bitten

Part 19 Marking Will Not Save You

**************************
Lilly’s POV

I went out side our building and went over to the blood bank. I snuck in the back and found an empty box. I grabbed it and went to a fridge. I opened it and found tons of packs of blood. I grabbed tons to fill the box and closed it. Someone was coming. I ran outside with the box and ran back into the building. Brendon hadn’t moved. I put it down and opened it.

“Have a preference?”

“AB positive.”

“Alright” I dug through and found a pouch. I grabbed a knife and pocked a hole at the top.

I handed it to him. He took it and tipped the hole to his mouth and drank it. I grabbed another and followed it the same process. He drank ten more and his body started to heal. He squinted his eyes.

“What’s that bruise on you neck.”

“It’s a hickey.”

“I see that one. The other one.”

I felt my neck and landed on my bite.

“Yeah, that one.”

I blushed and pulled my collar up. He came forward and held my hands with one of his and moved the collar. He hissed and backed away from me.

“WHO MARKED YOU?”

His voice was loud and furious. I slid back a little. I have never seen Brendon so angry. He hissed again and stood up. He asked his question again.

“Do I really need to answer?”

“That dumbass!”

“You are talking about Pete right?”

“Of course! How could he do that to you?”

“This,” I pulled my collar down, “Is going to keep me safe!”

“From who?”

“William!”

Brendon shook his head, “Honey, marking you will not save you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“It protects you from the Dandies. Not William.”

“Why not?”

“Don’t you get it? Pete was created by William. Which means when Pete marked you. It basically means you belong to William. Not Pete. You just made it a lot easier for William.”

I groaned, “Great! Just fucking great!”

He moved his arm and looked at me, “We need to destroy this place.”

“How?”

“I have an idea.”

“Okay? Shoot.”

“We deliver the food and money in this place to you house. Burn this place down. Barricade you in your house and yeah.”

“Brendon? Why are you helping me?”

“Well duh! I like you but now I have no chance with you.”

“Who says?”

“That mark on you? I can’t touch you. You’ve been “bonded' to Pete. No backing out now. You’re stuck with Peter until he dies.”

“Why are there so many rules?”

He shrugged. He dematerialized and helped moved the food and money to my room. Now I didn’t have to go shopping. Illegal I know but It was going to keep us safe.

“Kay I’m going to go set the place on fire.”

“Are you coming right back?”

“I have to go back to the house.”

“Brendon please. Come to the good side for me?”

He pressed his lips to my own softly. When he pulled back he spoke softly, “I wanted at least one kiss.”

“Will you come back?”

“Yes.”

And he left and David came up, “What the hell?”

“Just wait.”

Brendon reappeared and David growled, “Get out of here!”

“David relax! He’s on our side!”

“Ha!”

Patrick came in and yawned, “What’s going on? Why is there food right there?”

Brendon spoke up, “We need to barricade her. I brought this so she doesn’t have to leave. We have a major problem and I didn’t tell you.”

“What is it?” Patrick took a seat on my bed.

“William took some of my blood. Which means he has all my memories. That’s how he could get here without ever being here. He’s desperate, he wants her back now! And now that he did that to her it made it worse.”

“David, I want Brendon to stay here. He can help keep me safe.”

He sighed, “This can be a trap!”

Brendon shook his head, “I’ve been exiled. We don’t have much time. There is only one room I haven’t been in. I suggest we keep her in it.”

“Which one?”

“The one by David’s room.”

“Pete’s room.” David mumbled softly.
**************************