Sequel: Devotion and Desire
Status: Completed

Bitten

32 Stay away from me!

*************************
Pete’s POV

She was on her side. Asleep, which was what she was supposed to be doing. I stroked her hair. Her face tightened and she moved closer to me. I moved her hair to look at her mark. It was William’s. I touched slightly and growled.

It should be mine.


I gulped; her vain in her neck was slightly bulged out. I closed my eyes and to in a shaky breath. I needed my shake and now.

Becky…

What?

I need my shake.

I’ll see what I can do.

Thank you.

Lilly moved so she was on her back. Her chest rose slightly; more of her neck was exposed. I backed out of the bed. If I stayed I knew I would lose into the temptation. I backed away from her and sat on the chair across the room. She opened her eyes and she sat up, “Pete?”

Her eyes searched for my own and eventually landed on them. Her eyebrows furred, “Pete? What’s wrong?”

The blankets where thrown off of her and she swung her legs over the bed. I held up my hand, “Don’t. Please stay away from me.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I haven’t had my shake.”

I was shaking. I could smell her and practically felt her heart rate as if it was my own. I kept taking in deep breaths, trying to calm my urge to go over there and bleed her dry. It felt like my skull was spliting. I was in so much pain.

“Pete-”

“Shut up. Just. Sit and be quiet.”

“Pete. I can give you some of my blood.”

“No…”

“Pete! You need it.”

“No I don’t.”

I just stared at the floor. I saw her feet in front of me.

“I told you to stay away from me!”

“Pete.”

I snarled, “Stay away from me!”

She backed away from me slightly, “Please.”

I hissed at her, “Back away. Now!”

She stepped back and hanged her head, “Sorry.”

I sighed and hung my head, “Don’t be! It’s my fault.”

“I am really sorry”

I sighed and pushed off of the chair. I took a deep breath and went over to her. She froze; she had to be terrified. I wrapped my arms around her.

“Pete?”

“Relax. I’m trying to see I can handle myself. But I need you to calm your heart rate down.”

Her body relaxed next to me as well as her heart rate. I took in a deep breath. Her smell was intoxicating. Oh god. I can’t do this. I kissed her lips softly as she reached up to tangle her fingers in my hair. And yes, I am a make out king. I moaned and stepped forward. She started walking backwards with me pushing her backwards. She gasped as she hit the bureau next to the bed.

I slid my mouth to her neck and sucked on the skin. She moaned my name softly. I moved her neck further back to expose more skin. She kept pulling at my hair as I caressed her hips.

“Pete…”

It was funny. I only new her for a short time and now were “bonded” to one another. Not that I’m complaining. She was beautiful. No wonder David was so protective. I didn’t blame him. You never know what trouble she could cause.

I kissed a little lower. Not quite hitting her cleavage. She pulled back slightly. She wasn’t too sure of my new intrusion. I smiled against her skin. Well, we’ll have to change that. I growled. I was sounding like William. This was not good.

I pulled away and she stepped forward. I nodded to the bed slightly. She blushed, but got my message. We moved to the bed and I laid back on it.

I think this is deja vu. Where have I seen something like this before? I swear, some book or something.

I was always a cliche/

****************************