Sequel: Vermilion
Status: Finished, with sequal.

Dazed and Abused

11

It had been nearly two months since that night, and I’d gotten ever so closer to Jacob and the pack, as well as Bella and Alice. I never bothered with Rosalie, she was a bitch to me the majority of the time, and I had never bothered to speak to the male forms of the Cullen family. Besides Edward, who came every so often with Alice and Bella when they visited my home. I thought they weren’t suppose to step on the Quileute reservation, but Sam let all their visits slide, because he respected Jacob’s honor to make me happy…and comfortable.

Today was also Bella’s graduation party, and everyone…when I say everyone, I literally mean, everyone was invited. Alice had been nice enough to come over and tip me about my outfit. Rather, she dressed me herself even did my dark brown hair and make up. I liked it.

I was dressed in a white corset top with a white spider web fishnet shirt, and a purple gypsy skirt. All of that was bought by Alice herself, that night she stole me away to the mall. She already had our outfits planned for this night.

My hair was just curled in some parts and straightened in others, with a little red rose clipped to the side of my head. My make up consisted of little amounts of eyeliner, red eye shadow, and mascara. She said she didn’t want me to freak everyone out at the party, since I had told her what I wanted to wear that night. I thanked her for her services, told her that I didn’t know where I’d be without her fashion and advice, and she left to fix up the Cullen’s forest home for this night.

As I exited the hallway, Jacob was leaning against the front door. I knew I felt him here. He smiled a sheepish, happy smile before spreading his long arms out towards me. I, however, didn’t show any expression but a sternness, and let him embrace me.

“You seem a little grumpy.” He stated, and I scoffed and nodded.

“I really don’t like big crowds.”

“Is that why you wanted to dress up like you were going to a rave?” He asked me as his smile turned into a devious smirk. I nodded and gave him my own, infamous and mischievous smirk back. Tonight was suppose to be a fun night, for all of us. That’s not how it happened.

**

There was food, music, people, a great and upbeat atmosphere, but something didn’t feel right. I knew Jacob could tell, because he was anxious and expectant of something bad to come our way. He told me that there was a new scent in the area that he was unfamiliar of, but he knew it was a vampire. He told me to always stay close to him, to not wonder off on my own. I did just that, clinging to his scar covered arm like this party would be the death of me.

All of the Cullen’s seemed really tense as well. Alice wasn’t even here, which seemed to frighten Bella and Edward, as well as Jasper, to their frozen bones. I watched their faces stiffen up, but then that aura around us all would calm down and relax. Jacob told me that it was Jasper’s fault.

Then the music stopped, the lights that lit up their back yard was shut down, and a few girls screeched in surprise. Jacob’s hold on my waist tightened to an uncomfortable…tightness, I felt like he wanted to break my ribs to pieces. But he was worried, and waited.

There was a shrill chuckle before something past us both, and Jacob growled lowly before we heard Alice scream out to us.

“Jacob, get Elaine…”

But I didn’t here past my name before I felt a throbbing in my heart that intensified by the minute, and the warm/cold paradox skin of Jacob’s disappeared from me.

Once again, I felt like dying.