Sequel: Vermilion
Status: Finished, with sequal.

Dazed and Abused

14

In a world of seemingly imaginary creatures that at once was folktale and seemed nothing more then a teenagers wild dreams, anything is bound to happen. When one learns that they cannot, without some doubt, estimate the comings of a world so imbalanced, anxiety takes place of happiness. I was that one who had to learn fast that I could not predict everything, not since finding Jacob’s bloodline to be tainted with werewolf, and that the Cullen’s were in deed vampires, that my father’s fate was much the same as theirs.

Jacob and I had been so preoccupied by the feel of each others bare skin against another that the chaos brewing swiftly outside the door of Billy’s house was, at the moment, no concern to us. When our breaths would pass each other our minds were fogged by the simple task to make this endless situation our heaven, so it was a deep surprise when we heard the growls of his other pack members reverberate into the home and the loud pound of their paws against the ground.

He broke away from me quickly, but the chaos had already begun to leak into the house when a crash came from downstairs. My heart thumped with worry, concern, and most of all, the feeling I had felt before. Fear. After Jacob had dressed suitably he was stationed at the door as there was pounding against it, like the fists of an enemy were trying to rip its way into here. He held the door shut tightly, giving me enough seconds to throw my cloths on and I gave him one last look.

“Out the window…hurry!” He shouted, and with hesitation I followed his instructions and lifted on the window, allowing it to squeak its way open. Taking a deep breath, I jumped out the window and landed softly on the pads of my feet, gazing around quickly for any signs of the pack or maybe the Cullen's.

With the beat of my heart sounding its way loudly into my head, the pulse making it difficult to stay focused, I ran as fast as my legs could possibly take me, speeding past Emmett and Carlisle who were making their way presently into the house.

All I could think about what Jacob, and his safety.

***

As the night began to unfold the universe above my head, like a blue curtain pulling back to reveal twinkling and dancing stars, the throb in my heart was becoming ever more tangible. It felt as if I was running for a very indecent amount of time, forever, and the pain was unbearable. With my eyes closed tight I took a deep breath and let myself crumble to the ground, and a gasp as the result to my quick fall.

Jacob didn’t tell me how far to run, in fact he didn’t tell me to run at all. I just assumed that maybe leading myself far away from the chaos that had wrecked what seemed the perfect moment for Jacob and I to rebuild our relationship. Let me not forget it could be the biggest mistake Jacob and I would have ever made involving each other, but it didn’t seem to matter until I start to think about it.

My heart was burning and yearning to close the distance between my wolf and I, but what stood between my heart and his was who? My father? What? With eyes open wide I questioned what would have even lead him here back to the Quileute reservation, where he had raised his lonely daughter.

I heard that Jasper’s success to be a ‘vegetarian’ vampire was not hard to do, he was easy to be convinced, and I now wondered what was running through my father’s mind to make him so hard to control. Is it simply he is a new born? Every body but the pack and I understood what he must be feeling, the Cullen vampires were new born once before…shouldn’t they have complete control?

Why now and not before? Why would my father try anything now and not the first moment anything had happened? With a blink of my dark eyes I let my world crash down like popping a bubble and watching the wet chemical remnants fall to the floor.