Sequel: Vermilion
Status: Finished, with sequal.

Dazed and Abused

19

It’s been an entire moon’s cycle since I had come back from the hospital that night, to see the cuts that appeared on Jacob after I had done to them myself. Thankfully though, he didn’t get to feel the cold burning scar through his mouth and throat like I do. But that has gotten so much better with the continuation of a healing spell, and wearing gems and crystals special for healing. The scars on us both have disappeared now, even the vampire marks on his own skin are suddenly becoming less cold, the warmth of his skin becoming more even.

With a red, basic gas lighter from the convenient store that I bought the can of compressed air, I lit a big, thick white candle that was anointed with cinnamon oil for the purpose of general cleansing of the candle. I looked up at the full moon above our heads before I continued on, taking in the relaxing feel that slithered over me.

I opened a small jam jar filled with cleansed rainwater, pouring it into a small ceramic bowl that I had made with my mother as child, but not after also lighting a batch of dried sage to clear away the negativity between Jacob and I.

With Jacob’s help, he sprinkled a handful of Cinnamon, which filled the air with its beautiful, warm scent. It is for personal healing, protection, and though my grandmother wrote down Blessed Thistle as the first ingredient, I decided instead that Cinnamon would be better for this purpose.

After Jacob helped me create a sort of strange mixture of ingredients and herbs that I placed on the burner between us, the candle still burning beside the burner. A few minutes on the burner, with me stirring it so as not to burn at the bottom, the mixture had browned and I carefully poured the mixture into a small little sack, sealing the top of the sack with the white candle wax.

Carefully, I let big mounds of the wax collect onto the opening of the tiny sack, the mixture already trying to ooze through the weaving, but that’s suppose to happen. I know that, a gift to nature, a gift to the Goddess of the Moon, with the wax, and the herbs that turned brown because its sort of a strange henna like mixture, and with the words that Jacob will chant with me, should instantly ease up the tension between us. Its sort of a general spell for making things better, which is exactly what we need so much right now.

Once the sack was completely sealed, I took the big spoon that Jacob stole from Sue’s kitchen, I dug up the earth in the middle of the circle, after Jacob moved the burner to his side. Soon I placed the sack inside, but before I could fully bury the sack we had to chant.

“You must believe that this will work, Jacob.” I told him in a soft whisper, “Or it won’t. And we need this. I need this.”

He nodded slowly, and I wasn’t exactly sure if he did believe that the ritual like spell would work or not. But I knew that, with all my heart I believed every word that was now spilling out of my mouth.

“Goddess of the Moon, I ask of thee to ensure the betterment.” I spoke, Jacob repeating after me, “And I ask of thee to protect us from evil intentions. Goddess of the Moon, I ask of thee to bind us strong, never our will shall break again.”

“So mote it be.”

“So mote it be.” He repeated after me.

What was done was done, and after completely burring the oozing sack, I could tell that peace had been put in place of the heaviness on my shoulders. The spell was working. Jacob believed. I believed.

Most of all. I wasn’t going to let this build up inside of me.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Until the next adventure begins, of course.
Prepare for the sequel, Vermilion.
Thank you for reading, I much appreciate it, and hope it interested you.