Sequel: Vermilion
Status: Finished, with sequal.

Dazed and Abused

5

I could see the horizon line begin to fill up with the skyline of Port Angeles, Washington. I was in the backseat of the car, to be more specific the backseat of Bella’s friend’s car. This Alice, who didn’t even look remotely human, was driving faster then I’d allow, but Bella seemed pretty use to it.

“I don’t know why I even agreed to this…” I grumbled, holding on to my stomach as I felt the speed of the car just accelerate. Bella’s head turned to give me a sideways smile.

“Your doing this for Jacob.”

“Why do I even fucking care about that? He’s an asshole.”

“Elaine, Jacob cares about you…” Alice tried to reason, her eyes locking with mine through the review mirror. “And you’ve got to understand that Jacob wasn’t intending to hurt you in anyway. He was doing what he thought was best.

“Plus you can’t deny unconditional love.”

“Unconditional love? I hope your not talking about those stupid Quileute legends that Billy referred to as, quote in quote, real.” I spoke as I sat up in the seat and rubbed my temples with my fingers. The last couple of days have left me fatigued and headache ridden, because I couldn’t stop thinking about his eyes.

“Imprinting is real, Elaine. Nearly everything you thought was a myth and just child stories are real.” Alice counter argued, but I waved her off.

“Seriously, so now your telling me vampires are real too?”

“Well…your arguing with one.”

**

“Where’s Elaine?” Jacob asked as he stepped into Mike’s familiar and warm house. He needed to speak to her after his father got that worried call from Mike, seeing as most of this was all of his fault.

“Well, Bella and a friend of hers came and picked her up…said they wanted to cheer her up a bit.” Jacob raised an eyebrow curiously.

“Bella…and what did the other girl look like?”

“A little short, brown hair…real nice looking.”

“Alice…” Jacob growled before stepping out the front door and slamming it shut. How did he know this would happen?

**

“You think shopping is going to warm me up?” I asked them as Alice’s grip on my wrist tightened, for a girl so small, she was strong as hell.

“We could have gone some place better then this, but I’m afraid that if we snuck her off too far Jacob would start to get a little over-protective.” Alice spoke to Bella, and in response she chuckled and looked at the ground.

“Over-protective? Do you know how weird this is?” They were ignoring me, simply blowing me off as I continued to bitch and whine as the seconds, the minutes passed by us. We continued to walk past every store in the mall, Alice not bothering to share a glance into them. I wasn’t sure where she was taking me, Bella didn’t seem to have much of an idea either, she was stumbling on her feet as if she was lost.

“He’s going to be angry…he told us not to talk to her.” Bella warned Alice, looking at her attentively before giving up and looking away. I just gazed between them to see the stores keep passing us by, Alice still not glancing in either of them. Oh look, a men’s shoe store. Smells like leather.

“I just want her to realize how much it hurts him that it hurts her.” That’s when I tried to pull away from her, finally not giving up on the fight, I was struggling, pushing my feet down into the linoleum to give me some ground but as I tried she was still able to drag me. It proves I underestimate everybody.

**

Jacob told Alice, in her face, that she was not aloud to pull any stunt that would possibly ruin what he had built up from three days ago. But she did it anyone, stole Elaine away to possibly saturate her with memories that made everyone hurt. Even Edward was a little sympathetic to have heard what was going on, even told Jacob straight that he was sorry for Elaine. That was going to change anything.

Elaine was thick headed and very stubborn, loved to send everyone on a wild goose chase until they finally get to the center of her heart, where he had once been. But he knocked himself off that pedestal, and now he’s going to get himself back up there no matter what it might take.

**

“So is all this really real?” I asked as I slurped down the icy that Alice bought me at the convenient store the way home. We’d shopped, for three hours straight and while Alice may have three bags (with four others stuffed into each, to save room) I only had one big one from Hot Topic, so typically right?

“Yes.”

“What is imprinting?”

“It’s an unconditional love, prove that you guys were meant to be with one another.”

“That’s such bullshit…Do you know how much that pisses me off right there?” I growled as I let my mouth fall away from the straw and lean back against my chair. I heard Bella huff, whether it was meant to be in sarcastic, “I can’t believe your stubbornness” sort of huff or what but I was offended…I hated her.

“Jacob loves you. Quit being so stubborn.”

“It’s in her nature.” There was a deep change in the tone, from the girly, high pitched ones I’ve been hearing all fucking day to the one I’ve found myself despising for two years, and then suddenly falling head over heals for that tone once again. I’m so…ridiculous.

But we all stared in awe as Jacob sat down beside me, his chest in full view of the food court, girls were staring. He didn’t seem to pay any mind to them, in fact, he was only staring at my stunned expression waiting for me to say something sarcastic and profane. He had it coming.

“How the fuck did you get here?”

“I ran.”

No comment. I was absolutely speechless and I didn’t know how to explain my mixed emotions, because not only was I surprised but I was a little pissed off. He ran? You’ve got to be shitting me.

“Your such a twat-wad…you didn’t run.”

“Yes I did.”

“Shut the fuck up, no you didn’t.”

“Elaine…come with me.” And he took my hand and stole me away.

“I’ll drop your stuff off!!” Alice screamed before we were away from the food court and walking swiftly down the hallway. Girls were still staring, even looking at me a little weirdly as I continued to struggle, just as I was when Alice was dragging me.

Yes, ladies, I DON’T want him to kidnap me. Thanks for wondering.

It was night now, considering we’d spent such a long time here at this stupid mall buying stupid things-well…whatever I bought wasn’t stupid, because its mine. But Alice spent way too much time trying to configure outfits for both her and Bella, who was trying to pry the clothes from her. Bella had enough sense to tell that we were spending way too much time…already. I thought we weren’t done while we made our way to the food court, however, I thought she was going to slip into another store and spend another half hour while my tummy turned and gurgled for food.

Jacob stopped abruptly at the end of the parking lot, where we seemed entirely alone. That it was just us, the sky and the parking lot. His face was so straight, not a quiver of the corner of his lips as he stared at me.

“What I’m about to do might…scare you. But…”

“But because of the circumstances I have no other choice, right?” I finished his sentence for him, and I saw it bothered him, just a tiny bit. He nodded before looking at the ground with a smug smile. I knew that smile…all to well.

“Okay, before I do this I need to…take off my shorts.”

“Oh for the love of God, I hope your not going to rape me in the parking lot…” I spoke dramatically, watching his expression go from embarrassed to pissed off in one second flat.

He didn’t even reply, just quickly took off his shorts…in front of me by the way, no doubt it was a great view, and then all I heard was crackling and what I thought to be a boom. Soon enough, Jacob disappeared and what stood in his place was a Godzilla large wolf with dark, terracotta colored fur and big black eyes.

That’s when my world just crumbled into bits and pieces and I sunk to the floor without giving “Jacob” the wolf man another glance.

I was absolutely overwhelmed from head to toe, and I could feel myself break out in a cold sweat as my stomach began to feel queasy. His nose nudged my forehead, now wet with…wet nose stuff as I closed my eyes and laid completely on the pavement.

“Jacob…” I whimpered. “I seriously don't’ think I can survive this relationship.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I stopped the journal entries because the one in the fourth chapter was the last one she wrote.