Midnight Runner

Chapter 17: Preparation.

I herd voices one sounded like an elderly women and the other sounded like. “Jacob!” I yelled when I jumped out of bed noticing Jacob was standing right there looking at me in shock. “Wait, Jacob?” I asked as the nurse was in her office calling Uncle Mark. “Surprised?” He chuckled lightly. “Yah, I thought you didn’t want to see me anymore even as a friend.” I paused and took a breath and continued talking fast. “I mean I don’t know what I did and I don’t know why being around you can change my….” Jake’s lips pressed against mine to stop me. He had his large hands on both sides of my face kissing me. It was a forced gentle kiss that made me melt and that made me feel better.

Jake slowly pulled away from my lips and leaned his forehead on mine. His breath was hot and slow with his eyes shut. “I love you.” He said slowly keeping his eyes shut. Those words made me so happy he didn’t even know how great I felt just now. Giggling I leaned in to kiss him and pulled away with his forehead still on mine. “Why are you laughing?” He was confused. “I’m utterly happy Jake.” I smiled. “I love you two.” He kissed me again before the nurse came out. “Your Uncle can’t come and get you, do you want to try and stay?” She looked at me and then Jake who was now sitting in the chair by her office. “I’m feeling better I think I will try to stay.” I smiled lightly because now I really wanted to stay.

She gave me a note as we walked back to gym class where it was now time to change. I changed back into my regular clothes and walked out of locker room where all of them stood smiling. “Welcome back, buddy.” Embry walked over to me and put his arm around my shoulder. “Back off.” Jake growled pushing his arm off and his on. We laughed. We walked to lunch. The rest of that day went amazing. The rest of the week passed so fast it made me cry.

I finished my homework and exhaled in a deep breath and I felt good that today was a Friday meaning I could sleep in tomorrow. I walked down stairs where I saw Uncle Mark, Billy, Charlie and Harry sitting in the living room cheering and yelling like a bunch of little kids. “Hey Kiddo!” Charlie turned around waving to me. “Hi.” I smiled and waved back. I had kept my converse on and stepped outside to where the day was still nice and sunny. I walked over to the old wooden swing that was tied to a huge tree branch. I sat on it picking my feet up and swaying back in forth steadily. Until I felt a pair of hands on my back push me forward. “Jacob!” I yelled laughing as he pushed me high up. “Not to high cause this can break at any moment.” I yelled looking back at him as I watched him smile big.

Life was getting better and better each moment. I had no worries and when I did it instantly got melted away when I saw someone that I cared for. I got out my pajamas and laid in bed staring out my window with my ear buds in and one song playing that fit my mood. Ordinary Miracle by Sarah McLachlan was the song that played. I remember a long time when Thomas and my dad were still alive when Thomas tucked me in he would say “Every time you feel alone or so happy you could float away just look up at the stars and I’ll be there waiting for your smile.” He said that the night before he and dad died.

Howling. Wolf Howling. Wind. Dark clouds. Screams. Blood. A Nightmare. I threw myself out of bed wiping my face from the sweat. “Not again.” My head hurt. This was the third time I had dreamed about something horrible that seemed so real. The birds chirped, the cool breeze blew into my room gently and the sun hit my legs perfectly. It was a sunny warm day. Perfect weather for a bonfire get together. I walked downstairs putting my hair up in a ponytail. “Hey sweet heart can you help me make the food for later?” He looked at me with pleading eyes. He didn’t have to say any more, the kitchen was a mess and he had flour all over him.

It took all day to make all the food that Uncle Mark promised to do. I sighed sitting down on the chair wiping my sweat off as I realized I was still in my pajamas. “You know I haven’t even gotten dressed yet and it’s 4:00 in the afternoon!” I shouted in frustration at Uncle Mark. “Sorry, I needed your help I suck at cooking.” He rubbed his head making the flour that was on his hands in his hair. “It’s fine, you did need help but I better go get ready.” I walked up stairs and pulled out a white dress and dark blue flats because I felt like being girly today and because I got to see Jacob.

We packed all the food in his car safely and drove out to Billy’s. “So are you and Jacob dating?” Uncle Mark nudged me. “What, where did you hear this?” I freaked out I didn’t know why but it was still awkward hearing that word. “I don’t know I guess.” I blushed heavily turning away. “Well Billy says that Jacob seams so much happier and he always talks about you, but like that was a big change from before.” Uncle Mark smiled big nudging me. He was happy, I was happy, Jake was happy, and everyone else was happy.

The engine stopped out on the curb of Jacob’s house. When I saw Jake walk out smiling a smile grew on my face. I got out of the car, ran and jumped on Jacob hugging him tightly; I hadn’t seen him since yesterday. He laughed hugging me back tightly, he had one hand around the middle of my back and the other under my but holding me up. He pulled his face away to see mine. “If you want to do that, don’t wear a dress.” He looked at me sternly. “What, why?” Confusing, his words were. “Silly, because people can see under it when you wrap your legs around me.” He smiled kissing me. “But I really like this dress.” I pouted looking into his beautiful brown eyes. “I like it to, but it’s also too tempting.” He smirked a cute smirk. “Your teasing me, and I’m afraid if you keep doing that I won’t be able to hold back any longer.” He smiled bright as he said it quieter than the other things he said even if Uncle Mark and Billy were already inside. “What about if I don’t want you to hold back?” I looked at him being somewhat serious. “Paige, we aren’t talking about this today.” He sighed trying to kiss me as I put a finger on his lips. “That’s not fair Jake.” I pouted again. “We’ll talk about this tomorrow.” He smiled carrying me into the house. “Fine.” I kept pouting as I crossed my arms against his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
the chapters are going to be getting hotter ;]