Midnight Runner

Chapter 22: Coming to a dream.

I waited and waited for him to continue on with what he wanted. I went to go pat him on the shoulder when my hand fell right through his body. “Embry?” I questioned freaking out. It ended.

I flew out of bed pulling my hair out of my eyes. It was a dream but it didn’t feel like it. It was so real I could feel the beach in between my toes and the wind in my hair and the scent of Embry who had a unique different smell to him every time I saw him. I hated having dreams like that they started when I moved back to Washington five months ago. They were random but all felt like that.

I looked at my digital clock on my purple vase like nightstand and it read 6:13 am. “Crap.” I murmured knowing that once I woke up I couldn’t go back to sleep. I slipped on my white and green sandals, throwing on a light grey peace signed jacket, grabbing the keys to the house and I stepped outside. I needed to go for a walk. I was stressing way too much and that’s what made me feel tired constantly.

Chicago air was completely different from Washington air. It had a totally different taste and smell to it. I wanted to cry. I wanted to give up. I wanted Jacob back. But how can you want something back if you never had it in the first place. Sighing I stuck my hands in the pockets walking slower as I did. I wondered what Embry was going to say? I wondered what he needed help with? Was it Jake? No I couldn’t be he’s fine. Right? Right?

I couldn’t take it anymore my head hurt so much already. Just thinking about him made it worse. I needed to know and the only ways I could find out what he needed is one wait for the next dream or take a flight back to Forks to find out. Yet again my head was filled with crazed thoughts that I couldn’t let go nor did I want to.

I walked further than I expected to until I came back to the house where the clock read 8:20am. “Hi honey did you enjoy the walk?” My mother smiled turning her head towards me getting breakfast ready. “Yah it was enjoyable.” Smiling I walked up stairs plopping my body onto the bed flipping out my phone dialing Embry’s number. I waited. “Hello?” He questioned. “Embry this may sounds strange but I saw you in a dream.” I stopped waiting for his reply. “I’m glad you did get that, yes I need your help.” He sighed in relief knowing I did get his message. “Is it Jake? Embry is it Jake.” I strained from yelling I tried but it blurted out. “Yes.” He sighed and his voice tone changed.

“What happened?” I wasn’t freaking out anymore. “Well Alyssa is here.” Embry paused. “Who’s Alyssa?” I asked flipping onto my back. “You mean Jacob never told you about Alyssa?” He paused again. “No, now who is Alyssa!?” I raised my voice. “It was actually Jacob’s second fucked up love.” He cussed that was the first. “Why do you need me?” I was somewhat disgusted. “Well when Jacob was in the relationship she made him kill other people just to quench her thirst.” He stopped. “You need to come down here and push her away from Jake.” Embry stopped. “Yah why not, sounds like fun.” I laughed a little. “Alright.” Embry sounded better. I flipped it shut throwing it on my bed. I walked down stairs looking at my mom who had breakfast on the table. “Mom do you mind if I go to Forks tomorrow I want to see Uncle Mark.” I sat down looking at her. “Sure I’ll arrange for a plane their and back.”

“Thanks mom.” I smiled beginning to gulp down my eggs while I began to think. What kind of person was this Alyssa if she made Jake’s life worse? Was she really Jakes second love? When did they fall in love? Why wasn’t I not too worried about it? Maybe it was because I didn’t have to worry about anything since Jake didn’t love me? It was just some other questions that intruded my head.

With all the stars in the sky and the fishes in the sea I promise to love you until the last star cannot twinkle and the last fish cannot swim anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 more comments until the next chapter :]