Midnight Runner

Chapter 25: Goodbye.

I finally stood up from the couch already pissed off that the guys couldn't tell us one single thing when we knew they were up to something. I stomped my way into the kitchen. "Jacob." Before stopping and realizing that they had jumped out the kitchen window. I walked back into the living room with four pair of eyes staring at me. "So?" Emily questioned trying to lead me on into what happened. "They aren't there." I put my hands on my hips saying it pretty blunt. "What!?" Leah jumped up from the couch and stomped into the kitchen noticing that Paige was right. "They never fucking tell me anything!" Leah screamed walking out the door. "Thinks' she's mad?" Emily trying to ease the tension in the room.

Soon after Emily and I followed Leah and found that it was hard to keep up with her fast pace. "Leah slow down!" Emily yelled right as Leah swung around holding out her sharp claws and aiming for her. It went black but when I opened my eyes I was covering Emily and I saw the sorrowful expression on Leah's face. "I'm sorry." Leah whispered before she ran off. "Leah!" I screamed waiting for her to turn back around but nothing. "You didn't have to do that?" Emily pulled my arm to her face looking at the horrible claw marks that ran down from my shoulder to my wrist. "No it's fine, I wanted to." I smiled already loosing feeling in my arm because of the tramatic blood loss. "Let's go!" Emily tried to usher me to her house. "Emily I can't move." I tried to keep my eyes simple and happy but that soon failed as soon I fell to the ground grasping my arm trying not to scream in pain. "We have to call the boys." Emily stood up about to yell for them. "Emily no." I reached my hand up but it instantly fell.

Why of all people was I the one to get hurt, captured, and thrown around? I sat there in the middle of the street grasping my arm with full force. I didn't want to call the pack mainly Jake. I wanted him to see I could do it all on my own. But honestly could I really survive on my own if Jacob left for good? I sat there my shoulders and neck started to go numb but I ignored it pulling the thought from all parts of my mind. "Paige?" Emily called she seemed so distant and so scared. "You have lost so much blood." Even with the ripped pieces from the shirts around my arm it still managed to bleed threw the fabric. "I'm fine." I lied once again to a close friend. I lied a lot even to Jacob the very man I loved. "It's fine just let me sit here for a while." I sighed trying to keep the relief in my voice but strained from the thought. I sat on the cold wet street gasping for air holding now onto my heart and not my arm. My heart the disease was back and was growing rapidly my breathing became heavy and fast then my eyesight became dark.

I woke up to a hospital room family, friends and doctors surrounded the bed in the small fumagated room. "What's wrong?" I asked opening my eyes fully to see my mom there crying. "Honey." Mom grabbed my hand shakingly. "I love you so much." She repeated the same words over and over until it rung in my ears like a broken record with nothing left to be broken. "Mom?" I whispered confused in sorrow. She didn't answer but the doctor told everyone to get out except her. Mom sat down in the chair sliding it up to the bed. "Honey." She said with a lighter tone grabbing my hand squeezing it gently. "You had a heart attack today." She smiled with a weak smile looking like she hadn't slept for days. "The doctor said that jump started the disease again and it's now 10 times worse." She paused hickuping to keep the pain locked up inside. "You don't have much time to live." Mom cried like no other. I stopped, hearing the words ring in my ears. The doctor came in and held mom and walked out closing the door.

I was in this cold plain room alone, left to think about my death. "I'm going to die." I hickuped and the tears started to flow down my cheeks as I tried to wipe them with my hands. "Paige." Jacob opened the door already in heart break as he rushed to my aid holding me in his arms, cradling me back and forth until the tears stopped at the bottom of my eyes. "Jacob I love you so much." I whispered not wanting to cry. "And I love you Paige." He held me tighter wrapping me in his warmth. "It will be alright, okay?" He calmed me but down in his heart I knew he was feeling the same pain. "Yah." I paused catching a short breath. "I will be with my dad and Thomas up in heaven." I moved my face to the side still breathing but steadier. "Yah." Jacob replied. "I don't want to lose you but you won't be in pain where you will be going." He smiled kissing then pulling away after a couple minutes. "I will be with you heart and soul." He smiled once more before my tears welled up and............

"I love you." Jacob whispered. Paige shut her eyes for good hearing the last few words that she always loved to hear. The once soothing light room was now a dark hole of sorrow but no more pain. Jacob held onto Paige tighter rocking back and forth hoping she was just pretending. A light shot up from her body and Paige's soul was in the light floating up to a heaven that only Jake could see. A few seconds passed by as he watched the light start to fade and along with the happiness the light fully disappeared. Jacob laid the empty shell back on the bed. Hearing the horrifying machine in the back tell him that her heart stopped beating.
One by one the doctors, Paige's mom and the pack rushed in. Screams and tears filled the air as they all felt a chill run down their back because for once in their life the person who they cared deeply for from childhood to now was the only person who made life...life.

[Two Weeks Later]

Everybody walked up to her cascate where her body lay peacefully. Each of them laid down red roses around her trying not to cry as that’s what she had wanted. Jacob was the last to walk up to her. In one hand he held a white rose and in the other a letter. He gently put both of the items in her hands.
“Goodbye.”

Paige Hope Wilkins
1992 - 2009
In loving memory of
Paige who was not only
a loyal daughter but a
great friend to all.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter has been re-edited since I will NOT be doing a sequel. Different Ending. Very sorry.

Enjoy if you are a first time reader.