Midnight Runner

Chapter 5: A problem to a cure.

Jacob took a little while until he went human form. “AH! Jake where are your clothes!?” I yelled covering my eyes while trying to hold back my laughter. “Well when you go to wolf form you can’t always bring your clothes with you.” He laughed while he patted my back. “I can’t talk to you if you’re naked!” I screamed again taking off my dark purple robe and handing it to him. “Do you honestly think this will fit me?” He questioned the robe, the color and the fact that it was mine. “No but at least you won’t be naked anymore.” Chuckling I could tell he put it on cause of the sound movements clothes made. “So explain to me why you’re a wolf?” As he went on for a whole straight hour explaining who he was, what the others were, who the Cullen’s were, and what imprinting was. We sat there most of the night enjoying life, talking about each other to each other and talking about Bella and how Jake had loved her so much.

But something in my gut told me that this happiness wouldn’t last forever.

“Hey Jake I better get back to my room before Uncle Mark thinks anything of it.” Smiling I got up dusting off my moose pajamas and the coolest Eskimo-like slippers you would ever see. “Here.” Jacob was about to take off the only piece of clothing that was on his muscular warm body. “Woh, Jake just keep the robe until you get around to washing it.” I laughed walking off to the house to look back to see that he had already faded away into the last flame of the moon.

“Paige!” A distant voice yelled to me. “Paige!” It repeated. “Paigee bear!” I woke up to the nickname only Thomas would call me and he was the only one ever to call me that. “What!?” I scowled at him in little disappointment. “I’m going to work.” He said as he kissed my forehead walking off. “That’s all you wanted to say, you could have just left a note!” Kicking my bed I plopped my head back down to the bed.

It had been two years since Dad and Thomas died. It had been two years since mom has been in her permanent depression stage. And it had been two years since life got harder. No one really knew what pain and suffering I was experiencing and it got even worse because I handled this all alone from the very start.

On top of that it was the deal with Jacob and the others they were wolfs, and their enemies the Cullen’s also known to them as “bloodsuckers” or “leaches” and this whole imprinting thing…it makes me wonder if Jacob has yet imprinted on anyone.

The day had passed rather slow cause remembering the past was supposed to be a good thing but it felt as if someone took a knife to my heart and moved it around until the hole got wide enough to be able to dig your hands in. My heart and soul hurt and ached and called for release but suicide wasn’t an opition for me but the way Jacob was tearing my heart apart he might as well had murdered me and told the police it was suicide.

I had two different paths to walk down but I could only take one and leave the other. One path said to go back to Chicago and forget about Jacob once and for all and the second path said stay and tear Jacob apart just like he did me. But I couldn’t, I wouldn’t and I would never do it so the other choice was to leave.

I had always given thought about death and how I would die. I would die without the person I loved right be side me so honestly… I was scared to die alone.

I had my bags ready to go, a letter on the table why I was going back and the extra set of keys just in case if I ever needed them. Waiting in the airport seemed so lonely even if there were over 200 hundred people wondering around but out of those 200 hundred people I herd that same voice. “Paige, where do you think your going!?” I turned around to see Jacob standing 50 feet away. If it weren’t for the pole I was leaning against I would have fallen to my knees. “I’m going home!” I yelled back to him as I saw him shake his head. “The place where your dad and your brother died, the place where your mom is physically and mentally unable to work and the place were you don’t have me!?” I shook my head trying to hide back the tears that wanted to overflow my feelings. “You can’t!” He screamed again as he walked closer to me. “No Jake don’t get any closer, you’re the problem why I have this problem with my heart!” He didn’t listen but walked closer until he was five feet away from me. “If I’m the problem then why is it every time you’re with me your heart doesn’t seem to hurt?” He was right every time we were together there was nothing wrong with my heart. “You need me, just like I need you and just like you won’t understand why I imprinted on you when we first met when we were kids.” Jacob took a breath and wrapped his muscular arms around me and engulfed me in his warmth. “So you simply cannot leave.” He smiled as he hugged me tighter and for once in my life, dieing didn’t seem so bad mainly if I had the person I always wanted to be there too.