Life on Banana Street

That's a Lawsuit

-The Next Morning-

I was awake for about an hour, but I was still laying in bed waiting for Billie to wake up. Finally he stirred. I got out of the bed and kissed him. “Mmm…what was that for?”

“For being so sweet. For remembering our childhood.”

“I thought you were mad at me for being drunk last night.”

“I was, and then, you saved the day.”

“What did I do?”

“You put Joey in the daycare we went to.” He smiled and I kissed him again.

“You stay here, I’ll go get you some breakfast and coffee.”

“You’re too good to me,” he said.

“No, you’re too good to me.” He smiled again and lay his head back down.

-About 30 Minutes Later-

I was heading back to the bedroom with Billie’s breakfast when someone knocked on the door. “Just a minute!” I sat down the tray at the end of the stairs and answered the door. A bunch of cops were at the door. “May I help you officers?”

“Is the resident…” He looked at his book. “Billie Joe Armstrong here?”

“Yes, what’s the charges?”

“He’s being charged with assault to a Mr. Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III.” Oh shitake mushrooms.

“Wait, is he dead?”

“No, injured. Is he here or not?” I can’t believe I was going to turn in my husband.

“Yes. He’s upstairs.” I was going to bail him out anyway. A file of men jogged upstairs and busted down each door until they found him. I was crying there silently when I saw the sight of Billie being carried by his arms down the stairs.

“Addie how could you?” were his last words as he was pushed into the police car. Great. Not only is my husband in jail, but he made me feel guilty about it.

-Court Day-

“All rise.” Everyone stood up so the judge can be seated. “Have a seat. Mr. Armstrong. You were charged with assault to Mr. Wentz. Do you have anything to add to that?”

“Oh, so he can kill me and not get shit and I hardly touch him and I get charged?”

“What are you talking about, Mr. Armstrong? He killed you?”

“Yes, he killed me. 8 months ago.”

“This is the sorriest story I’ve ever heard,” the judge said.

“Your honor,” Billie’s judge interrupted. “Mr. Armstrong was murdered on the 29th of March. He mysteriously came back to life on the 7th of April.”

“I can’t believe what I’m listening to, but Mr. Wentz, you’re under arrest for the murder of Billie Joe Armstrong. Mr. Armstrong, you’re free to go.” Billie jumped out of his chair and ran over to me and kissed me.

“Thank you,” he finally said.

“For what? I basically turned you in.”

“For hiring that awesome lawyer.”

“Lawyer? That’s just Mike in a suit.” Billie looked at Mike.

“Oh dude. I must be high or something.”

“Dresses up really nice doesn’t he?”

“Yeah…”

-Home-

We were having a ‘Congratulations You’re Not In Jail’ party for Billie and almost 30 people showed up. “Bill, do you even know some of these people?”

“No, but the more the merrier!” Yeah, he was getting drunk. “Ads, what ever happened to the fun Adeline? Now you’re just a walking stiff.”

“Thanks, but I had a kid that’s what’s wrong.”

“So…Joey’s not here.” He grabbed my arm and motioned to dance. “We can do whatever we want.” Billie and I were kissing after a while when this guy grabbed me and turned me around to him and started dancing with me.

“Hey, I’m Adam.”

“Addie.”

“You wanna make out?” He asked me.

“No! I’m married!”

“Teenagers aren’t supposed to be married.”

“I’m 23.” He put his hands on my neck and kissed me. I tried to push him off but he wouldn’t budge. But he did. When Billie punched the fuck out of him.

“Hey man! What do you think you’re doing?” Adam said rubbing his ear where Billie punched him.

“What am I doing? What am I doing? You were kissing my girl!”

“You’re girl? She said she wanted me,” he said putting his arm around me, pulling me close to him.

“Get off of me! I never said anything!” The music suddenly stopped.

“Hey, hey I don’t want no trouble.”

“Too late,” Billie said hurling towards him and knocking him down. Billie punched him several times before Adam fought back. He got up and grabbed my hand and took me outside. He couldn’t handle it. Billie launched himself through the window and jumped on his back. “I don’t think so! You let my wife go right now!” Everyone crowded around them.

“Billie, no. He’s huge. He will eat you.”

“I don’t care! He’s not leaving here tonight with you.”

“I’m not leaving here tonight with him. Just stop before you get charged again.” Adam stopped and looked at me.

“Charged?” He He this is the best part. Billie jumped towards him and punched his head while he was distracted. He went down. I think he got KOed.

“Everyone out now!” Billie yelled and there was a mad scramble towards the door. He grabbed my hand and took me upstairs. “I’m rowled up now.”

“Are you suggesting what I think you’re suggesting?”

“You bet your fucking hot ass I am.” I smiled and put my arms around his neck and we fell on the bed. I woke up the next morning on the floor and Billie was asleep against the wall. Jesus Christ we just went around the whole room last night didn’t we? Obviously because…everything was…everywhere. I got dressed quickly and went to Kate’s house to get Joey.

“Oh hey Ads! Joey was no trouble at all. He barely cried.”

“Yeah, the doctors said he would be a gifted child since he hardly cried.” I took Joey home and made breakfast before Billie got up. He stumbled into the living room with his sleep pants and no shirt (so hot) to the bar of the kitchen and was rubbing his eyes. “Morning sunshine,” I said. He waved. “Just don’t ask me how the interview went yesterday.”

“How did the interview go yesterday,” he said uninterested.

“There wasn’t an interview.”

“Then what was all that about?”

“I got the job.” He climbed over the counter and kissed me.

“I’m so proud of you, babe!” He said so excited.

“Thanks, and you’ll like it there. It’s for punks.”

“You callin’ me a punk?”

“Your stereotype…”

“Oh. You mean Hot Topic?” He asked scratching his head.

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“Me and the guys went there when we were on tour for Kerplunk.”

“Oh, speaking of which, when is Insomniac coming out?”

“Sometime soon. We’re still working on it. It’ll probably be done by September.”

“Well I’m excited.” CD’s reminded me of Tre. When I went to his house for Christmas when we were making out to an AC\DC song. I missed Tre. “Billie, how’s Tre doing since you know, we got married?”

“Fine, you know how he forgives and forgets.”

“Yeah, but I think he thinks we kinda went out when you were dead.”

“How and why would he think that?”

“Because I stayed with him. I was just staying there until I could regain myself, and then, you came back.”

“Oh, well, if he ever asks I’ll tell him.” I hugged him. “You know, it’s funny. It seems just like yesterday we were in eighth grade, making fun of Nicky.” He laughed. “Whatever happened to that fat ass?”

“I’m not sure, the last time I saw him, I was putting a baby up for adoption.”

“You got pregnant?” He asked getting serious.

“No, a lady left a baby on me and Gabe’s apartment.”

“You put it up for adoption?!”

“Well Billie I wasn’t going to keep it! I wasn't ready! Me and Gabe weren't [i[that serious!”

“We could have raised it. Just think how God awful that baby is living right now. They probably killed it.”

“Well that may be true, but I couldn’t have raised it with Gabe, he would have killed it knowing his temper.” He was pacing around the kitchen with his hand over his eyes, making him not looking at me. “I guess I shouldn’t tell you about when I was pregnant…with Tre.” He stopped pacing.

“What? When I was alive?”

“We weren’t going out. I was 14.”

“You had sex when you were 14?! What is wrong with you?”

“Billie, you didn’t know me back then, I was a lot different.”

“I didn’t know you? What do you mean I didn’t know you? I know you better than your own brother!”

“I didn’t mean that, I was just going through some tough times then when you moved.”

“So you fuck Tre behind my back? Without even telling me?”

“I’m sorry Billie! I didn’t tell anyone except my mom and she sent me away for it. I didn’t tell Tre until just recently.”

“I don’t know what to say about this.”

“You don’t have to say anything. It’s in the past now.” I went over to him and put my arms around him. “I love you, Bill. I would never do anything to hurt you.”