Life on Banana Street

Stuck With Me

I sat Joey on my lap and we watched Sam Beyer yell at them at everything they do. I hate Sam Beyer. Well, I watched them film it, it didn’t go so well. “Someone get this baby out of here, we don’t want any extra noise on the copy.”

“You can’t get rid of my kid!” Billie yelled.

“Your kid? Well in that case, get the gold digger out as well.” Sam Beyer said, getting his panties all in a bunch. Yep, yep. This has to be in every chapter. Billie swung at Sam’s nose, causing him to bleed some place other than his pants. Oh, in case you didn’t know, Sam Beyer has periods. “I didn’t take football in high school just to cuddle with stuffed animals.”

“You’re lucky I don’t fire you,” Sam said wiping his nose.

“Where else are you going to find a guitar player and song writer like me?” Mike and Tre got up and went in his face.

“You have no right to fire Bill, he’s a hard worker! He does more than you ever have!”

“If you fire him, you’ll have to fire us too!”

“You’re lucky we don’t fire you!” A collision of words like that filled the air into Sam’s face.

“You know what, I don’t have to put up with this. You can shoot your own damn video.” He left the room they were shooting it in and they just stand there like, ‘What do we do now?’

“Ads, you’re our only hope, you have to shoot the video.”

“Me? I can’t, I was never good with cameras.”

“Please, hun. You’re all we’ve got.” A mixture of pleases quickly surrounded all around me.

“Alright, but you don’t know what you’re dealing with.”

“I’ll show you what to do,” Billie said. He turned his guitar on his back and motioned for me to sit on the chair. “Alright, all you have to do is angle all of these cameras to where you think they’ll look best. So you’ll have all these different screens and in the end, we’ll put it all together.” I arranged the cameras in ways that I’ve always wanted to direct a video and sat at the chair with Joey and watched the guys as they performed a mute concert in front of me.

-Later-

“Ok, guys. Let’s see what Wonder Woman caught on tape.” They crowded around me and I played back what was on the film. “Oh, that looks good right there.” And the conversation fades away. “That was a good day everybody, let’s come back tomorrow for another eventful day.” Mike and Tre were walking towards the exit.

“Hey, Mike can I get a ride home?” Tre asked.

“I am so proud of you,” Billie said looking at me.

“For what?”

“For what? Well for one thing, being an awesome wife. And another for doing what you did today. It was really cool of you.” A small smile approached my face and I looked down.

“Why did Sam have to call me a gold digger?” He pulled up and extra chair and sat close to me. He put his hand under my chin to make me look towards him.

“I don’t know why he’s a dick. But just know, that I would do anything to make you happy. You are everything to me.” He kissed me softly and said, “Now let’s go home.” Of course we rode in different cars because we came in different cars. When we pulled up, we saw Kate in the front yard.

“Kate, what the hell are you doing here?” She turned around revealing her small child. It was black. What the fuck. “What’s wrong?”

“I need Mike, Addie. I don’t know where to find him or where he might be, but I need him back in my life.”

“We’ll get him back. Do you want us to take you there?” She nodded solemnly and headed towards the car. Billie drove across the river to Mike’s small house and we knocked. He opened the door and stood back, almost like he was carried away.

“Kate? What are you doing here? With an adopted child?”

“Mike, he’s not adopted. He’s ours. I need you back in my life.” He moved sideways as almost if he were letting her in, but only to find the shock of her life. Another woman was standing behind him, as if to say ‘Get the fuck out of here.’ “Oh, I see, um. I’m sorry Mike. I didn’t know you were a traitor.” She walked back out to our car and Mike walked out swiftly to her. He pulled her arm to turn her around.

“What the fuck Kate?”

“What? I thought I could trust you.”

“Trust me how? You left me, Kate. I thought we were over."

“We were, but that was until that I realized that I needed you. I still do.”

“You should have thought of that before you broke up with me and called off our engagement. I love you Kate, but we’re history now.” Burn. Kate leaned against the car while I got out and comforted her.

“It’s ok, hun. There are other guys out there.”

“Yes, I know that Addie. But Mike is the one for me.” I don’t know why she liked him so much. He’s ugly as fuck.

“Alright, we’ll take you home, you’ve had a rough day.” Psh if I knew she could have had the best day except for that.

-Back at Home-

I put Joey down to sleep and went in the living room and leaned against Billie. “I love what you do for me,” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“Like when everyone hits on me or insults me, you’re always there to punch them. I love you for it.” He smiled.

“Well no one treats the love of my life like that.” I kissed his cheek.

“And I love how you talk to me like that. It makes me feel important.”

“Well you are important. You’re a permanent member of the Armstrong family.” That I am, that I am.

-The Next Morning-

Billie had his arm around me and I opened my eyes to find his cell phone vibrating on the side table. I wonder why it’s on vibrate… O.o “Hello?” I said in a hushed tone.

“Addie? What are you doing with Bill’s phone?”

“Well I don’t know, we’re sleeping and it’s in the same room as me.”

“Anyways I need to talk to somebody.”

“Who’s stopping you?”

“I need you to open your front door.”

“Why?”

“Just go do it, ok bye.” Freak. I rolled over and kissed Billie’s nose and he woke up.

“I have to go open the door.” He looked puzzled. “Mike told me to.” I got out of the bed and grabbed Joey and opened the door. “Holy fucking shit Mike you scared me.”

“Sorry, but I need to know where Kate is.”

“Now you want her?”

“Well yeah, I couldn’t sleep last night, so I broke up with my girl but it still did no good. I need to know where she is.”

“Her house, probably crying her eyes out. She really loves you Mike, go to her.” He turned around and held up his pointer finger like ‘just a second.’

“Where exactly…is that?” I gave him a piece of paper with directions to Kate’s house on it. Maybe now he’ll leave me alone. Well, we all went to the studio and guess what we saw. Kate and Mike sitting on the couch and of course he was playing the bass.

“I’m guessing you took him back,” I said coming in the room.

“Took him back? He asked me to marry him.”