Life on Banana Street

Fabio

-My POV-

I was back at home, and Billie rarely looked at me. “Hun, what’s wrong?” I asked sitting down in front of him. He was on the couch so I was sitting on the floor.

“I-I can’t s-ay i-it A-ddie,” he butchered.

“Why not?”

“Because it can’t be true.” I looked up at him and crawled into his lap.

“You can tell me anything,” I said staring into his sparkly eyes. He turned away.

“No, Addie.” He sniffed. “You don’t understand. This isn’t something I can just tell you.” He looked back into my eyes as I went in for a kiss, he turned. I pat my leg.

“Ok, Billie. If you don’t want to tell me…that’s fine.” A single tear shed his eye and I wiped it with the hand that wasn’t around his neck. What’s wrong with Billie? Did he get fired or some shit like that?

-Flashback-

We drove off and Billie said, “Well that was awkward.”

“Yeah, but at least she was nice.”

“Yeah.”

We got back to Billie’s apartment and we finished our dinner and after many movies, we finally fell asleep.
“Addie.” I heard and it awoke me.

“What Bill, w-what time is it?”

“Dunno around 3.”

“What the hell why did you wake me up?” I asked rubbing my face. There was a silence and I felt the warmest lips on mine. I knew this was wrong, but it felt so right. I put my arms around his waist and he reached over me to turn on the lamp. “In the light?” I asked.

“Yeah, I can’t see in the dark.” I laughed and he came down and continued kissing me.

-End of Flashback-

I was coming home from the grocery store listening to my favorite song on Insomniac, Stuck With Me.
déjà vu… I hope Billie isn’t cheating… I put my key in the door and all the lights were turned off. The only sources of light were coming from candles every few feet. “Billie?” Silence. “Billie are you here?” I set down the grocery bags on the counter and looked around, heading for the stairs. Someone grabbed my hips and turned me around to them. “Billie? What are you-” He kissed me deeply and I ruffled my fingers through his hair. “What is this for?” I asked when I caught my breath.

“Just because,” he said quietly. I looked up at him and I put my head on his chest. “Come on, let’s go out tonight,” he said.

“Where?”

“Out. Come on you could use it.” We got in the car and he drove to once again, the nicest restaurant in town. And Fabio was there. We sat at the booth where Billie asked me to marry him. “Marry me, Adeline Hersh. Be mine. Forever and ever.” I swallowed my food.

“Well this isn’t the most romantic way to propose. I just stuffed my face and everything.” He looked down to his salad.

“You won’t will you?”

I placed my hands on his face to make him look at me. “Of course I will. After all, I do need some help with your child.”
I leaned against him and he put his arm around me so we occupied one seat. “Billie…”

“Yeah?”

“Tell me what’s been bothering you.” He hesitated and I was about to change the subject when he said, “It’s nothing, honey. But I do want you to know that I will always love you no matter what happens to you.” What is he talking about? ‘No matter what happens to me?’

“I love you. No matter what.”