Life on Banana Street

The Best Of Both Worlds

Well, unfortunately, I’m not dying. Damn. ALTERNATE REALITY.

-Flashback-

The first day of my senior year. It’s fantastic, I tell ya. Only one more year. And I’ll be free of anyone’s hospitality. No more teachers, no more homework, no more high school drama. I just have to make it past this year. I snapped on my necklace that Tre had given me long ago and I heard a honk outside of my house. I peeked out the window, although I already knew who was outside, waiting for me to take me to school. My love, forever. Tre. I smiled and dashed down the steps and out the front door, thinking about nothing except that I get to see my boyfriend forever to come. He reached over and opened the door and I got in and immediately attached to his lips. I’d missed him so much; he’d been gone most the summer to somewhere in Vermont to visit his family and got back last night. We broke away suddenly and Tre stared into my eyes. “I missed you sooo much,” he said and kissed me quickly.

“I missed you, too. Never leave me again.”

“I refuse to go anywhere without you. The whole time I was up there, all I could think of was you. Kissing you, looking at you, being with you, holding you, and then being depressed because you were so far away. It was terrible. I hope I’m never torn between my family and you ever again.” He touched my nose and I giggled slightly, closed my eyes, and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Ah, that’s much better than a pillow,” I mused. He touched my face without warning and my warm face was suddenly cold with his freezing fingers. Vermont.

-End of Flashback-

Tre’s POV

-Flashback-

I was so miserable this past summer without my Addie by my side. Torture, I tell ya. Pure torture. I was sitting outside her house studying my fingernails when I glanced at the clock. 7:20. HONK! I looked up at her window and caught a glimpse of her peeking through the blinds and her eyes turned excited as I tried to hide my impassibility. I reached over the seat to unlock the door for her to get in and as soon as she did, she was like a vacuum that was suctioned to my face. We broke away suddenly and I stared into her eyes. “I missed you sooo much,” I said and kissed her quickly.

“I missed you, too. Never leave me again.”

“I refuse to go anywhere without you. The whole time I was up there, all I could think of was you. Kissing you, looking at you, being with you, holding you, and then being depressed because you were so far away. It was terrible. I hope I’m never torn between my family and you ever again.”

I touched her nose and she giggled slightly, closed her eyes, and rested her head on my shoulder.

“Ah, that’s much better than a pillow,” she mused.

I touched her face slightly and she jumped at excitement.

I can’t tell her what went on in Vermont. Never.

Trust me, Addie. It’s better you not knowing.

The best for both worlds.