Life on Banana Street

Sherlock

I had fallen asleep again and when I woke up, I looked at the clock and it was 10:07.

I walked downstairs and Billie had fixed himself some breakfast and some coffee.

“Hello, love,” I said and put my arms around him.

He choked on his muffin. [ugly cupcake]

“Mornin’ Ads.” He drank some coffee. “Sup?”

I chuckled. [you chuckler you!] I kissed his cheek and he got up to put his plate in the sink. “Nothing. I just feel different this morning.”

Congratulations! I just won Understatement Of The Year!

“I can tell…Say babe, I gotta head into work today. I’ll swing by around lunchtime.”

I always felt like a little kid around Billie. I don’t know why. He was just so matured, so dashing. And me, I was so much shorter than him, half a foot maybe. I felt like a teenager that just got her braces off and gotten contacts. Our ages just felt differing for whatever reason. He was always coming up with the ideas and I just went along stupidly along with them.

Sometimes it was the other way around. Like he’d be doing something so imature that I’d feel like I was a mom crashing a party or and older sister looking out for her little brother. There never really was a time when I didn’t feel like we were so different.

Rockstar Husband.

It sounds good.

-Flashback-

“Billie. This doesn’t look right.”
“What doesn’t look right? You look great.”
I stared the Russell stare.
I looked at myself in the mirror.
I was wearing my mom’s old wedding dress.
And my big belly.
“My mom musta been pregnant when she got married too. Because this seems to fit me very well.”
“How many times do I have to say it? You look beautiful. And it’s going to be a small wedding, so not a lot of people will notice.”
“Yeah right. I’ll be in magazines everywhere. The New Mrs. Armstrong Pregnant. Exclusive Wedding Photos Never Seen Before.”
I smiled a gay smile that looked like I was advertising something.
He laughed shyly.

But God I looked so fat! I turned at different angles to see if I’d look any better. Nope. Billie left the room for a brief moment and I held my hair up with my hands and posed what would be sexy if there wasn’t a humpback whale inside my stomach.

Then it occurred to me.

He doesn’t care.

He just doesn’t care. He doesn’t care about anything but what’s on the inside, which apparently was a large brick. But, HE DIDN’T CARE.

I sat on the bed, pretty much lied down. And almost fell asleep.

“Get up! You’re going to wrinkle that dress!” Mitzi said from the doorway.

I looked up and a smile grew on my face.

“MITZI!”

“ADDIE!”

I got up slowly and motioned towards her and hugged her tightly.

“How did you get in?” I asked dumbfoundedly. “Ohhhh! Billie let you in.”

“No shit, Sherlock.”

I laughed. No matter how old that got, it was still pretty damn funny.

NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!

-End of Flashback-

“Billie, when you get back home, I want to talk to you,” I said without realizing what I said.

“Every guy’s favorite words,” he mumbled. “What about?”

“Something. This is an emergency.” [paramore4life]

He crooked his eyebrows. “It’s a date.”