Life on Banana Street

Everything's Going To Be Fine

-Tre’s POV-

Addie has teased me too many times and quite frankly, I’m sick of it. Can you tell?

I paced around the small bathroom and contemplated whether I should bother her on this Sunday morning.

Duh.

-My POV-

I took Joey in for daycare and waited impatiently for Billie to come home.

That’s when I couldn’t take it anymore and just decided to go to the studio and buy him a nice lunch and all that jazz. That would get him in the mood for the news, right? Even if he actually didn’t want another child? Guess we’ll have to find out.

****

“Hi Billie!” I said when I walked into the studio.

“Hey babe.” He walked over to me and kissed me, making a ‘muah’ sound. “What brings you around?”

“Oh…” I shuffled my feet on the ground. “Nothin’. You want some lunch?”

“Yeah, that’d be great.” He smiled and turned his attention to Mike and Tre. “Hour break, guys.”

He came to me and grabbed me around the waist. “Where did you have in mind?” he asked as he shut the door.

I shrugged. “You pick, oh wonderful husband of mine.”

He smiled. “Someone’s in a good mood today.”

“Well, why wouldn’t I be? The day is beautiful. But not just because of springtime, because I’m spending it with you,” I said cheesily.

“Did you run over someone with the car? Are you addicted to drugs? Is anything wrong with you?” He asked suspiciously.

“Uh, no. Why? Does it seem like something’s wrong with me?”

“No, not at all.”

****

He finished looking at the menu and placed it down neatly at the edge of the table.

“So, how’s your day?” he asked.

“Oh, you know, as good as it can be. What are you working on in the studio right now?”

He shrugged. “Nothing much, just goofing around a lot. You know us, we can’t get nothin’ done,” he said as he took a drink of water.

I smiled. Only a bit sooner would he know the news. :D

“Hey, um, Billie. I gotta talk to you about something.”

“Well I am in the talking mood,” he rubbed his hands together and leaned forward a bit to listen.

“You see, Billie. Remember when you said you wanted another baby?” I asked, not entirely giving it away.

“Yep, sure do. And I can’t wait for the day it happens.”

“Well, you’re only going to have to wait maybe 9 months,” I tied it in.

A smile grew on his face and he got up and came to the other side of the table and kissed me.

“Are you for real?” he asked, his voice high-pitched and excited.

I nodded and the same smile grew on my face.

He kissed my fingers and sighed deeply. “How are we going to break this to Joe?” [gangsta joe]

I shrugged. “Sit him down and just tell him…

“You’re going to be a big brother,” I said to Joey when he got settled on the couch.

“Really? I’m going to teach him to play ball and throw the ball and watch TV and how to sleep!” Joey said.

“Well, you see hun. We don’t know if it’s going to be a boy or a girl so you might have a little sister. Would you like that too?”

“I don’t care. I just want someone to boss around.”

Joey got up and walked slowly upstairs and I looked at Billie as he looked at me.

“Are you going to-”

“Nope, just leave it alone,” he said.

****

-Billie’s POV-

“Hey guys,” I said and looked at Tre and Mike already in position to get the day started.

“’Sup, Bill. You don’t seem as enthused as you did yesterday. What’s eatin’ ya pal? You in the doghouse?” Mike asked.

“No, the total opposite. Ads is pregnant.”

“Dude, that’s great! Why aren’t you excited?” Mike seemed puzzled.

“I am excited. I just don’t know what’s wrong. I mean, I was giving her this talk about how I wanted another baby. And I do, I just…I don’t know. It’s complicated.”

“You can’t get it up, can ya?” Tre asked.

I stared at him. “Uh, yes Tre I can, thank you very much. Otherwise she wouldn’t have gotten pregnant.”

“I think you’re just nervous,” Mike said.

“About what?”

He shrugged. “It’s normal. Usually for the first kid, but the second one’s natural too.” He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. “You are going to do a great job at being a father.”

And for once, the woman Mike inspired me to write a song.

I grabbed a piece of paper near by and scribbled in messy handwriting: Worry Rock.