Empty Places

Bad Boys

We drove to the desolate outskirts of Vegas where he stopped the car. He opened the hood of the car and stepped out, I followed him. It was dark and I was able to hear police sirens in the distance. My phone started buzzing in my pocket, but I decided to ignore it.

“So…where are we?” I asked casually.

“A long way from your home.” He replied.

I simply nodded.

“You scared?” He questioned mockingly.

“No, why I would I be?” I replied.

“Then why are you tapping your foot?” He asked signaling at my right foot as he checked the engine.

“It’s a condition,” I answered stomping my foot down so it would stop.

I turned around and noticed that several other cars were coming in our direction.

“Look Ry, I’m about to race these guys and this might run a little late, shall I call you a cab?” He sounded a bit arrogant but I liked that.

“What? Why?” I asked indignantly.

“Because these drag races are hard and dangerous besides obviously isn’t your scene.” He said chuckling a little.

“Cop by day, drag racer by night. You truly are an enigma Damon,” I said chuckling as well.

“So what do you say?” he asked.

“I say I want a ride.” I said as I walked back to the passenger door and sat on the passenger seat smirking at him from the inside.

Once everyone arrived they settled into their position. Who knew drag races attracted so many people, it was a spectacle for about a hundred and fifty people. The race was between Damon and two other guys, one had a Mustang and the other had a Viper. The road was long but at the end there seemed to be a tunnel.

“Here’s the deal,” a guy in front of the cars yelled out, “the first one to enter the tunnel wins!”

The crowd cheered. “Ready! Set! GO!” with that he signaled.

Damon stepped on the gas and we sped off. We took the lead, I turned to look out the window, the Viper was already at our side. “Damon step on it!” I yelled out.

He stepped shifted and we went from 120 mph to 160 mph. But the Mustang was now ahead of us. “Faster! Faster!” I yelled, my heart was racing and the adrenaline was pumping through me. I was laughing and having a blast, something that hadn’t happened in a while.

He accelerated again and we were at 180 mph. As we got closer I noticed that the tunnel was narrow, only big enough for one car. “That’s only wide enough for one car Damon!” I yelled, panicking a little.

“I know, that’s why there can only be one winner!” He yelled back.

We were neck to neck with the Mustang and only about fifty meters away from the tunnel. “Damon we’re not gonna make it!” I yelled my heart was racing.

“Yes we will!” He yelled back laughing.

Only ten meters away, I shut my eyes closed and gripped the seat. The next thing I knew Damon was screaming victoriously and the car came to a halt. I opened my eyes. We had made it. I began to laugh triumphantly. “That was so fast!” I said completely excited.

He laughed.

“So what now?” I asked smiling.

“We celebrate.” He answered.

We drove back to where the crowd was and we drank a few beers. Then at about 1:32 AM he drove me home. The drive was silent but my heart was still racing I hadn’t felt that alive since I first played live with the band. He stopped in front of my apartment. I turned to look at him and before I could say anything he brought his lips to mine. The kiss was hot and passionate. It made me dizzy. I stepped out of the car clumsily, I stood there on the sidewalk smiling as he drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there you have it folks.
Ryan likes the wild life. :D
So comments please? :]
More comments = more updates and more crazy twists. XD
So thanks for reading and enjoy.
xoxo
Mr. Urie :D