Empty Places

As You Were

The next morning I woke up next on Jack on the bed. I sighed and I ran my hand through my messy hair. I grabbed my boxers from the floor and headed toward the bathroom. I turned on the shower, took off my boxers and stepped in. The warm water felt great as it ran down my body.

I showered and I walked out into the bedroom with only a towel wrapped around my waist. Jack was gone from the bed. I got dressed and was about to head down when my phone began ringing on the nightstand. I walked over RYAN was displayed on the screen. I answered it.

“Hey Ryro,” I answered.

“Hey Bren, what’s up? Sorry I missed your call last night, I fell asleep a little early.” He said.

“Oh it’s ok, I just wanted to see how you were,” I said.

“I’m pretty good, listen why don’t you come by later on tonight, we’ll catch up.” He sounded completely sincere, like the old Ryan.

“That sounds great,” I was actually smiling.

“Alright, see you then,” with that he hung up the phone.

I was extremely glad I would get to see him. I missed him so much, I was about to head down but was startled to find Jack standing behind me.

“Who was that?” he asked kissing me softly on the lips.

“It was just Ryan,” I began, “he wants to meet me tonight.”

He pushed past me, “oh and you agreed?” He sounded shocked.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I?” I said.

“Well Bden he has hurt you so much I thought you would’ve learned your lesson by now.” He said bluntly.

“Ryan hasn’t done anything to hurt me,” I defended Ry.

“Oh really? Umm… lets see, he humiliated you at party you guys threw for him, and then he goes and kicks you out of your home the next day. I say that qualifies as hurting someone.” He replied.

“But I drove him to that, I should’ve told him about us sooner,” I whispered.

“You’re always going to take his side aren’t you? Whatever don’t say I didn’t warn you. Just know I’ll always be here for you babe.” with that he walked into the bathroom.

I glanced at my watch, it was 12:49 PM I had a few errands to run and just enough time before meeting with Ryan.

I finished with everything I had to do at around 5:35 PM. I didn’t know if I wanted to go to Ryan’s yet. I walked into a Starbucks and ordered a tall Carmel Frappuccino. I sat there for a few before calling Ryan.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey Ryro,” I said as I took a sip from my frappuccino, “I’m at Starbucks want me to get you anything before I come over?”

“Sure Bden, I’d love a Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino.” He said chuckling a little.

“Alrighty, I’ll be at your place in twenty.” I hung up the phone got his drink and drove to our old apartment. Standing in our old front door brought back a lot of old memories. I finally brought myself to ring the doorbell. Seconds later Ryan opened the door smiling warmly. It was the first time I’d seen him smile like that in a long time. “I have your coffee.” I said.

“Come in,” Ryan replied taking the drink.

He then did the last thing I expected, he hugged me. It was nice to feel him embrace me again. I, of course hugged him back. He then pulled away and we walked to the living room, everything looked exactly the same. I found myself staring at a picture of Ryan and I when we were still together, we looked so happy. I snapped from reverie when I heard Ryan’s voice.

“Hmm?” I questioned.

“I said how’s Jack?” he asked politely before taking a sip from his frappuccino.

“He’s uh…good…why?” I asked.

“I know what you must be thinking, ‘I thought you hated him’ but to tell you the truth I realized life’s too short to live hating people,” he sounded sincere, “I mean for all you know tomorrow you could end up in a coma….again.”

“Well you’re right about that,” I stated.

He sat down on the couch, “come sit with me.”

I walked over to him and sat down, he definitely looked exactly as he had about a year ago. Maybe even better. He leaned toward me and started playing with a lock of my hair.

“So how have you been Brenny?” he asked.

“Uh…I’m fine, what about you?” I answered.
He leaned closer and placed a soft kiss on my cheek, “I….am….fantastic.” He began to make his way to my neck placing soft kisses along the way.

Not that I wasn’t enjoying it but I had to know what he was up to, so I pulled away. “What are you doing Ryan?”

“What don’t you wanna play?” he asked coyly yet seductively.

I swallowed hard. “You know I’m with Jack now.” Oh I wished I hadn’t said that.

Ryan looked hurt and slightly angry, “fine.”

I was surprised he didn’t overreact. Just then there was a knock on the door.

“Why don’t I just get that?” said Ryan as he got up.

I sat there wondering if I had done a big mistake, I wanted Ryan so badly. Ryan came back into the room, he wasn’t alone. A guy with soft golden skin, black spiky hair, and brown eyes was with him. I got the picture from the way Ryan clung to him.

“Bden this is Damon, my…” Ryan began.

“Boyfriend.” Damon finished.

Ryan kissed him passionately in front of me. I felt like my heart had been shattered into a million pieces. I looked at the floor then back at Ryan he was smiling devilishly. I got up from the couch at that moment. “Uh…Ry I uh…I have to go,” I said trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to come.

I walked toward the front door, Ryan followed me, “Bden you’re leaving? But the fun’s just getting started.” he sounded completely amused.

I didn’t bother to reply. I jerked the door open and ran down to the parking lot the tears finally streaming. I ran to the car, unlocked it and got it. I banged my head a against the wheel a few times. How could I have been so stupid? Why hadn't I listened to Jack? Ryan would never be the same, but there was also something Ryan didn’t know: bitches aren’t born, they’re made.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there you have it.
More drama. >=]
Enjoy! XD
I must admit I like writing this :D
So comments please?
More to come, believe me it'll keep you guessing!
So please feedback! :D
xoxo,
Mr. Urie