Empty Places

Who Are You?

They look completely different, Jon and Spencer both grew out their beards. They had also changed they way they dressed. Brendon had cut his hair, it was still shaggy but not as much as it used to be. They looked like complete strangers despite the fact that I’ve known them for years. Spencer and Jon walked closer to me, Bren stayed a little further back. I don’t know if he’s just shocked to see me awake or if he has moved on in the year I’ve been asleep. There’s so much I want to say and ask but I was speechless.

“Hey Ryro,” said Spencer as he came up to me and hugged me. I hugged him back.

“How are you feeling, Ry?” asked Jon, he too hugged me.

“I’ve been better,” I replied dryly, “mostly like I want to get out this stupid bed.”

I noticed Brendon hadn’t said anything, he didn’t even come hug me. I felt a sharp pain in my chest just thinking about him moving on. I knew it was utterly selfish of me but I love him so much. “Aren’t you going to say anything?” I finally asked.

Brendon turned to look at me, the expression upon his angelic face was pained. He ran to me and hugged me, I knew I was just being paranoid he still loved me. I hugged him tight, it feels like ages since I’ve held him in my arms, well it has been. My eyes got watery, I couldn’t hold the tears in anymore. Brendon looked at me, he wiped the tears rolling down my cheeks. I brought my lips to his, they felt so soft and warm, exactly as I remembered. But there was something weird about the kiss, it lacked the passion it once had. I pulled away.

“I missed you,” he whispered.

“I missed you too.” I replied.

I had been wrong, these weren’t strangers they were my friends, the ones I had known and loved. Part of me knew that wasn’t one hundred percent true but I pushed that to the back of my mind. Right now all that mattered was that I was awake and I could now resume living my life.

“So, I have to know something.” I said.

They looked at each other nervously for some reason.

“What is it Ryro?” Brendon asked.

“How did I end up here? I keep trying to remember but all I come up with is our phone call as I was driving home.” I said.

They were all quiet for a moment, I felt anxious. Finally Jon spoke, “you were in an accident, as you were driving home a woman hit your car. You were in intensive care for about a week before you fell into the coma.”

“Oh.” I mumbled. Suddenly it was almost as if everything came rushing back into my brain. I remembered talking to Brendon, I was driving back to our apartment. Then I saw the blinding lights, I felt the metal door slam into my side and then the spinning. From that moment everything was blank up to now. “What about the woman who hit me?”

“She wasn’t so lucky,” Spencer answered, his eyes locked on the floor.

This was all too much for me. I didn’t even know how to feel anymore. I didn’t say anything for a while. The room was completely silent.

“When can I go home?” I finally asked.

“Tomorrow morning, the doctor wants to keep you in observation for tonight,” Brendon replied. He sounded kind of relieved I couldn’t leave yet.

I was about to ask what was it that they were hiding from me when my parents burst into the room. My mom cried as if I had just resurrected from the dead. She fed me the yucky hospital food and tried to make me feel better. Soon visitor hours were over Brendon was the last to leave. He came over and gave a soft kiss on my lips.

“I’ll come get you first thing tomorrow.” he whispered.

“I love you,” I said.

“Love you too,” he said as he stepped out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's chapter 2.
Hope you enjoy.
And remember comments=subscriptions= faster, daily updates!
xoxo,
Mr. Urie