My Best Friends are Twins and One of Them Just Happens to be My Boyfriend

Confessions

Alex’s P.O.V.

As I was pacing back and forth in my room, I couldn’t stop thinking about how stupid I’ve been. I specifically told my brother I was okay with him dating Izzy, which is about as far from the truth as saying that Aiden and I weren’t twins and had been adopted my flesh eating guinea pigs. I was in so over my head.

“Calm down, Alex. You just have to think about this. It would hurt Aiden so much if he found out. You just need to get over her. And fast.” I thought out loud. “Great, now I’m talking to myself. I have totally lost it.”

I decided that trying to think of ways to get over Izzy would probably just make me like her more and be less likely to actually get over her. So, my back-up plan was to go watch a movie. When I got to the theater I noticed that Aiden and Izzy were just getting up off the couch and heading toward the door, where I was currently standing. Great.

“Hey, Alex, we’re going to go out and get some pizza. Do you want to come along?” Izzy asked being polite and perfect as always. See what I mean about being in over my head?

“No, thanks, I think I’m just going to stay in and relax tonight. I’m not really hungry for pizza right now. You two go and have a good time.” I watched as she nodded and pulled Aiden out the door and down the hall to his room.

I sound like a freaking parent!

I slapped my forehead. I am such a blubbering idiot around her. I’m not hungry for pizza. Dude, you’re always hungry for pizza. You practically live off the stuff.

Can I just crawl into a little ball and die? Seriously, my life would be so much less complicated. Or, maybe, I could get mom to send me to boarding school. Yeah, it’s not like we’re hard-pressed for money. Then, I wouldn’t have to see them every second of every day, except, I would miss everyone like crazy. Gah, I hate my life!

I decided to watch Twilight while they were gone. And of course, like with almost every other time I get no sleep and put in a movie, I fell asleep about fifteen minutes into it.
I woke up to the sound of a door closing, “We’re back!”

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked at the screen. There was maybe five minutes left of the movie. I heard footsteps on the stairs. Alright, time to act like you are really enjoying the movie.

“Ooh, Twilight! I love this movie!”

“We know. You have only watched it about fifty times since we bought it. Which was only about seven days ago.” Aiden said sounding slightly annoyed at the sheer number of times the girl could watch that movie.

She blushed.

We sat or rather, I sat and they stood in awkward silence for the next several minutes. By this time, the movie was over.

“I’m going to go to my room. If you guys want to have the theater you can.” I told them. “So, Izzy, if you want to watch Twilight for the fifty-first time, you may.”

At that, I walked out of the theater without waiting for their response. I rubbed my temples as I reached my room and leaned against the door. Man, a therapist would be nice right about now.

Just as I was getting ready to actually open the door and go in my room, Mom came up the stairs. “Alex, are you hungry? I made spaghetti.”

“That sounds great Mom. Would you mind if I ate it in my room though? I just am getting a headache and would be more comfortable on my bed.”

“That’s fine, honey. It’s ready whenever you are.”

I think since she knew Aiden and Izzy just got back from the restaurant, she didn’t bother asking them if they wanted any and went back down the stairs.

I slowly trudged down the stairs after her. The scent of Italian seasonings began wafting up the stairs toward me. I did love spaghetti. This made me increase my pace. I hadn’t realized how hungry I had actually gotten. That’s what happens when I realize I’m in love with my best friend who just happens to be dating my brother, skip school because I can’t sleep, and try to ignore the two people I care about most practically going at it right under my nose. Boarding school is sounding better every second.

When I got downstairs I loaded my plate with spaghetti and grabbed a few slices of garlic bread. I waved to the parental units and disappeared back up the stairs.

As I sat on my bed eating I couldn’t help but think what would happen if I were to go to boarding school. I’m sure my family would miss me. Aiden would probably be happier though, since then he would have Izzy all to himself without having to compete with the twin brother who happens to be her best friend. Hopefully, Izzy would miss me. Although, with my brother around, she might forget I even exist.

You need to stop thinking like that. You are not that forgettable.

When did life get so complicated? I guess that’s what happens when you fall in love with your best friend slash brother’s girlfriend.

I really need to stop reminding myself of that and start thinking about more positive things, like how good Mom’s spaghetti is. Or, how I’m going to ace the advanced biology test on Wednesday.

Wow, if an Advanced Biology test is something positive to look forward to, I really need to get a life. No, wonder Izzy and Aiden make fun of me about school all the time. I need a hobby. Or, I could just start skateboarding again. That worked the last time I was infatuated with Izzy. I eventually, kind of got over that. Well, at least I think I did.

I took my dishes down to the kitchen and rinsed them off. I noticed Mom hadn’t started the dishwasher yet, so I put in the rest of the dishes from dinner. It was just enough for a load. I walked into the sitting room where Mom was reading one of her romance novels.

“Did you want me to start the dishwasher?”

She looked up from her book, “Sure, honey.”

After I started the dishwasher, I decided it was necessary to take a shower. I walked back upstairs and into my private bathroom. I was about to start the shower when there was a knock at my door. I wonder who that could be.

“Who is it?” I asked before I heard the click of a door closing. Whoever it was was now in my room, whilst I was standing in my bathroom wearing absolutely no clothing. This was just
perfect.

I was going to reach for my towel when the bathroom door opened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a request for more of Alex's p.o.v.

As always message, comment, subscribe. :)