My Best Friends are Twins and One of Them Just Happens to be My Boyfriend

Interruptions

Ryan’s P.O.V.

We were both breathing heavily and were covered in a sheen of sweat. We hurried to put our clothes back on.

“Just a second.” Aly shouted to whoever was at the door.

Just as Aly had pulled her shirt back over her head, our visitor become too impatient to wait for us and opened the door.

“Tristan, what do you want?”

“I just wanted to see how much progress you had made. It doesn’t look like you’ve done anything at all. How long has he been here? It’s been about two hours, hasn’t it?”

“I guess, I hadn’t really noticed.”

I silently prayed he wouldn’t notice the fact that we were covered in sweat and how our breathing was just now starting to regulate.

I looked at my phone. I had three new messages.

<Izzy>

Dude, Ryan, what are you guys doing? It can’t have taken this long to unpack. We got done like an hour ago. Aiden wants to know if you want to go eat with us. Let me know.

<Alex>

You scored yet? Lol.

<Izzy>

Hey, I just got done. I’ll see you at home.

“My sister needs to talk to me about something, so I’ll catch you guys later.” I slipped past Tristan and left the house. Seconds after I left, Aly was rushing out after me.

“Ryan?”

I turned around to face her and she kissed me.

“Come back soon, okay?”

I nodded and started back across the street. I contemplated texting Alex back, but it wasn’t really any of his business what I did with Aly.

I was still thinking about how wonderful tonight was when I walked in the door.
I was faced with half a dozen questioning eyes. “What?”

Aiden started snickering. I could tell he was trying to hold it in, but was not being very successful.

“Ow.” Izzy had elbowed him in the ribs.

“What took you so long? She have a lot of stuff?”

“Not exactly.” I continued up to my room. They followed me, of course. They had nothing better to do with their lives than bother me.

“Ryan?”

“What do you want Izzy?” I practically shouted this at her, because at the moment I wanted nothing more than to be left alone. I chanced a glance back at her. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell, I just kinda want to be alone right now.”

“Okay, so I guess you don’t want to eat with us then.”

“Sorry, maybe next time.”

She turned around and started walking down the stairs. Call it twin intuition, but I felt as if she was crying. I caught up to her and pulled her into a hug. “I really am sorry.”

She just looked at me, the tears streaming down her face.

“Will you feel better if I come with you?”

Since she couldn’t talk, she nodded at me.

“Can you guys wait so I can shower and change clothes. It shouldn’t take longer than fifteen minutes.”

Again, she nodded.

“I’ll come down when I’m ready.”

I hugged her one more time for good measure. Then, I walked back upstairs and into my room. I sighed and closed the door.

Turning on the shower, I undressed. After I was done, I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to the closet to find something to wear. When I was dressed again, I walked back down to the living room.

Izzy had stopped crying thankfully. It also looked as if she had redone her makeup.

They all looked up as I walked into the room. “Are you ready to go?”

Everyone made their way out to the car. Aiden was driving.

We pulled out of the driveway, making our way down the street.

“Where are we eating?” I asked, since I hadn’t bothered to ask before.

“You’ll see.” Alex told me.

“Great. You know how I hate surprises, especially when it comes to food.”

He just laughed at me.

I stared out the window until the car came to a stop. We were in a parking lot. I looked up at the sign. “Oh, great, we’re having pizza. Again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's short again. And kinda bad. :(
Message, comment, subscribe.